• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Wierd problems

Started by Mitosis, June 17, 2004, 07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitosis

I don't know what is going on but, my computer keeps popping these messages up in console.

If anyone could explain to me as to what is going on, thanks.

iago

I'm not sure, but you should probably run a virus scan -- http://housecall.trendmicro.com.

Some piece of software running in the background is causing that, probably, it might be something you installed or it might be something that installed itself (if you're using Internet Explorer, there's no telling what can install itself, since any site can run any arbitrary piece of software).
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Mitosis

Oh, thanks. What browser do you reccomend?

Mephisto

Yoni

Mozilla Firefox. (I'm still on 0.8, haven't tried 0.9 yet.)

Falcon[anti-yL]

I recommend firefox, I like 0.8's theme better than 0.9.

Mitosis

Just got FireFox, I'm starting to like it better than IE.

Falcon[anti-yL]

You should get the tab browser extension so every link opens in a tab. ;D
http://www.intraplanar.net/projects/tabprefs/

hismajesty

MyndFyre

Quote from: iago on June 17, 2004, 11:10 AM
(if you're using Internet Explorer, there's no telling what can install itself, since any site can run any arbitrary piece of software).

Only if you're a total dumbass.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mitosis

Quote from: Myndfyre on June 17, 2004, 06:07 PM
(if you're using Internet Explorer, there's no telling what can install itself, since any site can run any arbitrary piece of software).

Must be me :P

Eli_1

Well, my mom just happens to be a total dumbass. Every time she gets off the comp:
1.) o.bat is on the desktop.
2.) o.exe is on the desktop.
3.) a.bat is on the desktop.
4.) a.exe is on the desktop.
5.) My homepage has been changed.
6.) 5 pop-ups come up when I start IE

Which is why I switched to Opera, I don't know if it will change anything, but I'm hoping. :/

Eibro

No, MyndFyre. Obviously nothing has happend to you yet, given that attitude. For the time being, consider yourself lucky.
Eibro of Yeti Lovers.