• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

The Thread Formerly Known As: Kerry Found...

Started by Hazard, March 02, 2004, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Hazard

Then again, that is a television show and the statistics on that show that such an event is extremely unlikely.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

iago

Quote from: Hazard on March 21, 2004, 08:36 PM
Then again, that is a television show and the statistics on that show that such an event is extremely unlikely.

I could see it happening no problem.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hazard

I can see total nuclear war no problem. Doesn't mean its going to happen nor will it happen often. Look up the statistics on weapons being taken from their owner and used against them, what you see will go against the CSI story.

j0k3r

Quote from: Hazard on March 21, 2004, 09:08 PM
I can see total nuclear war no problem. Doesn't mean its going to happen nor will it happen often. Look up the statistics on weapons being taken from their owner and used against them, what you see will go against the CSI story.
Weapons are alot more common than nuclear weapons, I'm sure if everyone could get their hands on nuclear weapons we'd all be dead.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Hazard

If everyone could get their hands on guns we'd all be dead too.

iago

That's true, guess what?  Your government is trying to disarm nukes from the rest of the world.  The reasons there doing it, I may not agree with, but they ARE trying to do it.  Sounds hypocritical?

Grok

Is it not ironic that the United States thinks we are the only ones to be trusted with Nukes, while at the same time, we're the only one to have ever used them on a population?

Adron

Quote from: Grok on March 21, 2004, 09:34 PM
Is it not ironic that the United States thinks we are the only ones to be trusted with Nukes, while at the same time, we're the only one to have ever used them on a population?

Yes.

j0k3r

Quote from: Hazard on March 21, 2004, 09:20 PM
If everyone could get their hands on guns we'd all be dead too.
Everyone CAN get their hands on a gun, legal or otherwise. I was pointing out that you can't compare nuclear arms to fire arms.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Hazard

Not everyone can get their hands on guns, getting them illegally can be quite expensive.

It is ironic, then again, little to nothing was known of the after effects at the tme that the bombs were used on Japan. From then on, how many has anybody used on population?

iago

At least if the US manages to disarm the rest of the world then they'll hold all the power and everybody else will have to do everything they say.  They're trying to eliminate the balance of power, which is great as long as EVERYBODY does it.

j0k3r

Quote from: Hazard on March 22, 2004, 07:25 AM
Not everyone can get their hands on guns, getting them illegally can be quite expensive.
Stealing is free, so is borriwing your relative's/friend's gun. Besides, if you REALLY wanted to get your hands on a gun, you could pay for it.
John Vo

Hazard

If you really wanted to get your hands on a nuclear warhead you could.

iago

If that was true there would have been dozens launched at the US by now.

Grok

Actually, getting a reliable delivery system is probably harder.

|