• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

UN demands Israel tear down the barrier

Started by Vicious, October 06, 2004, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Tuberload

Quote from: peofeoknight on October 13, 2004, 05:11 PM
Quote from: Tuberload on October 13, 2004, 04:55 PM
My values are not shaped by religion whatsoever. I am a baptized catholic by birth, but I do not practice it as of now. My values are shaped by life’s lessons I have been "fortunate" enough to experience.
If you do not practice a religion then it can't very well shape your values now can it?

Then perhaps you should rephrase your position, so that it doesn't sound like you're saying all values are shaped by religion.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Hitmen

"Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace." ~The Boondock Saints

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: Arta[vL] on October 12, 2004, 05:11 PM
Quote from: Hazard on October 12, 2004, 03:02 PM
Fine, so you all Arab societies are bad?

Sigh. No. I said basing politics on religion is bad.

Stop being obtuse on purpose.

Alright guys, let's look at the facts here.

1. Arta is a screaming liberal.
2. It is stylish for liberals to hate Bush and debase him about anything, even totally unrelated stuff
3. It is stylish for liberals to hate Jews and Israel
4. It is stylish for liberals to support police-state Arab countries
5. It is stylish to hate anything that references Christianity or Judaism
6. It is stylish to love Islam

Thus, it's bad when Bush, Israel, or any Christian-dominated country makes a decision slightly influenced by religion, but it's okay to fly jet airliners into buildings in the name of Allah.

Forged

QuoteEven if the law is good? Its bad because of the basis?
There is a diffrence between religous morals, and common morals.
ie. Killing is bad, it harms others and there for it is bad. How ever Homosexual marriage hurts no one, but because of a skewed dogma it is forbidden.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Hazard

Quote from: Forged on October 13, 2004, 07:30 PM
QuoteEven if the law is good? Its bad because of the basis?
There is a diffrence between religous morals, and common morals.
ie. Killing is bad, it harms others and there for it is bad. How ever Homosexual marriage hurts no one, but because of a skewed dogma it is forbidden.

Well, a person "enjoying" marijuana in the privacy of his own home, but it is still illegal. The argument against homosexual marriage is partially because it threatens the integrity of a stable home environment for the rearing of children.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Forged

QuoteWell, a person "enjoying" marijuana in the privacy of his own home, but it is still illegal. The argument against homosexual marriage is partially because it threatens the integrity of a stable home environment for the rearing of children
The pot thing is corperate bullshit, another terrible plauge of american law.

How do you know it threatens the family enviorment?  Has anyone ever tested this theory?  And even if they had that is beside the point, last time I checked two guys couldn't make babys, but they should however be able to benefiet from the laws given to normal married people...

Hazard

How about the evidence from the American Psycholigical Institute concerning the development of children who grow up in homosexual homes, or does that not count?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

Forged

Quote from: Hazard on October 13, 2004, 09:45 PM
How about the evidence from the American Psycholigical Institute concerning the development of children who grow up in homosexual homes, or does that not count?

links?  It is void though, because marriage and the raising of children are two diffrent things...

quasi-modo

Quote from: Tuberload on October 13, 2004, 05:22 PM
My values are not shaped by religion whatsoever. I am a baptized catholic by birth, but I do not practice it as of now. My values are shaped by life's lessons I have been "fortunate" enough to experience.
If you do not practice a religion then it can't very well shape your values now can it?

Then perhaps you should rephrase your position, so that it doesn't sound like you're saying all values are shaped by religion.
No I am saying that bushes values are shaped by his religion. You are saying you are a catholic but not practicing. Bush practices his religion so it shapes his values, you do not practice your so it can't shape yours. I have said bush's values are shaped by religion. Not all values. Pay attention. I was continuously referring to the commander in chief.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: Forged on October 13, 2004, 09:51 PM

links?  It is void though, because marriage and the raising of children are two diffrent things...
The whole idea behind not allowing gay marriage is because it hurts the family unit. Families are torn up enough as it is with divorces. We do not need the definition of marriage getting more screwed up. Marriage used to be forever... that's all changed. Once marriage was between a man and a woman... now that will change too?
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Forged

Quote from: peofeoknight on October 13, 2004, 10:33 PM

The whole idea behind not allowing gay marriage is because it hurts the family unit. Families are torn up enough as it is with divorces. We do not need the definition of marriage getting more screwed up. Marriage used to be forever... that's all changed. Once marriage was between a man and a woman... now that will change too?

It hurts the family unit?  How is anothers divorce any of your buisness?  How does it hurt your marriage?  Further more, how does someone getting married mean we will have more divorce?  Marriage is not a christian concept, no where close, don't treat it as one.

Tuberload

Quote from: peofeoknight on October 13, 2004, 10:26 PM
Quote from: Tuberload on October 13, 2004, 05:22 PM
My values are not shaped by religion whatsoever. I am a baptized catholic by birth, but I do not practice it as of now. My values are shaped by life’s lessons I have been "fortunate" enough to experience.

No I am saying that bushes values are shaped by his religion. You are saying you are a catholic but not practicing. Bush practices his religion so it shapes his values, you do not practice your so it can't shape yours. I have said bush's values are shaped by religion. Not all values. Pay attention. I was continuously referring to the commander in chief.

You tell me to pay attention yet you're completely unable to respond to any point that is ever made to you? What a joke...
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

j0k3r

It is void though, because marriage and the raising of children are two diffrent things...
Congratulations on the dumbest post of this thread.

Out of all of my friends whose parents have gotten a divorce, they've admitted that it affected them profoundly. Divorce aside, kids raised in houses with marriage problems often (not always) have more problems emotionally than those raised in a house with a good marriage.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Adron

Quote from: peofeoknight on October 13, 2004, 10:33 PM

For divorces, yes, it does mean that family units can disappear instead of festering forever. So in some way I suppose it could be taken to reduce family units. You can't say the same about gay marriage though. Gay marriage allows homosexuals to form a family unit, offering greater possibilities for family units to be created. Clearly an improvement?

Kp

The whole issue is made messier by the unfortunate use of the same term by both church and state.  A "marriage" as sponsored by a church is one thing, and there's quite a bit of uproar about homosexual marriage as a result (mostly driven by religions which have codified homosexuality as undesirable).  A "marriage" as recognized by the state is another mostly (entirely?) distinct object, which entitles the people therein to certain benefits not available to couples who are merely dating (or living together or <non-govt.-recognized-relation here>).  As I understand it, this latter is what the proponents of gay marriage are actually interested in achieving, but the lack of clear division between a religious marriage and a government-recognized marriage have drawn down the ire of the devoutly religious.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

|