• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Orwellian-Style Logic?

Started by Negotiable, August 03, 2004, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 04, 2004, 12:58 PM
Quote from: peofeoknight on August 03, 2004, 02:28 PM
I think it has a lot to do with Islam as a whole.

Explain?
http://www.contenderministries.org/islam/interview.php
"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate"
Sovereignity (66) #9

"Unbelievers are those that say: 'God is the Messiah, the son of Mary.' For the Messiah himself said: 'Children of Israel, serve God, my Lord and your Lord.' He that worships other deities besides God, God will deny him Paradise, and the Fire shall be his home. None shall help the evil-doers. Unbelievers are those that say: 'God is one of three.' There is but one God. If they do not desist from so saying, those of them that disbelieve shall be sternly punished." The Table #71-

"When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly. Then grant them their freedom or take a ransom from them, until War has laid down her burdens."
Muhammad (47) #4

"When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful." Repentance (9) #5.

"Fight against those to whom the Scriptures were given as believe in neither God nor the Last Day, who do not forbid what God and his apostle have forbidden, and do not embrace the true Faith, until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." Repentance (9) #28

"Therefore do not falter or sue [or call] for peace when you have gained the upper hand" Mohammad (47) #34

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme" The Spoils 8:~40

"God revealed his will to the angels, saying: 'I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers!'

"This is because they defied God and His apostle. He that defies God and His apostle shall be sternly punished by God." The Spoils 6 8:12-
I have seen videos and read articles about muslims (palestinians in particular) being brought up to hate jews, amerca (because we are a friend to the jews) and christians. I realize not every muslim is going to blow buildings up. But there is still a problem.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Arta

And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live.  Exodus 1:16

And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.  Exodus 22:24

I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy. Deuteronomy 32:42

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.  And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name. Exodus 15:3

And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them Jeremiah 13:14

Isn't quoting scripture out of context fun?

The muslims to which you refer are extremists. They are no more representative of islam than christian terrorists who shoot abortion doctors are of christianity.

iago

Why ARE we friends with jews?  I could do without people like Yoni.  

(kidding, of course)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

quasi-modo

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 04, 2004, 02:51 PM

Isn't quoting scripture out of context fun?

The muslims to which you refer are extremists. They are no more representative of islam than christian terrorists who shoot abortion doctors are of christianity.
You asked me for something to show you why I feel this way. I can't exactly post the whole koran. Those are some of the problematic verses.

No, the muslims to which I refer are not extremists, they are fundamentalists. They are the ones who actually follow through with the teachings. They are the conservative muslims. I will post a link to some videos if you would like to see why I think there is a real problem. It is all about palestinian kids being brought up to hate jews.
http://www.levitt.tv/media/links/ZLV-352.ram sorry its in ram format.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

muert0

I doubt you know any muslims so how do you know which ones are extremists.
To lazy for slackware.

quasi-modo

Quote from: muert0 on August 05, 2004, 01:19 AM
I doubt you know any muslims so how do you know which ones are extremists.
I know plenty who go to my school. But to call someone who follows the teachings of the koran conservatively an extremist is to mislable them. Please watch the video I posted above.
WAR EAGLE!

Adron

Quote from: peofeoknight on August 05, 2004, 12:51 AM
No, the muslims to which I refer are not extremists, they are fundamentalists. They are the ones who actually follow through with the teachings. They are the conservative muslims. I will post a link to some videos if you would like to see why I think there is a real problem. It is all about palestinian kids being brought up to hate jews.

Palestinian kids have great reason to hate jews. Jews kill them and the people they look up to. If anything, jews are dangerous to muslims.

Look at northern ireland or the crusaders for two examples of christian hate. Religion is a dangerous thing.

cefx-

The western media has glorified Osama bin Laden ever since 9/11.

It is also asserted that were Osama to be captured or killed -- in battle or otherwise -- it would be widely televised and there would be mucho coverage on the media.

He's having the exact effect on the american people/media that he expected.

They have to kill his name before they can kill him.
But they're not doing that.
At all.
cefx
Technodev.org (future project) / UnixPartisan.org
Future dictator

Banana fanna fo fanna

Because, simply, Islam has not had a reformation. If anyone noticed, Christianity was a terrorist religion until the Reformation came along. At this point, they were no longer blindly accepting what the clergy told them. In Islam, this is still happening.

quasi-modo

Quote from: $t0rm on August 05, 2004, 09:58 AM
Because, simply, Islam has not had a reformation. If anyone noticed, Christianity was a terrorist religion until the Reformation came along. At this point, they were no longer blindly accepting what the clergy told them. In Islam, this is still happening.
The catholics were going off and slaying people for cash, that is what motivated the guys in the vatican. I do not see any reformation in sight for islam though. I owuld not call christianity at that time a 'terrorist religion' (I would not call islam that either), but I would say the catholic church was braininwashing its followers and corrupting some of the religion. No offence to any catholics... but its history.
WAR EAGLE!

quasi-modo

Quote from: Adron on August 05, 2004, 05:59 AM
Quote from: peofeoknight on August 05, 2004, 12:51 AM

Palestinian kids have great reason to hate jews. Jews kill them and the people they look up to. If anything, jews are dangerous to muslims.

Look at northern ireland or the crusaders for two examples of christian hate. Religion is a dangerous thing.

LOL. So the jews should just sit back and let the muslims kill them? The muslims got all pissy about the jews being on 'their land' when israel was created. The jews did not start the violence. Palestine was never a country, the media would have you believe that, but before israel was created that land was syria.

Also sure the jews kill the people the palestinian kids look up to because the people the palestinian kids look up to are people who are 'heroic' because they run into fire fights or blow up busses. The palestinian media makes them out to be heros!
WAR EAGLE!

Adron

Quote from: peofeoknight on August 05, 2004, 11:42 AM
LOL. So the jews should just sit back and let the muslims kill them? The muslims got all pissy about the jews being on 'their land' when israel was created. The jews did not start the violence. Palestine was never a country, the media would have you believe that, but before israel was created that land was syria.

Dunno. Should the muslims sit back and let the jews kill them?

Quote from: peofeoknight on August 05, 2004, 11:42 AM
Also sure the jews kill the people the palestinian kids look up to because the people the palestinian kids look up to are people who are 'heroic' because they run into fire fights or blow up busses. The palestinian media makes them out to be heros!

Yes, of course, they are heroes.

Jews kill palestinians and palestinians kill jews. Last I heard, there were more palestinians than jews killed in these fights. Assuming that killing is wrong, jews are most wrong.

quasi-modo

Ah, the jews are not going in the streets and killing palestinians. What news channel do you watch that shows this? The jews go after terrorist leaders, like the leader of humas, when they put a missile through his window. You see that as the jews going after the palestinians? The only time the jews kill civilians are when they run out in front of the tanks to fule palestinian hatred, like in that video that I posted.

What pisses me off is how come a terrorist leader got a Nobel peace award. Arafat was the leader of the PLO, yet his little hand shakes (with fingers crossed behind his back) get him a peace award. Its disgustine.
WAR EAGLE!

Dark-Feanor

Quote from: iago on August 04, 2004, 06:52 PM

(kidding, of course)

Why ARE we friends with canada? I could do without people like iago.
- Feanor[xL]
clan exile
Firebot
iago: "caps lock is like cruise control for cool"

quasi-modo

Quote from: DaRk-FeAnOr on August 06, 2004, 01:21 AM
Quote from: iago on August 04, 2004, 06:52 PM

(kidding, of course)

Why ARE we friends with canada? I could do without people like iago.
lol
WAR EAGLE!

|