• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Creating a Stats Bot Discussion

Started by quasi-modo, December 14, 2003, 07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

If I wanted to modify a basic chat bot to access and update a remote data base (mssql server) where would I begin? Can some one point me in the right direction? I know some java, I am taking ap comp sci, but I do not feel confident enough with that to take on a project like this because it would just confuse the crap out of me. I was thinking vb & winsock. I know asp.net and have experience w/ xml webservices. Any suggestions? Anyone have some working source codes I could use? I do not need anything aestetically pleasing, it doesnt even have to have a channel list or anything like that, all I need is for it to get the names from the data base, get their records, update the data base, and then its done and I would turn it off, I would run it on startup and close it after it is done to make sure I keep up with it or something like that.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

blinkdude

use CSB to connect or use a bot source..then use MyDql OBC drivers to connect to mysql and insert the info , my web channel uses MySqL for it... http://www.eternalsoldiers.net/esbot/chnnel.php hmm this is a good site http://www.codeguru.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12 for info on it ... how i would do it is this...
--Con.. to battle net
--Connect to MySql Database
--D.L list to text file
--Open Txt file Either add it to a listview or just read stright from file
--Have a Timer call 1 name at a time in 45 - 1.3 minz and /stats name them.
--Update name (stats in mysql)
--disble Timer.
<Total-Assault@Azeroth> WTF IS THIS CLAN A BUNCH OF NERDS?
<Yoni[vL]@Azeroth> Yes.
<Grok> Yes.
<[vL]Kp> You sound surprised.
<Total-Assault> at least they admit it
&

iago

Why would he need a CSB for that?  Use a ChatBot.  I would recommend finding the source for GreetBot, and changing that so it looks up stats instead.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

blinkdude

Quote from: blinkdude on December 15, 2003, 03:10 AM
use CSB to connect or use a bot source...
Duno maybe he Wants this bot to have other features too..Just Suggestions..
<Total-Assault@Azeroth> WTF IS THIS CLAN A BUNCH OF NERDS?
<Yoni[vL]@Azeroth> Yes.
<Grok> Yes.
<[vL]Kp> You sound surprised.
<Total-Assault> at least they admit it
&

RyanIdium

why don't you just have php connect to your bot and get it? less steps.  (and some hosts don't have mysql obc drivers)

quasi-modo

Like I said, I use mssql server. I also use asp.net, to use mysql with asp.net would be to ask for lag because I would have to emule using the my.ini and I do not want to do that. I need to figure out how to update mssql server remotely, that is the desired affect :-[. I would settle for getting some bot source codes and getting it to connect for now though  ;D . The bot needs no features, it doesnt even need to chat or have a channel list, I just need it to get the stats and I would run it daily. The stats need to be somewhat currents, but not live. I do not want to have an application constantly accessing and updating the remote data  base. I just do not feel comfortable with it, I think its asking for trouble. I cannot promoise 24/7 uptime on this machine, so my clan's site is not hosted from here, therefore the data base is remote too  :-\
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

iago

I don't know your current level of programming, but try this:

1. Connect to useast.battle.net (or whatever)
2. Send char(3)
3. Send char(4)
4. Send "anonymous"
5. Send stats request ("/stats [name]")
6. Goto 5 while there's more names to look up

hismajesty

Quote from: UserLoser. on December 16, 2003, 10:38 AM
when on CHAT, you need to give a product, "/stats joebob" wouldn't work, need to give a product

Once in a while it asks for a product if you're on a product such as SEXP too.

iago

He'll figure that out :P

It basically works!

quasi-modo

I have nothing so far. I need bot source codes. How can I do anything you ask without some source codes, I was hopeing someone had the framework for a very basic chat bot and I could just modify it. I was asking earlier if there are any available...  :-\ I am very experienced in vb (3 yrs) and have some general java knowledge (I am taking an ap class in it now), that should give you some idea of my programming
WAR EAGLE!

quasi-modo

Quote from: RyanIdium on December 15, 2003, 03:27 PM
why don't you just have php connect to your bot and get it? less steps.  (and some hosts don't have mysql obc drivers)
Because I am using asp.net, is it that hard to grasp? I am an asp.net user, I picked that as my language of choice. I like the syntax, it runs fast, it is object oriented, and it is extreamly powerful. I reguard it as being the best server side technology out there right now.
Lets forget about the data base stuff right now, that is putting the cart before the horse, I need to get a bot here, where do I start? Is there a tutorial, where can I get some rudimentary code. I do not need any advanced features, I just want to see how this thing is going to go about connecting to battle net.
WAR EAGLE!

effect

Quote from: iago on December 15, 2003, 05:29 PM

2. Send char(3)
3. Send char(4)
4. Send "anonymous"

For some one with 3 years Vb experience im surprised u need someone elses source code to log on to battle.net with the 'CHAT' protocol
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

iago

Quote from: Null on December 16, 2003, 08:14 PM
Quote from: iago on December 15, 2003, 05:29 PM

2. Send char(3)
3. Send char(4)
4. Send "anonymous"

For some one with 3 years Vb experience im surprised u need someone elses source code to log on to battle.net with the 'CHAT' protocol

Thank you, that's EXACTLY what I was going to say. I just told you EXACTLY how to do it, the complete and total algorithm, and all you have to do is translate that into a tiny VB program.  So go do that rather than complaining you need source even though you're an advanced programmer.

quasi-modo

I have never built a battle net bot before. I do not know how to connect anything to battle net. I have never made anything like this before. I want to see the basic workings of a chat bot since I have never worked with anything like this before. I have used winsock before but never made and irc or battle net bot. That is what I was aiming for. If you do not have any sample codes I can look at to get a general idea of what I need to do, or have a framework that I can modify to suit my needs I would be greatful. I am not making something to redistribute here, or by any means trying to act like I made it myself. I just want a feature like this to integrate into my site. Have any good links or tutorials?
WAR EAGLE!

iago

ok, listen carefully.

1. CONNECT TO useast.battle.net or WHICHEVER SERVER YOU WANT.

2. SEND char(&hc), THEN SEND char(&hd).

3. SEND THE STRING "anonymous", then send vbcrlf.

4. There, you are logged in far enough to check stats.  For each person in your list, send out "/stats [name] [product]", for example "/stats iago SEXP", and you will recieve their stats.  

5. Parse the stats for each person and write them to your sql database.

DONE!

Read that, and do it.  There's not much to writing a statsbot.

[edit] If you can't do that yourself, then clearly you aren't willing to put in any effort at all, and are, as such, not welcome here.  You'll find plenty of people here who are willing to give you advice, such as this, but not many who will give you source code.