• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

To those using NLS.dll:

Started by Adron, September 19, 2004, 04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

Quote from: bethra on September 21, 2004, 06:00 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on September 21, 2004, 05:31 PM
Quoteand also, what is the easier way, logging on with SHA-1 or WC3?

I don't think SHA-1 is a game client. :P

well it represents a group of clients... the way they logon... I think.

But they (SHA-1 and WC3) are not mutually-exclusive.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Banana fanna fo fanna

do they use srp without any modification?

Michael

WEll, i would say choose the method that best suits your level of programing.

Minux

Quote from: -MichaeL- on September 20, 2004, 09:31 PM
Wow, I have been gone awhile been very busy with school and stuff come back to see there is a new .dll? What does it do? i have read up some on the forums and gather:
1. something to do with warcraft 3.
2. was stolen.
3. some moron now uses it.
4. it is used in bnls?

Not sure so please inform me so i can be up to date with current events

Simply hashes Warcraft III for you, but it was stolen and out of respect for the people who spent so much time working on it you shouldn't use it. For example iago did alot of reversing, and although he thinks in ASM, I am sure it was boring as hell.

iago

Quote from: $t0rm on September 21, 2004, 07:52 PM
do they use srp without any modification?

No, they made a couple small changes (mistakes?) in their implementation.  It's very close, though.  
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

iago

Quote from: Minus on September 22, 2004, 10:39 AM
Quote from: -MichaeL- on September 20, 2004, 09:31 PM
Wow, I have been gone awhile been very busy with school and stuff come back to see there is a new .dll? What does it do? i have read up some on the forums and gather:
1. something to do with warcraft 3.
2. was stolen.
3. some moron now uses it.
4. it is used in bnls?

Not sure so please inform me so i can be up to date with current events

Simply hashes Warcraft III for you, but it was stolen and out of respect for the people who spent so much time working on it you shouldn't use it. For example iago did alot of reversing, and although he thinks in ASM, I am sure it was boring as hell.

It wasn't boring, it was fun.  I did the reversing, then didn't even bother putting the code into my bot for a couple months, because I didn't reallyc are about logging on with war3, I just wanted the fun of reversing it :)

Michael

so basicly nls.dll is everything you need to make a bot load war3? also isnt there some way you can umm get justice for them stealing your hard work. it would piss me off greatly if someone stole my work before it was even released. but if i released it public i guess i would have to put up with that becuase dont make it public if you don't want people useing your codes.

iago

Quote from: -MichaeL- on September 22, 2004, 03:16 PM
so basicly nls.dll is everything you need to make a bot load war3? also isnt there some way you can umm get justice for them stealing your hard work. it would piss me off greatly if someone stole my work before it was even released. but if i released it public i guess i would have to put up with that becuase dont make it public if you don't want people useing your codes.

Suggestions?  Somebody got Bsd to DDoS his site for a couple hours, but that didn't change anything.

There's nothing we can do except not help people who can't use it.  If somebody wants to use my Java version, I'll help them with it.  If they're trying to convert the Java version to another language, I'll help them.  But if they're using the stolen version, I'm not going to help them.

Michael

thats cool, iago i was woundering if you had any spare time to help me learn java :(

Tuberload

Quote from: -MichaeL- on September 22, 2004, 05:32 PM
thats cool, iago i was woundering if you had any spare time to help me learn java :(

If you read my reply to your question in the Java forum, you should be well on your way to learning the language.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Blaze

By stealing the dll, people have sunk to a new low. By using the dll, the people deserve to be shot.
Mitosis: Haha, Im great arent I!
hismajesty[yL]: No

MyndFyre

Quote from: Kk)Blaze(kK on September 22, 2004, 08:02 PM
By stealing the dll, people have sunk to a new low. By using the dll, the people deserve to be shot.

I wouldn't exactly say "new".

The authors expected to release the source to NLS.dll at some point or another.  iago. has done so in a manner of speaking by providing it in Java form.

They were not planning on charging for its use, either.

Tell me, Blaze, do you have any pirated software on your computer whatsoever, that you did not pay to license?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

iago

I don't!!

Well, not on Linux anyway.  

BaDDBLooD

iago has some uh... "stuff" on his FTP ^_^
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

|