• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Graphics Contest!

Started by Mitosis, April 24, 2004, 01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Mitosis

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on June 27, 2004, 07:28 PM
I think it would look better if you moved Mitosis to a corner. Other than that I like it. 8)

Kind of like this?

Falcon[anti-yL]

Tuberload

My latest sig.

Edit: Modified the font to please my critics.  ;)
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Eibro

Eibro of Yeti Lovers.

j0k3r

Looks more like TubeHoad to me.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Tuberload

That is how the font turned out, thank you very much for your input though...  :P
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Tuberload

Well I am starting to work on making planets, star fields, etc...

Here is my first planet:

#2:

j0k3r

Wow, great looking planet, especially for your first.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Tuberload

After some practice I started work on my first space scene. Tell me what you think of it.

Falcon[anti-yL]

I like it except for the rings around the planet, it looks weird somehow. =/

j0k3r

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on July 01, 2004, 01:10 AM
The planet probably looks too large for the rings, you're used to seeing (insert the name of the planet after jupiter, I forget). There are, in fact, large planets with rings.

The ring seems to get thinner near the front, and it looks like there's a few too many stars, but really nice once again. I'd also recommend allowing more light on the planet, otherwise it's 75% black, and sort of dull. At that distance you should still be able to make out some detail on the planet, even if the main source of light isn't shining directly on it (ever see the moon at night through a telescope?).

John Vo

Mitosis

I have been working on this for a couple days. Doing the actual work isn't hard, but planning the layout can get a bit tricky.

[EDITED]

j0k3r

Looks great mitosis, but this is the wrong place. That is a webpage layout, and the only "graphics" I see are behind the words Creative Lite.
John Vo

Mitosis

Layouts are welcome.

iago

Quote from: j0k3r on July 01, 2004, 07:37 AM
Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on July 01, 2004, 01:10 AM
The planet probably looks too large for the rings, you're used to seeing Saturn. There are, in fact, large planets with rings.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

|