• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

karma & toast/roast

Started by Hamtaro, February 14, 2004, 07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamtaro

UserLoser.

If someone made a helpful post or something funny, you should toast them, otherwise if they're a complete Butt Warrior, roast them

In my case, for some odd reason; I get roasted ~3 times a day - Someone explain why/who?  Could be the same person who was on a rampage deleting all my posts..

Hitmen

Quote from: UserLoser. on February 14, 2004, 07:39 PM
If someone made a helpful post or something funny, you should toast them, otherwise if they're a complete Butt Warrior, roast them

In my case, for some odd reason; I get roasted ~3 times a day - Someone explain why/who?  Could be the same person who was on a rampage deleting all my posts..
Helpful post, +1.

Hamtaro

:( i dont think i hav ever been deserving of roasting.. but i can think of times when i shoulda roasted some ppl!
thx for explaining i agree +1 for u :)

MyndFyre

Quote from: Hamtaro on February 14, 2004, 08:28 PM
:( i dont think i hav ever been deserving of roasting.. but i can think of times when i shoulda roasted some ppl!

I will occasionally roast people who have exceptionally poor grammar and/or spelling.  Typically, though, I toast people who have either done something very nice for someone, or been so thoroughly sarcastic and cynical about someone's insanely ignorant post.

=)

And UserLoser -- maybe it's Hostile?  =P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Stealth

Quote from: RackPaintYo on February 15, 2004, 01:46 AM

[image]

"How's abouts some roasted beef?"

In this case, you would roast RackPaintYo for his obscene image.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

UserLoser.

Quote from: Myndfyre on February 15, 2004, 01:24 AM

I will occasionally roast people who have exceptionally poor grammar and/or spelling.  Typically, though, I toast people who have either done something very nice for someone, or been so thoroughly sarcastic and cynical about someone's insanely ignorant post.

=)

Hostile can't moderate Battle.net BotDev

iago

Quote from: UserLoser. on February 15, 2004, 02:40 AM

=)

Perhaps it was Cuphead.  I don't think he likes you much :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

UserLoser.

Quote from: iago on February 15, 2004, 02:54 AM
Quote from: UserLoser. on February 15, 2004, 02:40 AM

=)

Perhaps it was Cuphead.  I don't think he likes you much :)

Cuphead can't moderate those forums either, and he's been gone and just recently a bunch of my posts were deleted until i complained to a few people :P

MyndFyre

Oh -- I didn't see you say "it could be the same person...".  Not that it mattered; I was just giving you crap anyway.  =P
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Hamtaro

=)

lol.. if poor grammar gets me roasted, i hope theres no limit on how many roasts one can have ^_^.  but, do you really think poor grammar is deserving of being roasted?  i see people with alot of roasts and i think bad person who is bm and makes people mad.. maybe i should rethink that.  now it has absolutley no meaning to me =\

Kp

Quote from: Hamtaro on February 15, 2004, 10:47 AMlol.. if poor grammar gets me roasted, i hope theres no limit on how many roasts one can have ^_^.  but, do you really think poor grammar is deserving of being roasted?  i see people with alot of roasts and i think bad person who is bm and makes people mad.. maybe i should rethink that.  now it has absolutley no meaning to me =\

People roast/toast for different reasons.  I tend to reserve it to those who are extremely idiotic in their posts; others may be more free in their roasting.  However, it's worth noting that bad grammar definitely won't make you many friends here.  People like to spend their time reading posts, not figuring out what a poster was trying to say.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

iago

I haven't used the toast/roast buttons in a long time.  They used to be fun, but they got old :)

Hamtaro

do i make it hard for you to read?  im sorry :(
maybe i should limit myself to one sentence per line?
im just no fan of grammar when it comes to typing..
but i didnt expect to get many friends on these forums anyway.
it doesnt seem like u take too kindly to my folk ;)
so i try not to post too much.
and read alot bcuz ive seen what happens to people who repost questions that have already been asked O.O..

iago

Quote from: Hamtaro on February 15, 2004, 11:14 AM
do i make it hard for you to read?  im sorry :(
maybe i should limit myself to one sentence per line?
im just no fan of grammar when it comes to typing..
but i didnt expect to get many friends on these forums anyway.
it doesnt seem like u take too kindly to my folk ;)
so i try not to post too much.
and read alot bcuz ive seen what happens to people who repost questions that have already been asked O.O..

Instead of enter, put a period and one or two spaces, and life's good.