• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Inet Help

Started by Networks, April 12, 2004, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Networks

I just would like to know how to use Inet. I'd like to know everything about it or at least enough for me to able to log entries through an application: basically Just exporting to a html file to make tables telling who uses my bot, what channel, time, version etc.

Any sufficient help in making this capable for me would be much appreciated.

Grok

Quote from: Networks on April 12, 2004, 05:52 PM
I just would like to know how to use Inet. I'd like to know everything about it or at least enough for me to able to log entries through an application: basically Just exporting to a html file to make tables telling who uses my bot, what channel, time, version etc.

Any sufficient help in making this capable for me would be much appreciated.

Fair question.  From reading the above, I believe you have already in your possession a bot written in Visual Basic, and you would like to add a feature to it that logs output to a web page, ala Webbot.  Is this correct?

If so, is the bot running on the web server, or are they different PCs?  Your answer will affect the rest of the design.

Networks

No not a webbot, sorry you have misenterpeted but what I was looking to just to log users who use my bot. Outputting it to a Webpage basically stating: the username, home channel, & time for who is using the bot.

Simply want to see who actually uses it and other info but not as a backdoor of any sort.

Tuberload

Quote from: Networks on April 13, 2004, 08:57 AM
No not a webbot, sorry you have misenterpeted but what I was looking to just to log users who use my bot. Outputting it to a Webpage basically stating: the username, home channel, & time for who is using the bot.

Simply want to see who actually uses it and other info but not as a backdoor of any sort.

Both can be done in pretty much the same manner. If I am not mistaken, Grok was asking you a question so that he could help you with your problem.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Grok

Probably a UDP transmit to your listening web server then.  Run a service there to receive the logon packets and record to a disk file as a delimited line item, tabs would be easy.  Then write a web page (ASP, Java, or (eww) PHP) to parse the text file when you want to view the data.

Networks

Is there anything really simple I could do using Inet? Could you help me or show me an example?

Grok

Quote from: Networks on April 13, 2004, 01:26 PM
Is there anything really simple I could do using Inet? Could you help me or show me an example?

What do you mean "using Inet"?  What is Inet in this context?  The Internet?

Eli_1

Quote from: Grok on April 13, 2004, 02:20 PM
Quote from: Networks on April 13, 2004, 01:26 PM

What do you mean "using Inet"?  What is Inet in this context?  The Internet?

I think he means Microsoft's "Internet Transfer Control" (MSINET.OCX).

Networks

CrAz3D

1)Create a php script that logs info to webpage/txt document on a webserver.
2)Execute the phpscript with Inet & send the info you want to log
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Dyndrilliac

Public Declare Function FtpFindFirstFile Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "FtpFindFirstFileA" _
(ByVal hFtpSession As Long, ByVal lpszSearchFile As String, _
     lpFindFileData As WIN32_FIND_DATA, ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwContent As Long) As Long

Public Declare Function FtpGetFile Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "FtpGetFileA" _
(ByVal hFtpSession As Long, ByVal lpszRemoteFile As String, _
     ByVal lpszNewFile As String, ByVal fFailIfExists As Boolean, ByVal dwFlagsAndAttributes As Long, _
     ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwContext As Long) As Boolean

Public Declare Function FtpPutFile Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "FtpPutFileA" _
(ByVal hFtpSession As Long, ByVal lpszLocalFile As String, _
     ByVal lpszRemoteFile As String, _
     ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwContext As Long) As Boolean
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Networks

synth

You could also use ASP.  Now might be a good time to learn one of the two.  It'll serve you well.

Networks

Is there no other way of exporting it to HTML using the msinet.ocx control?

Man I wanted an easy way to do it...Guess not

Maybe I'll just have to learn Php

Grok

Quote from: Networks on April 14, 2004, 01:24 PMMaybe I'll just have to learn

I removed all but the important parts of what you said.