• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Orwellian-Style Logic?

Started by Negotiable, August 03, 2004, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

Quote from: muert0 on August 07, 2004, 06:14 PM
Who owns Israeli Media Watch? Don't you think an outside source like BBC would be less biased?
Israeli media watch is a (I guess cabinet level or equivilent) department and part of the israeli government. They follow very closely the media of their country and the media of surrounding countries. The are not a news organization, they are more like an itelligence agency. This is what they see going on. This guy does not really have an agenda to inject, and this stream is not exactly from a site where tons of people world wide are going to see him talking. Though I think it would be sobering for a lot of people to see what the other side is doing. That is because israel is constantly being bashed.

I do not think BBC would be less biased. I think BBC would be as biased as anything else. Fox news is biased, cnn is biased, nbc is biased, its all biased. The closest news to moderate is school news (channel one) because they have a bias, but its alternating, one day the spin is a little left, the next its a little right. But I fail to see any news stations get that close. I prefer online news for that reason. I can hit up several different sites and read a few different things. One of my favorites is www.worldnetdaily.com <-- i know it has its own spin but I still like them better then many others.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Adron

Quote from: peofeoknight on August 07, 2004, 05:44 PM
Oh please Adron "This video is biased".  ::)
Give me a break, like the bbc isn't biased? Like cnn is not  biased? No news is going to be un biased so quit complaining about every freaken source I post as being biased, because it gets a bit annoying, because all of your source are just as bad, but the spin is in the other direction.

I actually look for sources that won't be obviously strongly biased. When looking for a reference for the number of kills, I went through dozens of sources before I found Amnesty International. CNN and BBC are more well known sources - you have a feel for how badly biased they are. This religious site is an unknown card to me, and I never trust religion. Religion is at the root of the evil in this whole conflict. If it weren't for religion, there'd be no trouble.

This guy they interviewed is from the israely media watch, which is a department in the israely government. That is part of their intelligence right there. There really are music videos like that airing on palestinian television, and soccer tournaments like that named after bombers over there. I have seen other sources in the past that say such things too. So yes I do trust this video.

I don't doubt the music videos and soccer tournaments. That's common, understandable, good stuff. Just like "Where the wild roses grow", a song about a woman who's murdered, skull crushed with a rock. Or all the rap songs about how one gang is going to take another down. Songs will be sung about what people want to hear - if they want to hear death romantic songs about how the Palestinians will conquer the world, of course that's what they'll get.

What I'm curious about is how bad it really is - like I said, if it's once in a year or 18 times in a week. There is some difference. I'm sure you could pick up 18 calls to kill jews if you looked through everything that was written in Sweden for a year. Or to evade taxes.

Adron how do you know they were killed by israely fire? Palestinian people have killed their own and blamed it on Israely forces in the past. The Israely military says they saw no one get hit (in reguard to the old woman).

Well, I don't know for sure. I suppose there should be a murder investigation going on right now, and that should eventually tell exactly what happened? Oh wait. This isn't a normal country with a normal legal system. This is Israel firing randomly at civilians and not seeing anyone getting hit.

Honestly, I find it much much more likely that the old woman was killed by the Israeli, than that the Palestinians killed her just so they could make news headlines. The Israeli say they fired into the district as a deterrant. That sounds to me like anyone could get hit, either directly or by a ricochet. That sounds to me like criminal disregard for people's lives, if it happened in America. It sounds like something the Israeli wouldn't want the Palestinians doing.

quasi-modo

Well in that video you saw that palistinian kid who was labled as being killed be israeli forces. But then after a maccive investigation it was deemed that it was not israeli forces but palestinians. They killed the kid (maybe not intentionally) and then said it was the israeli kids. Palestinians have been known to run in front of israeli tanks, or into fire fights. Then the israelies are portraid as murderers. But those people are committing suicide. Just because the stream has a religiou authority talking in it and is from a religious site does not change the content of the video or what that guy from the israely media watch is saying. He is not affiliated with Zola Levitt in any way. This video came out of the signs of the end seriese and Zola is just talking about modern events (mainly in the holy land) and then he does a recap and explains how they relate to the bible and revelation. He is trying to show accuratly what is going on in Israel today.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Adron

Quote from: peofeoknight on August 07, 2004, 07:19 PM
Well in that video you saw that palistinian kid who was labled as being killed be israeli forces. But then after a maccive investigation it was deemed that it was not israeli forces but palestinians. They killed the kid (maybe not intentionally) and then said it was the israeli kids. Palestinians have been known to run in front of israeli tanks, or into fire fights. Then the israelies are portraid as murderers. But those people are committing suicide. Just because the stream has a religiou authority talking in it and is from a religious site does not change the content of the video or what that guy from the israely media watch is saying. He is not affiliated with Zola Levitt in any way. This video came out of the signs of the end seriese and Zola is just talking about modern events (mainly in the holy land) and then he does a recap and explains how they relate to the bible and revelation. He is trying to show accuratly what is going on in Israel today.

What I'm saying is that you have a one single example of a kid actually getting killed by Palestinians and it being claimed that it was Israelis doing it. I see no reason to believe it's the rule. More likely to be the exception. In the case with the old lady, the Israelis didn't see anything? Didn't see any Palestinians shooting? If the only people firing guns in this firefight were Israeli, I find it likely that she was killed by a jew.

Furthermore, what you have is one Zola Levitt who claims only christian news are properly biased. He has worked with one Israeli intelligence agent (you know that part of what intelligence services do is spread desinformation to further their cause?) in producing this video, with a unique message.

And then, you have this case about Palestinian kids getting killed because they run in front of tanks - sure, maybe that's a few of the 600 kills, but jews are still murdering way more than palestinians. You should also consider the number of jews being killed as they build houses on other people's lands (those getting blown to bits there should count as kids running in front of a tank, going where they don't belong)

quasi-modo

Jews building hoses where they do not belong? What are you talking about? The jews are not killing blowing up eachothers houses.

Zola is not saying that his news is the only unbiased news. He was saying that you will not find this being reported to other news networks. The fact is they do not care and do not deam it news worthy because crap like this is an every day affair over in the middle east. No the job of an intelligence agency is not to spread misinformation, its to gain information, or are you just being synical because we have had some bad intelligence in our country?'

Who started the blood shed between the palestinian's and jews?
WAR EAGLE!

muert0

To lazy for slackware.

quasi-modo

Quote from: muert0 on August 07, 2004, 09:34 PM
http://www.palestinecampaign.org/pdf/MustafaBarghouti-2.pdf
http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761588322/Arab-Israeli_Conflict.html
http://encarta.msn.com/media_701507222/Israel_Historical_Dates.html

QuoteNo the job of an intelligence agency is not to spread misinformation, its to gain information, or are you just being synical because we have had some bad intelligence in our country?
http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?eu=22422&tocid=0&query=cia&ct=
http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=counterintelligence

This is not the department of misinformation, it is the media watch. The purpose of this agency is to find out what is going around in and around israel from the media.

My point witht he who started this remark was to show that the jews did not go out and start killing arabs. Israel was created after world war two by the brits. But it is not like the arabs there were evicted. There is still a very large Arab population within israel. The Arabs there just did not want to share with the jews.
WAR EAGLE!

muert0

QuoteThis is not the department of misinformation, it is the media watch. The purpose of this agency is to find out what is going around in and around israel from the media.

My point witht he who started this remark was to show that the jews did not go out and start killing arabs. Israel was created after world war two by the brits. But it is not like the arabs there were evicted. There is still a very large Arab population within israel. The Arabs there just did not want to share with the jews.

And report the information back in who's favor?

And what is your point? It seems you are trying to say the israeli army is innocent when they in fact are the occupying army holding down a group of citizens only armed with rocks and whatever they can make out of household chemicals or buy on the black market.
To lazy for slackware.

quasi-modo

Quote from: muert0 on August 07, 2004, 09:59 PM
QuoteThis is not the department of misinformation, it is the media watch. The purpose of this agency is to find out what is going around in and around israel from the media.

And report the information back in who's favor?

And what is your point? It seems you are trying to say the israeli army is innocent when they in fact are the occupying army holding down a group of citizens only armed with rocks and whatever they can make out of household chemicals or buy on the black market.
Thats what the world media would say wouldn't it? But the israeli army would not even be there if the people around them were civil to them. But when Egypt, Syria, and others invade them they kind of need force don't they? Okay lets just diasarm Israel, then we will see how long their citizens survive. The Muslims want the jews dead. The jews are hated. This hate goes back to the time of abraham. It is not about oh a jew killed a palestinian kid. The palestinians use that as propoganda, but that is not why they hate the jews. That is not why the egyptians hate the jews. That is not why the people in syria, iraq, iran, and lebanon hate the jews.
WAR EAGLE!

Adron

Quote from: peofeoknight on August 07, 2004, 09:16 PM
Jews building hoses where they do not belong? What are you talking about? The jews are not killing blowing up eachothers houses.

What I'm talking about is one of the most disputed things that the jews are doing: Building settlements on the occupied land. Doing that is picking a fight, similar to throwing rocks at a tank.

Adron

A side-track: I think the main fault here was founding Israel. Moving a bunch of jews down right next to their religious enemies was a really stupid thing to do. They should've been given some land somewhere far away from the muslims. Just becoming US citizens and settling down somewhere in the US could've worked?

quasi-modo

Quote from: Adron on August 08, 2004, 06:30 PM
A side-track: I think the main fault here was founding Israel. Moving a bunch of jews down right next to their religious enemies was a really stupid thing to do. They should've been given some land somewhere far away from the muslims. Just becoming US citizens and settling down somewhere in the US could've worked?
Well everyone feels that that land is their holy land and that it is their right to be there. Especially the temple mount. That was the sight of the tabernacle, but it is also now the sight of that temple to the moon (I think that is what it is) and it is the third holiest place in islam. The reason Israel became its own state though was because it was a punishment of the ottoman empire after WW2 and because no one really wanted to jews (so they figured give them their own little place).

But the palestinians act like they are being yanked from their place and that now they have no place to go, and like their country was taken from them, but the reality was that that was just a  part of syria... there was never a country named palestine. They were not forced to leave either, I mean the Arab population in Israel is huge, they are still there. So that is not what this whole situation is about.
WAR EAGLE!

Adron

Quote from: peofeoknight on August 08, 2004, 06:57 PM
Well everyone feels that that land is their holy land and that it is their right to be there. Especially the temple mount. That was the sight of the tabernacle, but it is also now the sight of that temple to the moon (I think that is what it is) and it is the third holiest place in islam. The reason Israel became its own state though was because it was a punishment of the ottoman empire after WW2 and because no one really wanted to jews (so they figured give them their own little place).

Yeah, they all feel it's their holy land, so should've let the muslims keep it and save the trouble.

Quote from: peofeoknight on August 08, 2004, 06:57 PMBut the palestinians act like they are being yanked from their place and that now they have no place to go, and like their country was taken from them, but the reality was that that was just a  part of syria... there was never a country named palestine. They were not forced to leave either, I mean the Arab population in Israel is huge, they are still there. So that is not what this whole situation is about.

Well, anyone born there right now should feel that way. And those born there right now might want to grow up realizing they don't have a place in life other than blowing up something. And you can't say that Israel isn't sabotaging their lives.

|