• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

UDP Plug

Started by gosumoo, February 13, 2004, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gosumoo

Ive been so used to 0 ms i have forgotten how to get a chat plug :X what was the code again? :o

ChR0NiC

Quote from: gosumoo on February 13, 2004, 09:05 PM
Ive been so used to 0 ms i have forgotten how to get a chat plug :X what was the code again? :o

Did you mean the lag plug?? If yes then, regardless of what you do during Packet 0x25, When you receive 0x51, You could do this:

SendPacket &H2D
InsertNonNTString "bnet"
SendPacket &H14

This should give you a lag plug, and if you want to not have a lag plug, just do:

SendPacket &H2D
InsertNonNTString "tenb"
SendPacket &H14

Hope this helps, feel free to flame on my post, *leans in the direction of NuLL*

Soul Taker

What does 0x2d have to do with anything?  And why would you send 0x14 containing the DWORD "tenb" (even though you sent it as a string)?

o.OV

1. Do not send packet &H14

With 0ms lag, if you send &H25 only once.. Bnet will send &H0 every two minutes.. give or take a few seconds. ( I just reply with &H0 )

With Normal lag, Bnet will send &H25 every 25 seconds once you are in.. give or take. ( I reply with with &H0 )

EDIT: Not sure about number two.. but I don't think it's need.
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. - Albert Einstein

Soul Taker

Quote from: o.OV on February 14, 2004, 05:07 AM
1. Do not send packet &H14
2. Do not reply to Bnet's ping with a pong ( &H25 ) UNTIL you are actually logged in and in a Chat room.

With 0ms lag, if you send &H25 only once.. Bnet will send &H0 every two minutes.. give or take a fe seconds. ( I just reply with &H0 )

With Normal lag, Bnet will send &H25 every 25 seconds once you are in.. give or take. ( I reply with with &H0 )
AFAIK, 0x25 and the no-UDP plug are unrelated.  Not responding to 0x25 will just get you a -1ms ping.

Edit: 6:15 am, expect typos.

o.OV

Yea. I know.. that is why I editted. I am lagging so my post didn't edit immediately. Sorry for the delay.

TheMinistered

If you disable udp, you get the plug.

Dyndrilliac

If varPlug = 0 Then
         'plug
         pBuffer.InsertNonNTString "tenb"
         pBuffer.SendPacket &H14
End If

This works for me.
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

Mesiah / haiseM

0x25 only affects your ping, by sending the correct 0x14 packet, which should contain the dword "tenb", you will login fine, telling the server your client supports udp, and you can play games, however, since it is a tcp packet, you can ignore it, receive the little plug, and still be able to play games, but if you ignore or modify that packet, you will receive the flags responsible for the plug.

Edit: Wow, thats one hell of a run-on sentence, oh well, no time to fix! :P
]HighBrow Innovations
Coming soon...

AIM Online Status: 

Eric

QuoteWith 0ms lag, if you send &H25 only once.. Bnet will send &H0 every two minutes.. give or take a few seconds. ( I just reply with &H0 )

0x00 is sent approximately every two minutes when idle, and 0x25 doesn't interfere with it.

o.OV

Quote from: LoRd[nK] on February 15, 2004, 02:10 PM
QuoteWith 0ms lag, if you send &H25 only once.. Bnet will send &H0 every two minutes.. give or take a few seconds. ( I just reply with &H0 )

0x00 is sent approximately every two minutes when idle, and 0x25 doesn't interfere with it.

To my knowledge you can't have 0ms if you don't send 0x25 after 0x1E/0x50.
What are you getting at?
You mean sending 0x25 again once you are in channel?
You must mean that because if you send it again before the login.. you will have regular lag..

Here is the scenario:

You connected sent 0x1E/0x50 and the SINGLE 0x25 to achieve 0ms lag.

You login fine and you are idle for 2 to 4 minutes.

During that time Bnet will not send 0x25 every 25 seconds if you connected "correctly" for 0ms lag BUT they will send 0x00 every 2 minutes.

Setup an IN_CHANNEL command to send 0x25 ONCE.

Once sent.. bnet will continue to send you 0x25 every 25 seconds AND 0x00 every two minutes.

Eric

o.OV

Quote from: LoRd[nK] on February 19, 2004, 12:23 PM

Oh.

So you are trying to tell me it is quite alright to send 0x25
after login with 0ms lag even though it is absolutely not neccessary
and sending it will only cause bnet to continue sending you
0x25 every 25 seconds and 0x00 every 2 minutes.

Ok, Lord[nK] have it your way.

Lenny

Any well made bot should seamlessly emulate the actual client, which is also why its a good idea to request the banner ad every ~15 seconds...

And also, 0x25 is sent S->C first, not C->S....Even if you dont echo it back, the server will still send 0x25....
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

Eric

battle.net does not send me 0x25 when I am in channel with 0ms lag
Ofcourse it does.

I have done my homework Lenny.
You've received an "F" on todays assignment, however you can makeup this assignment and turn it in no later than 2/23/04 for partial credit.