• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

What a blast

Started by jigsaw, February 15, 2004, 05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

This is why we need Gaia now, more than ever.

Tuberload

Quote from: Grok on February 21, 2004, 09:52 AM

I agree with this as well.

Adron: You are right, but I still don't think that third world countries ruled by brutal dictators needs to have WMD. I know this might not sound much different than Bush, but at least he would have to get authorized to nuke someone.

Sadam gassed how many thousands of his own people? Not to mention countless other cruel and inhumane things him and his sons did. I don't know about you, but if I lived in Iraq under his control, I would have done everything possible to help get my freedom.

Along with that though I do think we need to let Iraqi's govern themselves and get out of there.
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

iago

Quote from: Tuberload on February 21, 2004, 05:05 PM
Sadam gassed how many thousands of his own people? Not to mention countless other cruel and inhumane things him and his sons did. I don't know about you, but if I lived in Iraq under his control, I would have done everything possible to help get my freedom.
Yeah, the US never kills its own people.  Oh, wait, I almost forgot about the hundreds of people Bush put to death in Texas when he was governor.  And that's only in a single state in a much shorter timespan.  
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Tuberload

Quote from: iago on February 21, 2004, 06:47 PM
Yeah, the US never kills its own people.  Oh, wait, I almost forgot about the hundreds of people Bush put to death in Texas when he was governor.  And that's only in a single state in a much shorter timespan.  
But at least you are put to death by a jury... I am not advocating the death penalty, but I don't see how that really compares.
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

iago

Quote from: Tuberload on February 21, 2004, 08:09 PM
But at least you are put to death by a jury... I am not advocating the death penalty, but I don't see how that really compares.

You don't see how a small group of people allowing the death of somebody compares to a couple people deciding to kill somebody?

Incidentally, why is this in the fun forum? :)

Tuberload

Quote from: iago on February 21, 2004, 09:22 PM

You don't see how a small group of people allowing the death of somebody compares to a couple people deciding to kill somebody?

No I don't. If that small group of people decides to put someone to death, than the person obviously chose his fate when he committed the crime. My point being he got a fair trial, the Iraqi's did not.

It is a weird place for such a discussion. I guess we should let it die.

iago

Quote from: Tuberload on February 22, 2004, 03:06 AM

No I don't. If that small group of people decides to put someone to death, than the person obviously chose his fate when he committed the crime. My point being he got a fair trial, the Iraqi's did not.

People are still being killed for the reasons that the leader considers "right".

Adron

Quote from: Tuberload on February 22, 2004, 03:06 AM

The rules for what is a "fair trial" are different for different places. They probably chose to be subversive elements instead of worshipping Saddam as they should have, and so they chose their fate.

Adron

I don't know either, but the thread does start with a post that is as fun as many of the others that I haven't deleted, so I'm letting it stay. I've never moderated the bottoms of threads much here, unless someone posts new funny things to the bottom. If you want to check the funny stuff, you're supposed to read the first post of every thread, not scroll way down to the end.

Adron

Innocent people have been put to death by jurys. A jury consists of ordinary people that can be mislead or caught up in emotion just as well or even more than a third world dictator might be.

Are you trying to imply that a randomly picked (I assume that's the way they're picked, well, having committed no crimes etc?) group of people would always be better at making decisions than a leader of a country, who has gotten to his position either with the help of his clever advisors, or by being clever himself?

Adron

Adron: You are right, but I still don't think that third world countries ruled by brutal dictators needs to have WMD. I know this might not sound much different than Bush, but at least he would have to get authorized to nuke someone.

What about Israel, which is brutally murdering people that never had a fair trial, as well as exacting revenge  on innocent people (this latter concept is also known as Terrorism)?

|