• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Anyone having BNLS weirdness?

Started by MyndFyre, October 03, 2004, 03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

Direction: Sent (BNLS)
Date/Time: Sunday, October 03, 2004 1:50:50 AM
Packet ID: BNLS_RequestVersionByte
0000  07 00 10 02 00 00 00                              .......         

My connection is continually stopping here when I try to log on with Brood War.

Has the BNLS protocol recently changed and no longer supports Brood War?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

titan0060

my bot just stops whenever i try to log onto ANY client!

DeTaiLs

I just tryed login on 2 of my bots with bw and i had no problem with it

Michael

Well, i am no expert but maybe your computers winsock has a virus or is currupted? or something like that? or maybe your computer needs to be restarted?

Kp

Quote from: MyndFyre on October 03, 2004, 03:50 AMDirection: Sent (BNLS)
Date/Time: Sunday, October 03, 2004 1:50:50 AM
Packet ID: BNLS_RequestVersionByte
0000  07 00 10 02 00 00 00                              .......         
My connection is continually stopping here when I try to log on with Brood War.

Has the BNLS protocol recently changed and no longer supports Brood War?

Is this the first message you send or do you exchange several messages successfully before it freezes?  What happens if you request a version byte for some other client?  To what address are you connecting?  Botnet has been unreachable for me for several days, but the connection still seems to "complete" sometimes before it dies.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

shadypalm88

A friend of mine reported that my bot suddenly could no longer connect to BNLS.  I changed the server address from www.valhallalegends.com (which I had switched it to during the BNLS denial-of-service attack) to bnls.valhallalegends.com.  A quick dig shows that the IP addresses of the two are different, though I don't know how long that has been the case.
www.valhallalegends.com. 86400  IN      A       63.161.183.207
bnls.valhallalegends.com. 3600  IN      A       63.161.183.202
Anyway, apparently that fixed the problem.  Not sure if yours is different.

Meh

I have not been able to connect for 3 days. It is highley unlikely all our computers have winsock related viruses :P

Blaze

I have no problem connecting to bnls.valhallalegends.com:9367, but www.valhallalegends.com:9367 seems to be down/not responding.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

Eternal

Quote from: Kk)Blaze(kK on October 03, 2004, 03:39 PM
I have no problem connecting to bnls.valhallalegends.com:9367, but www.valhallalegends.com:9367 seems to be down/not responding.

I can concur with that.
^-----silly Brit
-----------------------------
www.brimd.com

MyndFyre

It works for me again.  It only was not working for me while connecting to US West with Brood War; other clients and servers worked fine.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Networks

I have trouble with WAR3, I keep getting a bad password (or whatever it is) (0x52: 0x02)

LordNevar

Use the servers to connect to BNLS.
Name    : bnls.valhallalegends.com   (.COM | US Commercial)
Address : 63.161.183.202

These do not route anymore.
Name    : www.valhallalegends.com    (.COM | US Commercial)
Address : 63.161.183.207

I would suggest adding an option to select or input then BNLS server into your bot instead of adding it automatically.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Networks on October 04, 2004, 02:45 PM
I have trouble with WAR3, I keep getting a bad password (or whatever it is) (0x52: 0x02)

Aren't the login packets 0x53 and 0x54?

0x52 is to create an account.

UserLoser.

Networks

Quote from: MyndFyre on October 04, 2004, 06:03 PM
Quote from: Networks on October 04, 2004, 02:45 PM

Aren't the login packets 0x53 and 0x54?

0x52 is to create an account.

Probably 0x54..? I was at school, so I was just guessing. (NOT WAR3 HASHED IT IS GOING THROUGH BNLS (for those of you who have Suspicion))

Userloser.. it is..