• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

err..help!

Started by haZe, December 27, 2002, 08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haZe

I know I ask for a lot of help around here, but I'm totally n00b with bots (programming them), and that's  what this forum is here for, right?  ;)

Well, anyways, I'll get down to business. Does anyone have the join/leave code? I need my bot to display joins/leaves. It isn't exactly my bot tho-It's atom's VaporBot and I'm going to improve it =D Well anyways, if anyone has anything tell me plz.

warz

What kind of bot?

haZe

Chat bot. Also, 1 more thing: How can I prevent this from happening? (click link below to see what I'm talking about)
www.gosugamers.com/eek.JPG
When the ops or other ppl rejoin, I still see the old person..*sniff* and 1 more thing: When there's 2 ops, the second one is always at the bottom at the list and not at the top with the rest...How I get my channellist to display how it is, rather than in alphabetical order?

warz

Might I ask what "But anyways does anyone have any source that WORKS (warz, fuck you)? " meant?

haZe

Warz you shouldn't go around posting people's bot source codes without even asking them. :-/ :-/ :-/ :P
No, we don't know eachother.
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THE ORIGINAL QUESTION IN THIS POST!!!!!!

warz

Ever think about looking at the code I posted? I'm sure you can answer most of your own questions by looking at them.

Yoni

haZe

NOO! Yoni I didn't understand a word of that document  :-/
Anyways,How can I prevent this from happening? (click link below to see what I'm talking about)
www.gosugamers.com/eek.JPG
When the ops or other ppl rejoin, I still see the old person..*sniff* and 1 more thing: When there's 2 ops, the second one is always at the bottom at the list and not at the top with the rest...How I get my channellist to display how it is, rather than in alphabetical order? I Guess I'm asking 2 questions: How do I get my ChannelList to refresh when a person leaves (this prob has something to do with join/leave notifications) and How do I stop the users from going in alphabetical order? I want them in the order that they joined in... :-/

erase

yoni he's making a gateway bot.
Haze, you can't get your channel list to update when a user joins/parts?
If that's the case, Vapor bot should have Parse_Join and Parse_Leave subs.

Parse_OnJoin:
Me.RoomList.ListItems.Add username
Parse_OnLeave:
frmmain.ChannelList.ListItems.Remove frmmain.ChannelList.FindItem(username).Index

edit: [ code ] and [ /code ]

haZe

Uhhh...I get a variable not defined error when I do that..username isnt defined =[

warz

uhhh.. i think i'll laugh silently to myself, so i don't shatter any hopes this kid has at learning visual basic.

Grok

Responses of that nature are not helpful.  If you have nothing constructive to contribute to the topic at hand, exercise better judgment and do not post.

No one, including myself, should be deriding another person who is trying to learn.  All of us started from somewhere, and we all learn at different paces.

haZe

WILL SOMEONE PLZ JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!
:'(
:'(
Grok, all the code u give me gives me errors
:-/

Zakath

That's because it's only a snippet - Grok (or anyone else) has no way to know what the names of the variables, objects, and functions you've defined are. Thus, the snippet uses some variable that is meant to be a placeholder for the variable in your program. So, if a code snippet doesn't work because "username" isn't a defined variable, substitute in the variable that you use to hold the username in question!
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

warz

No way. Seriously?