• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

To those using NLS.dll:

Started by Adron, September 19, 2004, 04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adron

Quote from: iago on September 18, 2004, 04:24 PM
Quote from: Laff on September 18, 2004, 12:41 PM
i'm trying to port the java into c++ but i'm running into trouble with finding the equivalent way to do messagedigest.update.  i'm looking into the classes right now.  if anyone can help, i'd appreciate it.

It's standard SHA-1.

Look at this: It's an example of someone using code that has actually been released instead of using stolen code. It gets you help from the author, and a good reputation on the forum.

NetNX

Adron, im not going to lie... i couldnt even if i wanted too my java and c++ skills are minimal i will continue using NLS.dll as im sure others will until a better alternitive is released to the public

BaDDBLooD

Except that NLS.DLL isn't public

EDIT: isn't that why BNLS is there?
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

iago

What I'm hearing is, "I'm too lazy to learn, so I'd rather cheat".

And good job, Adron :D
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

MyndFyre

Quote from: NetNX on September 19, 2004, 10:25 AM
Adron, im not going to lie... i couldnt even if i wanted too my java and c++ skills are minimal i will continue using NLS.dll as im sure others will until a better alternitive is released to the public

Very well.  Don't expect much help from us.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Warrior

Jeez you spammed the entire forums with your questions  regarding NLS.dll I suggest we put them in a cute little bundle and send them straight to the trash can where it belongs.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Laff

yeh well i don't like using stolen code, which is why i'm attempting to adapt other public code.  i've never heard of nls.dll, and don't want to use bnls, and would like to have standalone code over someone else's library anyway.  if i get it to work, i'll gladly post it giving the REAL authors (not me) their due.

Warrior

Not you. I commend you. The other fool using NLS.dll
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Laff

oh i was directing that to adron for the original post.  i also hate when people rather take the easy shortcut than actually learn something.  go figure that if he ever releases his bot that he will give the original authors of that stolen library their props.

hismajesty

Quote from: NetNX on September 19, 2004, 10:25 AM

That's no excuse, when I had hardly any knowledge of C-style syntax'd languages (minus PHP) I was still able to port bnetauth.dll to Visual Basic in a couple of days. iago's Warcraft III Java code would probably be a bit more difficult, but I'm sure if you have any general programming syntax knowledge, and an internet browser that can access google, you'll be fine. I think the whole thing is you're just too lazy and would rather it be done for you.

iago

Laff: The difference is that, if you're using my Java code, you're using code that I intentionally and knowingly released into public domain with the permission of all appropriate people (the people who originally wrote the C code and helped me reverse it gave me permission to port the C to Java).  I think that's perfectly fine, it's why I work in OpenSource, because I like people being helped.

Minux

Quote from: iago on September 19, 2004, 07:48 PM
Laff: The difference is that, if you're using my Java code, you're using code that I intentionally and knowingly released into public domain with the permission of all appropriate people (the people who originally wrote the C code and helped me reverse it gave me permission to port the C to Java).  I think that's perfectly fine, it's why I work in OpenSource, because I like people being helped.

I love the open source SRP Java code, in fact I have learned a great deal from it. If you bother to learn, it makes a huge difference. iago hasn't been given enough credit for doing this and being so kind about it.

iago

Quote from: Minus on September 19, 2004, 09:57 PM
Quote from: iago on September 19, 2004, 07:48 PM

I love the open source SRP Java code, in fact I have learned a great deal from it. If you bother to learn, it makes a huge difference. iago hasn't been given enough credit for doing this and being so kind about it.

<3

Actually, if you read up on RSA and other Private Key Cryptography, you'll see a lot of similarities to SRP.

tA-Kane

I looked at the source code briefly when it was first leaked. The biggest thing I learned is that I need to find out how to use BigInteger, and find out if there's an equivalent on the Mac side, or if not, figure out how to write my own.

I'm sure it's not hard... I just don't have the time for it at the moment.
Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

K

Quote from: tA-Kane on September 20, 2004, 03:10 PM
I looked at the source code briefly when it was first leaked. The biggest thing I learned is that I need to find out how to use BigInteger, and find out if there's an equivalent on the Mac side, or if not, figure out how to write my own.

I'm sure it's not hard... I just don't have the time for it at the moment.

There are several cross platform open source implementations you could use; specifically, MAPM and GMP

Or you could write your own.  I started writing one a while back and just now got around to finishing it it off.  My division algorithm is rather slow though.