• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

The Thread Formerly Known As: Kerry Found...

Started by Hazard, March 02, 2004, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Adron

Quote from: Hazard on March 17, 2004, 07:01 PM
You cant logically explain such a thing as the existence of God for example. People have been trying for centuries to no avail.

That's a good hint.

iago

You cant logically explain such a thing as the existence of God for example. People have been trying for centuries to no avail.
Have you not read Descartes/Augustine?  If you have, can you give your counter arguments to each of their proofs, please?  

Anyway, I'd like to officially give this thread 2 awards:
1) Longest thread ever
2) The worst ratio of posts:new information ever in any thread.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Grok

Quote from: iago on March 18, 2004, 11:34 AM
Have you not read Descartes/Augustine?  If you have, can you give your counter arguments to each of their proofs, please?  

Anyway, I'd like to officially give this thread 2 awards:
1) Longest thread ever
2) The worst ratio of posts:new information ever in any thread.

Ah two excellent comments.  It is good to see some recognition for all the new information packed in each post.  However I doubt that the average new information per post is the highest among all topics on all forums.

iago

No, I'd say new information:posts is lowest of any thread on the forum.  Since about page 3 there't barely been any, in fact.

Grok

Quote from: iago on March 18, 2004, 12:16 PM
No, I'd say new information:posts is lowest of any thread on the forum.  Since about page 3 there't barely been any, in fact.

Make up your mind :)  First you say posts:newinfo is lowest ever, now you say newinfo:posts is lowest ever!

iago

Quote from: Grok on March 18, 2004, 12:55 PM

Make up your mind :)  First you say posts:newinfo is lowest ever, now you say newinfo:posts is lowest ever!

I'm no good at rations, which is why I said "worst" and not "lowest"

Grok

Quote from: iago on March 18, 2004, 01:26 PM

I can see how eating a good meal can be confusing.

iago

Quote from: Grok on March 18, 2004, 01:42 PM
Quote from: iago on March 18, 2004, 01:26 PM

I can see how eating a good meal can be confusing.

hahaha, this thread is getting worse and worse.  Rations confuse me, ratios confuse me, and good meals are just good meals.  

Adron

I don't think the ratio of new information is *that* low per post. It's low per byte, but most threads actually do have many posts that don't add any information at all.

iago

Quote from: Adron on March 18, 2004, 01:53 PM
I don't think the ratio of new information is *that* low per post. It's low per byte, but most threads actually do have many posts that don't add any information at all.

Well, this post has about 17*15 posts, which is ... a lot.  255, in fact.  There's new information in maybe 50 of them.  That's only 1/5, which isn't that great.

Hazard

Actually yes and as soon as I have a few spare minuts I'd gladly give the counter-arguments to their points.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

iago

Quote from: Hazard on March 18, 2004, 02:23 PM

Actually yes and as soon as I have a few spare minuts I'd gladly give the counter-arguments to their points.

Sure, I'll be waiting.  And don't forget to list the main poitns in the proof, too,since it's been 3 years since I've studied them and I'm sure most of us here don't know them.  

Hazard

Yea, I'm taking AP Philosophy and I have a bunch of good notes on the basics I can give for people to get semi-up to speed.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

warz

I like burritos. I dont like the kind from Taco Bell; I'm talking about the frozen burritos that you heat up in the microwave. They are so good.

Adron

Quote from: iago on March 18, 2004, 02:15 PM
Quote from: Adron on March 18, 2004, 01:53 PM

Well, this post has about 17*15 posts, which is ... a lot.  255, in fact.  There's new information in maybe 50 of them.  That's only 1/5, which isn't that great.

Did you go through those 50? What qualifies as "new information" ?

|