• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Hashing (Java)

Started by Prospero, March 18, 2003, 01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prospero

Greetings,

I am currently developing a Binary bot in Java, and I have a question

I have been looking at the source code for a few binary bots in C++ (nbbot and raibot I think), but since my knowledge of C++ is quite limited I have been unable to fully comprehend the way Hashing is achieved for Battle.net, I was wondering if anyone could describe the procedure to me using detailed pseudo-code, or if anyone has Java methods to achieve hashing that they are willing to share?

Thank you for your help,

Prospero

Banana fanna fo fanna

c0ol may have ported it, ask him.

Zakath

c0ol has written a bot in java...I would assume thus that he ported the algorithms.
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Prospero

Well, I wouldn't specifically need his algorithms (though that would be great), a detailed descriptions about how the algorithms work would also help me enough (isn't there a Hashing and Checkrevision tutorial or something?  ;))

Kp

You could just use BNLS, which will do the hashing for you.  If you're determined to do your hashing clientside, it's based off SHA-1, though it isn't exactly the same.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Banana fanna fo fanna

No, he doesn't want a quick answer, he wants to do it himself.

I'll try to help you when I get some more free time.

Prospero

I could use BNLS indeed, but the point of my whole bot-making endeavor was to make a binary bot that is not dependant of 3rd party servers (I currently use UltimateBot with BG3, and even though I admire the work put into it by both their programmers, it forces me to rely on their server), as well as making it to suit my personal preference.

WinSocks

making a bot in Java can be really tricky especially when the dumbass programming language is insainly Case Sensitive.....

hmmm hashing in java would be completely different than C++ or VB, cause of varialbe and array references and what Java packages you have to use.

I've been currently develeoping a Java Chat program. Using a Chat Client connecting to a server. It does involve some hashing, if you want to check out the src if you want. E-Mail me at [email protected].

Tuberload

Quotemaking a bot in Java can be really tricky especially when the dumbass programming language is insainly Case Sensitive.....

How does this have any affect on the difficulty involved in creating a bot with Java? It seems to me if you understood the language, and weren't so dependent, this is just a guess, to VB's insane lack of case sensitivity their would be no problem at all... Just one other thing that confuses me, what makes Java such a *dumb ass* language?

Edit: Terrible grammar mistake :'(
Quote"Pray not for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs." -- Teddy Roosevelt
"Your forefathers have given you freedom, so good luck, see you around, hope you make it" -- Unknown

Skywing

Quotemaking a bot in Java can be really tricky especially when the dumbass programming language is insainly Case Sensitive.....

hmmm hashing in java would be completely different than C++ or VB, cause of varialbe and array references and what Java packages you have to use.

I've been currently develeoping a Java Chat program. Using a Chat Client connecting to a server. It does involve some hashing, if you want to check out the src if you want. E-Mail me at [email protected].
Actually, most programming languages are case-sensitive.  BASIC-based languages are more the exception than the rule - C, C++, C#, Java (as you've just pointed out) and many other things are all case-sensitive.

Zakath

I'm confused as to why having the language be case insensitive would be a good thing
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

Banana fanna fo fanna

The only good weak-typed language is Python. But it's still case-sensitive!

Skywing

Quote from: St0rm.iD on March 21, 2003, 01:40 PM
The only good weak-typed language is Python. But it's still case-sensitive!
Each language has it's own usage.  You could certainly say assembly is weakly-typed, and it's still used for extremely-time-critical loops.

TyC-Pros

(This is the original poster - decided to register an account)

I see this thread has taken a different turn from the original topic, so I might as well add my opinion:

There are only 2 languages I have adequate experience with to make a bot in it - Delphi and Java, and at the moment my preference goes to Java since I've been making assignments in it for the past 20 weeks, while the last time I did something in Delphi was 2 years ago.

Nova1313

Just some fyi thanks to a couple donations by some dedicated users

bg3 now has a dedicated key server thats used mostly for that and webhosting for the site. It's a duron 512 megs ram on a 10 meg connection to the net. It's has 30 day or so uptime since we got it the server switch was last weekend and I've had a bot connected to europe for over a week on it. If you have problems let me know..

As for the java bot part. I've started work on porting bg3 to java for a few mac/unix users that we have.  Storm had mentioned something to a libary that will let you run c code right from it or something I wasn't really paying attention when he told me as I've been writing my own bnls type thing specifically for bg3 but alot less secure.. You could go with bnls like kp recommended. it's a really great alternative to having your own full set of login code. I'd personally move bg3 to it but we have 16000+ users so I wouldn't want it to interfere with their server for it with the load (not sure of it's theoretical limit/ load capcity)

If however you get stuck while converting the code contact me ([email protected]) I should be able to help you through it.  I can make my way around java pretty well.