• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

music!

Started by Probe, January 27, 2004, 11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Probe

so what kind of music is everyone into? what are some of your favorite bands?

SNiFFeR

rock. fav band The Used

j0k3r

Metal. Favourite band is Metallica I guess.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Hitmen

Metal, some rock, and the slightest bit of punk.

See: http://www.rtds.org

Zakath

Alternative Rock - Alice in Chains, Fuel, Hoobastank, Incubus, Linkin Park, Staind...

Punk Rock - Bad Religion, Less Than Jake, Pennywise, NoFx, Rancid, The Offspring...

Hard Rock - Disturbed, Metallica...

Older Rock - AC/DC, Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses, Led Zeppelin, The Who...
Quote from: iago on February 02, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can't have everybody...contributing to the main source repository.  That would be stupid and create chaos.

Opensource projects...would be dumb.

iago

Lately, punk.  Offspring, Sum41, nofx, bad religion.

Usually, metal - slipknot, slayer, zombie
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Stealth

If it's not rap, country or punk, I probably like it (or at least don't mind it).

Favorites include Cold, Shinedown, Metallica (pre-St. Anger), Oleander, 3rd Strike, Sevendust, Smashing Pumpkins, Ra, RATM, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, PM5k, Prodigy, select Marilyn Manson, Korn, Ill Nino.. most rock and techno.

Also, the Kill Bill soundtrack was excellent. :)
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

Trance

:P Of course, I get to be the outcast. Not that my name didn't give it away or anything but, Trance and Techno mainly. However I do enjoy classical.. and some 60's stuff that my hippy friends listen to. Beatles and such.

Favourite DJ's:
Armin Van Buuren (Radio show: A State of Trance on ID&T Radio, The Netherlands)
DJ Tiesto (Album: In Search of Sunrise 3) (Misc: Whenever he plays live, wow is it something to hear. #1 DJ in the world 2 years running)
Markus Schulz (Radio show: Global DJ Broadcast on Party 93.1FM, Miami, Florida)

iago

Quote from: Stealth on January 27, 2004, 11:24 PM
If it's not rap, country or punk, I probably like it (or at least don't mind it).

Favorites include Cold, Shinedown, Metallica (pre-St. Anger), Oleander, 3rd Strike, Sevendust, Smashing Pumpkins, Ra, RATM, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, PM5k, Prodigy, select Marilyn Manson, Korn, Ill Nino.. most rock and techno.

St. Anger is very much like 80's metallica.  You should also specify a post-album if you don't like st. Anger :P
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Meh

Rock - Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath
Punk - The Offspring

j0k3r

Quote from: iago on January 28, 2004, 09:15 AM

St. Anger is very much like 80's metallica.  You should also specify a post-album if you don't like st. Anger :P
Hah, shows what you know  :P
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Yoni

I thought so, as well. In fact, the Kill Bill soundtrack inspired me to search for plenty of Bernard Herrmann and Gheorghe Zamfir compositions.

I didn't like the country music on it though.

Crypticflare

Metallica - And Justice For All

I feel St.Anger they tried getting their fast and devious riffs back, but implied to much of a modern beat in it.

Slipknot - Iowa Boy, go figure

Skynard, Tool, Staind, Chevelle, Greatful Dead, Sublime, Bob Marley.

Most likely any type of rock music before 1985.

j0k3r

Quote from: Crypticflare on January 28, 2004, 05:49 PM
I feel St.Anger they tried getting their fast and devious riffs back, but implied to much of a modern beat in it.
Yes, it seems as though they did try to go back to the 'good old days', but they failed. I don't mind the new album too much, I just don't think of it as Metallica. They incorporate some really new stuff into their songs that I haven't heard before, which is why I'm attracted to it. What could have made it better? Kirk needed to solo, James needed to learn how to sing again, and Lars needs to put the snare back on his snare drum.
John Vo

po0f

Tool definitely; also, A Perfect Circle.