• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

UN demands Israel tear down the barrier

Started by Vicious, October 06, 2004, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Hitmen

Quote from: j0k3r on October 14, 2004, 05:44 AM
Out of all of my friends whose parents have gotten a divorce, they've admitted that it affected them profoundly.
My parents got divorced in february. It affected me for about a week, after that I ceased to give a shit. Although had it happened at a younger age it probably would have had much more of an affect on me.

Banana fanna fo fanna

It's okay for Hitmen to have his signature, but it's not okay for me to suggest that we send a few tactical nukes over to Mecca.

muert0

My parents divorced when i was 6 months old. It probably had an affect on me with the llack of both parental figures. But I think the thread has gone off topic a little. I don't believe they should have the option to adopt but they should be able to have the label of married through the state so that they can get the same benefits as a married couple.

Actually this thread has gone way off topic and I'm not even going to try to catch up on it.
To lazy for slackware.

Forged

Quote from: j0k3r on October 14, 2004, 05:44 AM
Quote from: Forged on October 13, 2004, 09:51 PM
It is void though, because marriage and the raising of children are two diffrent things...
Congratulations on the dumbest post of this thread.

Out of all of my friends whose parents have gotten a divorce, they've admitted that it affected them profoundly. Divorce aside, kids raised in houses with marriage problems often (not always) have more problems emotionally than those raised in a house with a good marriage.

My parents are divorced, it really doesn't bother me, but that wasn't what I was talking about anyway.  He said that Homosexuals can't raise children properlly, so I said marriage and raising children are two diffrent things.  You don't have to raise a child just because you are married to someone. kthx
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Hazard

Its one such example. I have another major argument against homosexual "unions." What will this open the door to? Might we then have to legalize polygamy? If it should be the choice of the individuals who to marry and have "relations with" shouldn't it go that it should be the choice of the people to marry multiple partners?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

quasi-modo

Quote from: Tuberload on October 13, 2004, 11:30 PM
Quote from: peofeoknight on October 13, 2004, 10:26 PM
Quote from: Tuberload on October 13, 2004, 05:22 PM
Quote from: peofeoknight on October 13, 2004, 05:11 PM
Quote from: Tuberload on October 13, 2004, 04:55 PM
My values are not shaped by religion whatsoever. I am a baptized catholic by birth, but I do not practice it as of now. My values are shaped by life's lessons I have been "fortunate" enough to experience.
If you do not practice a religion then it can't very well shape your values now can it?

Then perhaps you should rephrase your position, so that it doesn't sound like you're saying all values are shaped by religion.
No I am saying that bushes values are shaped by his religion. You are saying you are a catholic but not practicing. Bush practices his religion so it shapes his values, you do not practice your so it can't shape yours. I have said bush's values are shaped by religion. Not all values. Pay attention. I was continuously referring to the commander in chief.

You tell me to pay attention yet you're completely unable to respond to any point that is ever made to you? What a joke...
I have been responding and you have not been getting the message. Don't call me a joke when you are putting words in my mouth or misunderstanding what I am saying.

I have been saying throughout this thread that Bush makes decisions based on values, his values were shaped by his religion. This does not mean he is making a deicison to further his religion. But somehow you interpreted that to mean all values are shaped by religion???
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: Forged on October 13, 2004, 10:37 PM
Quote from: peofeoknight on October 13, 2004, 10:33 PM
Quote from: Hazard on October 13, 2004, 09:45 PM
How about the evidence from the American Psycholigical Institute concerning the development of children who grow up in homosexual homes, or does that not count?

links?  It is void though, because marriage and the raising of children are two diffrent things...
The whole idea behind not allowing gay marriage is because it hurts the family unit. Families are torn up enough as it is with divorces. We do not need the definition of marriage getting more screwed up. Marriage used to be forever... that's all changed. Once marriage was between a man and a woman... now that will change too?

It hurts the family unit?  How is anothers divorce any of your buisness?  How does it hurt your marriage?  Further more, how does someone getting married mean we will have more divorce?  Marriage is not a christian concept, no where close, don't treat it as one.
I never did tread it as a christian concept... marriage was around long before the christians. When a family gets a divorce it tears the family apart. When did I say another family getting a divorce is affecting my life? It is not affecting me personally, but it is screwing up that family.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Forged

Quotemight we then have to legalize polygamy?
ok?
Quote from: peofeoknight on October 14, 2004, 10:19 PM
Quote from: Forged on October 13, 2004, 10:37 PM
Quote from: peofeoknight on October 13, 2004, 10:33 PM
Quote from: Hazard on October 13, 2004, 09:45 PM
How about the evidence from the American Psycholigical Institute concerning the development of children who grow up in homosexual homes, or does that not count?

links?  It is void though, because marriage and the raising of children are two diffrent things...
The whole idea behind not allowing gay marriage is because it hurts the family unit. Families are torn up enough as it is with divorces. We do not need the definition of marriage getting more screwed up. Marriage used to be forever... that's all changed. Once marriage was between a man and a woman... now that will change too?

It hurts the family unit?  How is anothers divorce any of your buisness?  How does it hurt your marriage?  Further more, how does someone getting married mean we will have more divorce?  Marriage is not a christian concept, no where close, don't treat it as one.
I never did tread it as a christian concept... marriage was around long before the christians. When a family gets a divorce it tears the family apart. When did I say another family getting a divorce is affecting my life? It is not affecting me personally, but it is screwing up that family.
So? 

Arta

When a family gets a divorce it tears the family apart. When did I say another family getting a divorce is affecting my life? It is not affecting me personally, but it is screwing up that family.

My parents are divorced, so I want you to read this carefully before you respond:

Shut up. Divorce disrupts the lives of families, yes, but so does having parents who hate eachother. Divorce is often preferable to remaining married. THAT'S WHY PEOPLE GET THEM. Moreover, how are the decisions of other families ANY of your business? Which brings me to...

How is other people's sexual preference any of your business? People who are gay fall in love just like people who are straight, and there's no reason why they shouldn't be accorded the same privileges by society. Civil Unions will NOT destroy the family unit, they will NOT break up families, they will NOT, in fact, adversely affect anyone, so why do you care?

This issue is a matter of simple prejudice. I've never, ever, ever heard a single good argument against gay marriage.

If you disagree, provide bullet-points in favour. I don't really want to read yet another right-wing diatribe on homosexuality, clothed by politics.

Kp

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 15, 2004, 03:38 AMCivil Unions will NOT destroy the family unit, they will NOT break up families, they will NOT, in fact, adversely affect anyone, so why do you care?
This issue is a matter of simple prejudice. I've never, ever, ever heard a single good argument against gay marriage.
If you disagree, provide bullet-points in favour. I don't really want to read yet another right-wing diatribe on homosexuality, clothed by politics.

Actually, it will affect some people.  In particular, the clerks responsible for issuing marriage licenses will have more work to do. ;)
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

muert0

And the government will get more money.
To lazy for slackware.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 15, 2004, 03:38 AM
When a family gets a divorce it tears the family apart. When did I say another family getting a divorce is affecting my life? It is not affecting me personally, but it is screwing up that family.

Then here it is. If gay marriage is legalized as a federal law, the south will go nuts. Like it or not, there's a valid point.

I see nothing wrong with civil unions; I think it's a good compromise.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 15, 2004, 03:38 AM

My parents are divorced, so I want you to read this carefully before you respond:

Shut up. Divorce disrupts the lives of families, yes, but so does having parents who hate eachother. Divorce is often preferable to remaining married. THAT'S WHY PEOPLE GET THEM. Moreover, how are the decisions of other families ANY of your business? Which brings me to...
they should work things out or not get married in the first place. How come divorces are on the rise? They used to be less common because people would work things out. My parents get in plenty of fights, but they always compromise and make up. Today it seems to me like some minor thing will drive a married couple to divorce, things that can be fixed.

QuoteCivil Unions will NOT destroy the family unit, they will NOT break up families, they will NOT, in fact, adversely affect anyone, so why do you care?
I do not neccessarily disaggree with civil unions. Its just that marriage is between a man and a woman. Husband and wife, not husband and husband.... I have no problem with people of the same sex having a sort of common law wife husband deal going on where they can get the other ones stuff if they break up, or be on the same health care plans, so on and so fourth.
WAR EAGLE!

Forged

QuoteThen here it is. If gay marriage is legalized as a federal law, the south will go nuts

Why should anyone care what a bunch of ignorant cousin fuckers think?  If they want to try and leave again let them.  See how long it takes for them to come crawling back....

Quotedo not neccessarily disaggree with civil unions

I think our goverment should get out of marriage all together.  They should issue civil unions to everyone, and marriage can be that persons religous preference.

QuoteIts just that marriage is between a man and a woman.
On a complete side note, that sounds like something people were saying in the 70's but with more of a racial conintation

quasi-modo

Quote from: Forged on October 15, 2004, 04:37 PM
QuoteThen here it is. If gay marriage is legalized as a federal law, the south will go nuts

Why should anyone care what a bunch of ignorant cousin fuckers think?  If they want to try and leave again let them.  See how long it takes for them to come crawling back....
The candidates sure care.
WAR EAGLE!

|