• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

karma & toast/roast

Started by Hamtaro, February 14, 2004, 07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamtaro

lol i do that anyway =P  thats a habit from 6th when i learned to type and my teacher was always telling us to do one space after the period and i was like  >:( ill do what i want!

j0k3r

Quote from: iago on February 15, 2004, 11:28 AM
Quote from: Hamtaro on February 15, 2004, 11:14 AM
do i make it hard for you to read?  im sorry :(
maybe i should limit myself to one sentence per line?
im just no fan of grammar when it comes to typing..
but i didnt expect to get many friends on these forums anyway.
it doesnt seem like u take too kindly to my folk ;)
so i try not to post too much.
and read alot bcuz ive seen what happens to people who repost questions that have already been asked O.O..
Instead of enter, put a period and one or two spaces, and life's good.
Instead of a period and one or two spaces, shoot yourself. You know exactly what they meant and you're just being a smart ass.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Hamtaro

:( why flame me when i was being serious? -.- i can read my sentences just fine and nobody complained about it before.  but, then again, ive never really been a part of anything formal like these forums.  im just going to shutup now since i cant say anything without getting roasted.

wait i just realized that wasnt towards me.. but i think it was supposed to be

Newby

-1 for complaining! :P

j/k ^_^;

EDIT -- Rofl, somebody deleted User's post. Hahahahha
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Hamtaro

maybe its bcuz ur name says loser in it ^^
whos supposed to do the toasting?  the person who you helped or the person who saw you help someone?

Quote from: Newby on February 15, 2004, 01:00 PM
-1 for complaining! :P

j/k ^_^;
lol i almost said that exact same thing!

-edit-
should you toast someone bcuz they know the answer?  or is it just the effort?  ill never get toasted since i think im the only one who asks basic questions :P

Newby

Toast somebody if they help you with something. Roast somebody if they just make an obscene / retarded post and/or ask for toastings. :)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Adron

Toast people who ask well-formulated questions, the way they're supposed to be asked, having already searched for answers, etc.

Toast people who give good answers, be they answers that come free, or answers that just show you the path to walk to find the truth.

Roast people who post bad. Roast people whose posts should be deleted by the moderators. Roast people that didn't think before posting.

iago

Also, toast somebody who finds the solution afterwards and posts it for everybody, and roast them if they say they found the solution but not how :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Hamtaro

Quote from: iago on February 15, 2004, 07:58 PM
Also, toast somebody who finds the solution afterwards and posts it for everybody, and roast them if they say they found the solution but not how :)
can u give me a sample scenario plz :)
unless you mean they find the solution but wont say what it is.  then theres no need to.

Adron

Quote from: Hamtaro on February 15, 2004, 08:02 PM
Quote from: iago on February 15, 2004, 07:58 PM
can u give me a sample scenario plz :)
unless you mean they find the solution but wont say what it is.  then theres no need to.

It's about people who find the answers to their own questions...

Hamtaro

oh, i see.  thx for clarifying. ^_^

ChR0NiC

Hostile

Quote from: Myndfyre on February 15, 2004, 01:24 AM
And UserLoser -- maybe it's Hostile?  =P

Should also note that a good portion of why I am mad at him in addition to a dozen other things was because of a foolish assumption.  ::) Either way, It wasn't me and I'd go on a limb and say either he posted something obsene or deleted it himself just to get attention.
- Hostile is sexy.

UserLoser.

Quote from: Hostile on February 16, 2004, 01:27 AM

Should also note that a good portion of why I am mad at him in addition to a dozen other things was because of a foolish assumption.  ::) Either way, It wasn't me and I'd go on a limb and say either he posted something obsene or deleted it himself just to get attention.

Assumed what?  What the fuck are you talking about?  I never assumed it was you because I can read that you're not a moderator -- Has anyone else noticed the big change in the way Hostile acts ever since he joined vL?

j0k3r

Quote from: UserLoser. on February 16, 2004, 10:55 AM
Quote from: Hostile on February 16, 2004, 01:27 AM

Assumed what?  What the fuck are you talking about?  I never assumed it was you because I can read that you're not a moderator -- Has anyone else noticed the big change in the way Hostile acts ever since he joined vL?
Yes, he seems to have more extremes. He's very helpful in a lot of cases, and in some cases he's very offensive.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

|