• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

I am New, Hi

Started by AntiVirus, April 26, 2004, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntiVirus

Hi people I am new, My real name is Brandon I speak english and I am starting to program with visual basic .net.  I am not that experienced but I want to learn all of it.  I live in Parkville, Missouri and I am 15 years old.  I attend Park Hill South High School and I am in the 10th grade.  I game on Uswest under the name AntiVirus or AntiVirus]PaiN[.  If you have any questions just ask ^.^;
"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

iago

Welcome! you'll find a great community here, willing to help, as long as you follow our conventions:

1) Google stuff to find your own answers first - don't ask stupid questions.
2) Don't resurrect ancient topics if you have nothing useful to say.
3) Don't be dumb. :)

Dont do that and you'll be fine :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Mitosis

So do you have any hobbies? What are your interest beyond computer technology?

Yoni

Brandon! Do you like sandals?

hismajesty

Quote3) Don't be dumb.

Shouldn't that be the only rule since the other two are inclusive?

iago

Quote from: hismajesty on April 27, 2004, 02:08 PM
Quote3) Don't be dumb.

Shouldn't that be the only rule since the other two are inclusive?

It's best to be safe :)

Falcon[anti-yL]

i prefer askjeeves to google. ;D

AntiVirus

Ya I like sandals ^.^.  And I try not to ask dumb questions but sense I am new at this programming thing you guys may think they are...  And I do have other hobbies.  I like to play soccer, swim, run, play DDR, play x-box, and raise my dogs.  
"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

MyndFyre

Quote from: Brandon on April 27, 2004, 04:35 PM
Ya I like sandals ^.^.  And I try not to ask dumb questions but sense I am new at this programming thing you guys may think they are...  And I do have other hobbies.  I like to play soccer, swim, run, play DDR, play x-box, and raise my dogs.  

Learn the language before making a bot.  As always, good advice. :)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Tuberload

Quote from: Myndfyre on April 27, 2004, 05:10 PM

Learn the language before making a bot.  As always, good advice. :)

I some times wonder if people truly understand that. I also find it funny when people say they know a language, yet can't seem to make a bot... ;)
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

iago

DDR is ewwwww.

AntiVirus

QuoteDDR is ewwwww.
I think its fun ^.^;
- The Rasmus

Mitosis

So do you have Xbox Live? And what games do you play?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Mitosis on April 27, 2004, 06:53 PM

So do you have Xbox Live? And what games do you play?

I'm MyndFyre on Xbox live. :)  I play PGR 2, Unreal Championship, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Splinter Cell: Pandora's Tomorrow.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

AntiVirus

Unfortunatly I do not have x-box live..  But I do want it.
- The Rasmus