• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

My Bot's Latest Release

Started by MyndFyre, June 25, 2004, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

Hey guys...

I've finally posted a new release of my bot.  Alpha 4 -- it is PRE-beta.  It takes up quite a bit of RAM (about 50mb), but it really varies.  I think as it runs the memory reqs go down.  That's been my experience as I've been using it on my computer.

I'd like some suggestions and comments on what isn't working.  I noticed that I'm not responding to two event types (ServerBroadcast and, IIRC, ChannelRestricted).  As it is, though, I believe that things are working generally well, aside from the initial run slowness (.NET compilation) and that stuff.  Before I release Beta 1, I'm going to start running FxCop and Application Center Test before publishing.

If anyone has comments, and it's not too much trouble, bug reports and that could be posted on my forums.  

The website for downloading and all that is http://www.armabot.net/

Thanks all!
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

GoSuGaMING

very nice looking bot from the screen shots!

Warrior

WOW Very Very Nice. One of the best bots ive ever seen. Very nice job.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Falcon[anti-yL]

I like the WAR3 profile view :D

GoSuGaMING

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on June 25, 2004, 10:57 PM
I like the WAR3 profile view :D

yeah that had to take alot of hard work!

Spht

You should write a BinaryChat plugin which adds the Warcraft III profile things so bots which support the BinaryChat plugin API can make use of it.  Shouldn't take long to copy dialog and send/receive handling over, while using Yoni's EmptyPlugin as compile-ready template.

Meh

I gte a problem when i try to run it. "The application failed to initilize properly (0x0000135)". Any help.

CrAz3D

Do you have the .NET framework?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

warz

Not simple enough. I like bots that are bare, and straight forward.

Hitmen

Quote from: warz on June 26, 2004, 10:50 AM
Not simple enough. I like bots that are bare, and straight forward.
And don't eat up twice as much RAM as the starcraft game client :P

Falcon[anti-yL]

Quote from: The-Rabid-Lord on June 26, 2004, 07:48 AM
I gte a problem when i try to run it. "The application failed to initilize properly (0x0000135)". Any help.
http://www.armabot.net/sysreq.aspx

UserLoser.

This topic is in the wrong forum.  This is Battle.net Bot Development, not releases :)

* UserLoser. just had to say that :P

MyndFyre

Quote from: UserLoser. on June 26, 2004, 05:15 PM
This topic is in the wrong forum.  This is Battle.net Bot Development, not releases :)

I checked with Spht first, to make sure it would be allright.

The runtime error is that you need to get the .NET Framework 1.1.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Spht

Quote from: UserLoser. on June 26, 2004, 05:15 PM

As long as the point of thread is to get input to help "develop" the bot, then it's fine.

"Here is my bot, download it" is an advertisement and is not allowed.

Tuberload

Excellent job so far!

I have been interested in learning C# so I think I will start messing around with your plugin system.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown