• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

liberal = hypocrite?

Started by Arta, October 14, 2004, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arta

hmm, I dunno. I think the war in afghanistan was much more likely to ge justified than Iraq. The taliban were actively supporting Al Qaida after all.

Tuberload

Al Qaida was responsible for 3000+ American deaths. The Taliban supported them openly. I do not care whether you like the fact that we can retaliate with such force. America is the only world power left, and because of that people are going to hate us. I can live with that.

Adron: You said you thought the Kuwait war was a just one. I am going to assume that you think that because America went to the defense of a country that was being unjustly over run. Now if we wouldn't have helped them the rest of the world would have criticized us.

You also say you do not think the Afghan war was just. Yet we were unjustly attacked and many civilians lost their life. Just because we can take them out in a small amount of time shouldn't make that any different.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Adron

Quote from: Tuberload on October 17, 2004, 05:09 PM
Al Qaida was responsible for 3000+ American deaths. The Taliban supported them openly. I do not care whether you like the fact that we can retaliate with such force. America is the only world power left, and because of that people are going to hate us. I can live with that.

1. Americans are responsible for many deaths as well.

2. Revenge is not justice.

Anything else?

Quote from: Tuberload on October 17, 2004, 05:09 PM
Adron: You said you thought the Kuwait war was a just one. I am going to assume that you think that because America went to the defense of a country that was being unjustly over run. Now if we wouldn't have helped them the rest of the world would have criticized us.

You also say you do not think the Afghan war was just. Yet we were unjustly attacked and many civilians lost their life. Just because we can take them out in a small amount of time shouldn't make that any different.

I didn't say I did not think the Afghan war was just. What I said was that I fail to see the imminent threat the Talibans offered. Coming to Kuwait's aid when they ask for it is one thing, attacking another country (Afghanistan) when that country hasn't itself made a direct attack on you is a different thing.

I suppose what you're saying is that "an eye for an eye" is your way of doing things? Justice as in they kill us, we kill them? Revenge at any cost? I hope you realize that means you support the attack on WTC, if that was in fact revenge for people killed by Americans?

Banana fanna fo fanna

There really, desperately needs to be an Islamic reformation.

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on October 17, 2004, 12:01 PM
Quote from: Hazard on October 17, 2004, 11:18 AM
So what was your solution to the imminent threat of the Taliban and al Qaeda in Afghanistan? I'd love to hear your response to that. I say "Let's Roll!" You say, "Lets roll over!"

There was no imminent threat. Any other questions?

There was no immintent threat? The threat of biological, nuclear, or other types of terrorism are not imminent threats? Get your head out of your ass Adron.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

quasi-modo

Quote from: Hazard on October 17, 2004, 11:18 AM
So what was your solution to the imminent threat of the Taliban and al Qaeda in Afghanistan? I'd love to hear your response to that. I say "Let's Roll!" You say, "Lets roll over!"

Like that Nick at Night commercial: Nip it in the bud. Why wait for there to be an imminent threat, why wait for them to have the ability to hit us again, perhaps with something a bit stronger. We do not know how long it would take them to be ready to hit us another time either, could be a week could be a year. I say it could happen quite soon if we are passive about it. The terrorists hate us, they are not going to just attack once,  light a cigarette, and say they are spent. If we let them they will attack again.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Tuberload

I guess in the end we all have different opinions, but yes I still believe in what happened.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

muert0

What threat of biological or nuclear attack??? If they had the bombs and a way to get them here...
To lazy for slackware.

Hazard

Our very own aircraft and other means of transportation and the suicidial "holy warriors" willing to die for it. Those are their means mert0. If you honestly don't believe it was and is a huge threat you are as ignorant as they are.

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on October 17, 2004, 07:18 PM

There was no immintent threat? The threat of biological, nuclear, or other types of terrorism are not imminent threats? Get your head out of your ass Adron.

They weren't read to attack on a broad front at that time. Imminent threat means their missiles are ready to fire, and they weren't. They were badly organized.

muert0

And now there should be  a lot better security at the airports. So no i don't think it's a threat anymore. If it is then we are a  lot worse off than I thought we were. And I don't think an airplane is a nuclear or biological weapon.
To lazy for slackware.

Hazard

Quote from: muert0 on October 18, 2004, 03:06 PM
And now there should be  a lot better security at the airports. So no i don't think it's a threat anymore. If it is then we are a  lot worse off than I thought we were. And I don't think an airplane is a nuclear or biological weapon.

Nuclear and biological "dirty bombs" are not outside the ability of terrorist factions. It is a real threat, believe it.

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on October 18, 2004, 06:37 AM
Quote from: Hazard on October 17, 2004, 07:18 PM

They weren't read to attack on a broad front at that time. Imminent threat means their missiles are ready to fire, and they weren't. They were badly organized.

Take a grease fire for example. You're in a situation where the signs are imminent, and you know there is a definite probability of a fire. You're saying that we should wait for the fire to go ahead and start, then put it out, rather than defuse the situation before it exists. Great idea.

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on October 18, 2004, 05:24 PM
Take a grease fire for example. You're in a situation where the signs are imminent, and you know there is a definite probability of a fire. You're saying that we should wait for the fire to go ahead and start, then put it out, rather than defuse the situation before it exists. Great idea.

I'm saying if there's an immediate threat, it better be dealt with. As there was no immediate threat, .....

Hazard

Quote from: Adron on October 18, 2004, 06:02 PM
Quote from: Hazard on October 18, 2004, 05:24 PM

I'm saying if there's an immediate threat, it better be dealt with. As there was no immediate threat, .....

Terrorism is not an immediate threat? We should only act if they are in progress of another attack?

|