http://www.battlecenter.net/sueing.png
http://www.battlecenter.net/sueing2.png

i scanned these because i got these in today

WTF BULLSHIT well see what blizzard thinks of this
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

tA-Kane

Macintosh programmer and enthusiast.
Battle.net Bot Programming: http://www.bash.org/?240059
I can write programs. Can you right them?

http://www.clan-mac.com
http://www.eve-online.com

Fr0z3N

Not much you can do now but 'cease and desist'

Tuberload

Common sense leads me to the conclusion you are wrong. I would not doubt if Blizzard is aware of this, but that is beside the point. I don't think you quite understand what is going on here. You illegally broke into and stole property of vL. I recommend you do what the letter says right away, for your sake.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Noodlez

From my understanding, Grok left a link on a page which shouldn't have been there, and Denial did nothing but click on it?

Dark-Feanor

"Intellectual Property" unless they had a legally registered copyright, that is not going to hold up in court. Make them litigate!
In two days, unless otherwise persuaded, I will submit the source code of "BNLS" to battle.net. Lets see who gets sued then.
- Feanor[xL]
clan exile
Firebot
iago: "caps lock is like cruise control for cool"

Zakath

You are very incorrect. If they can establish that they were the original authors (which would probably not be incredibly difficult), then that's all they need in court. You seem to not understand copyright law. Registering a patent is not a requirement to hold copyright on something - it is merely a formality which can make it easier to protect one's property.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Archonist

Is battlecenter.net down? Does anyone have these screenshots uploaded anywhere else?

Freakez

denial your owned...
GG
maybe thriller can take over for you

K

Quote from: Noodlez on March 31, 2004, 06:09 PM
From my understanding, Grok left a link on a page which shouldn't have been there, and Denial did nothing but click on it?

Under our current computer crime laws, if the information was supposed to be protected you have indeed commited a crime.  Big senate scandal because some Democrats forgot to password protect their shared folder and republicans were reading party information which they should not have had access to.

Mitosis

Do you think Denial will get a lawyer and try to defend himself, or just listen to what hes told? Even if he did get a lawyer wouldnt his chances be very slim.

Newby

Five letters: O W N E D

Sorry Denial, but maybe you shouldn't have mentioned it?
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Tuberload

Quote from: Mitosis on March 31, 2004, 06:34 PM
Do you think Denial will get a lawyer and try to defend himself, or just listen to what hes told? Even if he did get a lawyer wouldnt his chances be very slim.

They wouldn't even be slim.

Everyone that knows anything about copyright laws knows they are being broken. Not only have copyright laws been broken, Denial illegally broke into and stole vL's property.

Just because all he did was click on a link, does not mean it is not illegal. Let's say he would have scanned the site and found a vulnerability that would have allowed him access by some other means. There is no difference, because they are both unintentional ways of gaining access to protected data, hence illegal.

If you guys really think there is no evidence just take a look at these forums. Denial has admitted numerous times to doing it. Some of you may have noticed that the moderators have not erased these posts. Moderators who I might add have done an excellent job of keeping these forums free of these kinds of illegitimate posts. Now why do you think that is?

Do you really think that vL's BNLS is illegal? Is that why you think it was ok for you to break in and steal their stuff? Why do you think it hasn't gotten shut down yet? I am sure BNLS is just as popular and well known as some of the other programs out there that have received legal notification from Blizzard.

Once again I think you should take this situation a little more seriously, and do what the letter says. Once you get in the system you stay in the system. I don't think you want that happening because you decided to be cool one day.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

MyndFyre

All I have to say is: LMAO!

Quote from: Tuberload on March 31, 2004, 05:53 PM
Common sense leads me to the conclusion you are wrong. I would not doubt if Blizzard is aware of this, but that is beside the point. I don't think you quite understand what is going on here. You illegally broke into and stole property of vL. I recommend you do what the letter says right away, for your sake.
I believe Blizzard tolerates BNLS for two reasons: 1.) it is not abused extensively; while there are many, many bots out there that utilize BNLS, vL 1.) doesn't give out the source code, and 2.) reserves the right to discontinue access for users using BNLS bots.  

Quote from: DaRk-FeAnOr on March 31, 2004, 06:12 PM
"Intellectual Property" unless they had a legally registered copyright, that is not going to hold up in court. Make them litigate!
In two days, unless otherwise persuaded, I will submit the source code of "BNLS" to battle.net. Lets see who gets sued then.
No Feanor, you're wrong; intellectual property is protected by The 1978 Copyright Act of the United States.  

Copyright is the right to prevent others from copying a work of authorship. "Copyright protection subsists . . . in original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression." 17 U.S.C. §102(a) (emphasis added). To be "original" a work must have been independently created by the author (not copied from a previous work) and must exhibit some minimal degree of creativity. A work is "fixed" if it is in a sufficiently permanent, tangible medium from which the work "can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated." Id.

The owner of a copyright enjoys a number of exclusive rights. The Copyright Act enumerates the following:

• The right "to reproduce the copyrighted work."
  • The right "to prepare derivative works based upon the copyrighted work."
  • The right "to distribute copies or phonorecords of the copyrighted work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership."
  • The right "to perform the copyrighted work publicly."
  • The right "to display the copyrighted work publicly."
    17 U.S.C. §106.
Registration
A copyright owner can register his or her copyright in the U.S. Copyright Office at any time during the term of the copyright protection. While copyright protection arises immediately upon the creation and fixation of a copyrightable work (emphasis mine), registration offers a number of benefits (list removed).

http://profs.lp.findlaw.com/infringe/infringe_4.html

Feanor, no, you can't have my C# code for authentication to BNLS since you're being such a jackass.  I would highly recommend that you read and investigate before shooting your mouth off again.

Cheers.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

BaDDBLooD

well i find this pretty funny

[7:08:30 PM] <Wu~En][g(v)a~uW> /whisper yoni[vl] i so want you to sue denial's ass, he is the definition of a immature little prick who's mad at the world cause he got fucked in the ass

There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.