• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Funny Clips from Channel Op [vL]

Started by Invert, December 27, 2002, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Grok

Since there is apparently nowhere else to put these, this thread has been created.

iago

If nobody pirated software, it would probably be a lot cheaper.  Or would it? Thoughts?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hazard

[9:52:21 PM] <[303]-Ally> listen my uncle made battle.net
[9:52:24 PM] <[303]-Ally> do u wanna die?

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

MyndFyre

Quote from: iago on August 09, 2004, 11:51 AM
If nobody pirated software, it would probably be a lot cheaper.  Or would it? Thoughts?

Maybe we'll split a topic from a split topic?  :P

Generally, I doubt it.  Someone made a good point to me recently that big businesses is really the target audience for software, and that a few people pirating software isn't as big a deal as the hype would suggest.

Still, I'm a bit proponent of using legit software...  especially since I can still get the student editions for a significantly lower price ;)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Falcon[anti-yL]

[12:31:51 PM] <Mountain_king[fwx]>: my uncle works for blizzard, he'll steal and ban ur cdkey bitch

Grok

Quote from: Myndfyre on August 09, 2004, 12:26 PM
Generally, I doubt it.  Someone made a good point to me recently that big businesses is really the target audience for software, and that a few people pirating software isn't as big a deal as the hype would suggest.

#1 - Studies have shown that most unlicensed copies of software (other than MS-Windows and MS-Office) sit on hard drives, CDRs, floppies, gathering dust.  People just collect it and say they have it, but do not actually use it, for the most part.  Unfortunately I do not have a reference from which I can quote, but think I read this in a PC Week magazine a few years back.

#2 - My target audience is people who have money.  I don't care whether they are big business or small business, if they talk greenbacks, and walk greenbacks, they are my targets!

That said, and a little tangental, small customers generate as much tech support traffic as large customers, so it is less expensive to have larger customers.  This means if I sell one app to a 2500 user company, and the same app to a 50 user company, both companies will ask me the same total number of support questions in the same timeframe.

Maddox

asdf.

hismajesty

[10:20:27 PM] «wasgij[vL]» "So there I was.. balls deep in a fat bitch.. and she was loving every minute of it.."

MyndFyre

[2:45:58 PM] <iCe> Omg
[2:46:04 PM]
<iCe> Because I'm getting my new server
[2:46:11 PM]
<iCe> My parents want me to buy a domain for it
[2:46:26 PM]
<iCe> And they want me to buy it in all .*** formats
[2:46:33 PM]
<iCe> For I'm buying 6 new domain names
[2:46:33 PM]
<iCe> ;[
[2:46:43 PM]
<iCe> Wow
[2:46:48 PM]
<iCe> Tough crowd.
[2:46:54 PM]
iCe was banned by [vL].

[3:16:01 PM] <Yahnick[xL]> Kp there ?
[3:16:08 PM]
<[vL]Kp> Yes.
[3:16:19 PM]
<MyndFyre> hi Kp :)
[3:16:32 PM]
<[vL]Kp> Hello.
[3:16:54 PM]
<Yahnick[xL]> Nevermind, i figured it out
[3:16:59 PM]
<Yahnick[xL]> :P
[3:17:13 PM]
<[vL]Kp> Who are you?
[3:19:45 PM]
Yahnick[xL] was kicked out of the channel by [vL] (unresponsive).
[3:19:45 PM] -- Yahnick[xL] has left the channel.
[3:19:52 PM] -- Yahnick[xL] [140ms] has joined the channel using Starcraft (0 wins).
[3:21:31 PM] <MyndFyre> so Yahnick, to clarify for Kp, who are you?
[3:22:01 PM]
<MyndFyre> because I guarantee the next time he won't be so kind as to only kick you.  It doesn't take much time hanging out in here to know that.
[3:22:01 PM]
<Yahnick[xL]> Sorry, i was doing something, im Deca
[3:22:15 PM]
<MyndFyre> really?  aren't you banned from vL?
[3:22:17 PM]
-- wasgij[vL] [31ms] has joined the channel using Starcraft (0 wins).
[3:22:35 PM] <Yahnick[xL]> Are you in vL yet ?
[3:22:53 PM]
<MyndFyre> Am I wearing a vL tag?
[3:23:59 PM]
Yahnick[xL] was banned by [vL] (defying Autoban).
[3:23:59 PM] -- Yahnick[xL] has left the channel.
[3:24:08 PM] <[vL]Kp> yes, he is banned. :p
[3:24:23 PM]
<From Yahnick[xL]> Ohh, i was just wondering, becasue i thoguht i saw Trust say that you made it in
[3:24:32 PM] <To Yahnick[xL]> to e1 :-P
[3:24:38 PM] <MyndFyre> heh.  thought so.
[3:24:45 PM]
<From Yahnick[xL]> =/
[3:25:02 PM] -- wasgij[vL] has left the channel.
[3:25:24 PM] <From Yahnick[xL]> why do you persist on getting me banned in there
[3:25:42 PM] <To Yahnick[xL]> I didn't get you banned.  You got you banned.  I just asked.
[3:26:33 PM] <From Yahnick[xL]> But you already knew that i was autobanned
[3:26:57 PM] <To Yahnick[xL]> No I did not.  You could have been un-shitlisted
[3:28:09 PM] <From Yahnick[xL]> Oh, ok
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

hismajesty

[9:53:26 PM] Scout has joined the channel using Starcraft: Broodwar with a ping of 0 and flags of 0.
[9:54:02 PM] «Scout» I was wondering if you minded if I made a copy of BnetDocs and hosted them on my site, of course being obvious where they came from and what not.
[9:54:14 PM]
«[vL]Kp» Why copy it at all then?
[9:54:25 PM]
«Scout» because at times bnetdocs are down, when I need them
[9:54:41 PM]
«Scout» I just figured the public would like that too, but I wont if you don't want me to.
[9:55:51 PM]
«hismajesty.» They can use open bnetdocs then...
[9:56:05 PM]
«[vL]Kp» open bnetdocs?
[9:56:07 PM]
«Scout» open bnetdocs..?
[9:56:12 PM]
«hismajesty.» Camels wiki
[9:56:22 PM]
«Spht[vL]» Open bnetdocs??!!
[9:56:42 PM]
«[vL]Kp» yes, probably stole all bnetdocs info and is likely not contributing anything in return
[9:57:10 PM]
«hismajesty.» http://camel.clanbnu.net:443/wiki/
[9:57:17 PM]
«Scout» bnu
[9:57:18 PM]
hismajesty. was banned by [vL].

He banned me for answering his question, now that's funny... :P

Banana fanna fo fanna

vL hates open bnetdocs because it challenges their monopoly and it is a far superior product for the average joe.

Grok

Quote from: $t0rm on August 11, 2004, 09:25 PM
vL hates open bnetdocs because it challenges their monopoly and it is a far superior product for the average joe.

Who is this 'vL' you speak of, and what monopoly?  Individual members do their individual products.  Since several different people are doing these things, there is no monopoly.

MyndFyre

[9:46:24 PM] <$t0rm> still there?
[9:46:29 PM]
<$t0rm> nope
[9:46:29 PM]
<MyndFyre> Yes ma'am
[9:46:32 PM]
<$t0rm> oh yup
[9:46:37 PM]
<$t0rm> didnt see you on channel list
[9:46:46 PM]
<$t0rm> not too much...doing a crappy php website for someone
[9:46:47 PM]
<MyndFyre> 6th from bottom
[9:46:54 PM]
<$t0rm> 3rd from top here
[9:47:04 PM]
-- Lima [31ms] has joined the channel using Starcraft Brood War (7 wins).
[9:47:07 PM] $t0rm was kicked out of the channel by [vL] (can fix that...).

Twitch

omfg !!  LMAO !!

this is the funniest shit i have ever read in my life.

Damn guys, Jokes.com aint got shit on you.

Invert

You know, some of these newer posts are totally lame, not funny at all.

If you go back to the very beginning and read some of the old posts you will realize that these new ones are not that funny.

|