• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Wtf You cant sue me

Started by Denial, March 31, 2004, 05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicious

You don't have any proof that that was him, Kane.  :-\

I hope Denial is punished. Thieves deserve punishment.

Define

Quote from: Zakath on March 31, 2004, 06:17 PM
You are very incorrect. If they can establish that they were the original authors (which would probably not be incredibly difficult), then that's all they need in court. You seem to not understand copyright law. Registering a patent is not a requirement to hold copyright on something - it is merely a formality which can make it easier to protect one's property.

Also I would like to add that If someone is found liable for copyright infringement, federal law provides for civil remedies that may include substantial monetary payment, injunctive relief and liability for attorney's fee incurred in bringing an action. Criminal penalties may be imposed if someone willfully infringes a copyrighted work, even if no profit is derived from the activity. This type of crime is punishable by up to five years imprisonment, up to $250,000 in fines, or both. *MosDef*

In other words Dave. Good luck to you. You just keep yourself praying that Skywing and Yoni drop the charges.

iago

btw ModDef, take a look at the main page :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Define

Quote from: Denial on March 31, 2004, 07:14 PM
Dear To whom this may concern, I have been informed that i can sue you guys for harrassment if this continues i will counter-sue you for harrassment

It's much harder to prove harassment online then it is to prove copyright law infrigement. Plus your little hassment stunt won't work.

OuTLawZGoSu

Can someone put up those pics in jpg format?
I cant see png on the skool comp.

Define

Quote from: iago on April 01, 2004, 10:15 AM
btw MosDef, take a look at the main page :)

Hahaha! That was a great joke. You had me fooled. Nice one guys. Thank you iago.

Freakez

i hate everybody that took part in this
lick me

OuTLawZGoSu

Took some time to come up wit all the logs?

Arsenic

Quote from: Fr0z3N on March 31, 2004, 05:47 PM
Not much you can do now but 'cease and desist'

I thought it was cease to exist.

Vicious

MyndFyre

Quote from: Arsenic on April 01, 2004, 06:28 PM
Quote from: Fr0z3N on March 31, 2004, 05:47 PM
Not much you can do now but 'cease and desist'

I thought it was cease to exist.

Re-reading your cited quote, I understand what you are saying now.  My gut reaction, though, was to reply solely with:

All your base are belong to us!
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

|