• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Anyone having BNLS weirdness?

Started by MyndFyre, October 03, 2004, 03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anubis

Quote from: LordNevar on October 04, 2004, 05:57 PM
Use the servers to connect to BNLS.
Name    : bnls.valhallalegends.com   (.COM | US Commercial)
Address : 63.161.183.202

These do not route anymore.
Name    : www.valhallalegends.com    (.COM | US Commercial)
Address : 63.161.183.207

So will this be fixed, or do us CSB users have to find an alternative? Or did I just miss a post somewhere...

Networks

Quote from: Anubis on October 06, 2004, 04:18 PM

So will this be fixed, or do us CSB users have to find an alternative? Or did I just miss a post somewhere...

CSB uses www.valhallalegends.com ? HAHAHAHAHA GOOD! :)

Anubis

Wow...impressive reply. Really, I'm impressed.

Kp

Quote from: Anubis on October 06, 2004, 05:49 PMWow...impressive reply. Really, I'm impressed.

Actually, given the quality of CSB users, I'm rather pleased with Networks' civility in his post.  CSB users don't really deserve such a light treatment.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Minux

Quote from: Networks on October 05, 2004, 03:09 PM
Probably 0x54..? I was at school, so I was just guessing. (NOT WAR3 HASHED IT IS GOING THROUGH BNLS (for those of you who have Suspicion))

Userloser.. it is..

0x54 being AccountLogonProof can be done through BNLS using [0x03].
The structures for 0x03 can be found here.

Hope this helps -.-

Networks

Quote from: Kp on October 06, 2004, 05:56 PM
Quote from: Anubis on October 06, 2004, 05:49 PMWow...impressive reply. Really, I'm impressed.

Actually, given the quality of CSB users, I'm rather pleased with Networks' civility in his post.  CSB users don't really deserve such a light treatment.

Networks for president?

(Don't be a son of a bush!)

Soul Taker

Quote from: Anubis on October 06, 2004, 04:18 PM

There's nothing to be fixed except for the code the client is using (in this case, CSB).  The spec has said for a long, long time to use bnls.valhallalegelnds.com

Blaze

Stealthbot switched over to www.valhallalegends.com in the beta stages due to the dos attack I think, and it didn't change back. :-S
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Anubis

Everyone uses Windows, it's the same thing. Don't knock CSB users - you're only insulting the person who actually took the time to make the ocx.

There's nothing wrong with taking the pre-compiled method to do something. Why have two people do the same thing when the first person won't share anything of how they did it? I use what I can get as a tool.

And anyway if you're going to post a reply to a thread, don't flame the person, jeez.

So anyway, I'm assuming CSB is screwed.

Kp

Quote from: Anubis on October 07, 2004, 10:32 AM
Everyone uses Windows, it's the same thing. Don't knock CSB users - you're only insulting the person who actually took the time to make the ocx.
There's nothing wrong with taking the pre-compiled method to do something. Why have two people do the same thing when the first person won't share anything of how they did it? I use what I can get as a tool.
And anyway if you're going to post a reply to a thread, don't flame the person, jeez.
So anyway, I'm assuming CSB is screwed.

Not everyone uses Windows.  I'd expect you would have the sense not to rely on obvious falsehoods.  As for "insulting" the creator, that doesn't track either.  Most Windows users are barely computer literate, but that's the fault of the users who cannot be bothered to learn, not the people who wrote Windows.

CSB users are picked on because, for most of them, they are not using it "as a tool" to save them the effort of reimplementing it.  They use it as a crutch because they cannot reimplement it.  In many cases, they lack even the skill to use it effectively without significant help from the forum, which makes them a nuisance to forumgoers.

[Edit: added second paragraph.]

Soul Taker

Why have two people do the same thing when the first person won't share anything of how they did it?
The BNLS protocol spec isn't enough sharing to figure out how to use it?  ...Seriously?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Soul Taker on October 07, 2004, 11:32 AM
Why have two people do the same thing when the first person won't share anything of how they did it?
The BNLS protocol spec isn't enough sharing to figure out how to use it?  ...Seriously?

It is.  But seriously -- when you compile C++ code, are you recoding every little function in the Standard Library?

Anubis' point that you quote, Soul Taker, is very intelligent.  The rest isn't, as Kp pointed out, but this is fairly obvious, I think.  The point isn't BNLS or CSB as a library/tool, but rather, whether or not code reuse is a good thing.  Most programmers tend to think it is.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Kp

Quote from: MyndFyre on October 07, 2004, 07:00 PMIt is.  But seriously -- when you compile C++ code, are you recoding every little function in the Standard Library?

I have been known to do this on occasion. ;)

Quote from: MyndFyre on October 07, 2004, 07:00 PMThe point isn't BNLS or CSB as a library/tool, but rather, whether or not code reuse is a good thing.  Most programmers tend to think it is.

Reuse is a good thing, but relying on unmaintained black boxes can get you into trouble if they ever malfunction.  Consider CSB's longstanding bug with war3 when the statstrings changed: very few people have the expertise to go fix it, and there's never been a compelling reason to institute such a fix, since it would benefit only the users who cannot operate without CSB.

Blaze

How did this thread get so side-tracked from its main purpose? (Reminder: www.valhallalegeneds.com:9367 Not connecting right)
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Networks

Quote from: Kk)Blaze(kK on October 08, 2004, 05:00 PM
How did this thread get so side-tracked from its main purpose? (Reminder: www.valhallalegeneds.com:9367 Not connecting right)

So use bnls.valhallalegends.com:9367, quit your bitchin.

|