• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Creating a Stats Bot Discussion

Started by quasi-modo, December 14, 2003, 07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

It does not sound that complicated,  but my problem is I do not know how the heck to connect it. I need to see what this will look like, thats what I am asking for. I am not saying you are not helping me, its just that I can't make a stat bot without being able to connect to battle net. How do I accomplish this? I am not asking you to write me anything or do anything like that, I know how annoying that can be, just point me in the right direction. I was browsing this disclaimer, would assbot be something to look at, to see how a bot connects? Could I use bnls or, how do other bots do it? I am not neccessarily looking for source code to jack and I do not neccisarily want any here, I just want a link or something where I might learn something. I want to try this for myself then. But right now I have nothing to go on. I know the steps but, the first one I have no idea how to do it, I need something to look at, just something to give me some idea of what is going on under the hood. I have a general idea but I do not know how to get text from the center, I do not know how to connect it, I do not know how to enter text. I just do not get how it integrates with battle net and how the commands are sent.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

effect

Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

quasi-modo

Thanks, Ill play around w/ it and see what happens.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

iago

You don't need CSB or BNLS for a connection unless you actually want to login with an account, but you don't have to.

You need to use a winsock control; look up how on www.pscode.com or something like that.  
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

quasi-modo

so i do not need hash files, cd keys, versions, anything like that? All I have to do is open a connection? Ill definatly play around with this some more tomorrow. Is battle net basically irc down in its core, I always seemed to think it was with the using of irc commands etc?
WAR EAGLE!

iago

To log on as anonymous, you need nothing of the sort.  To log on with an account, join channels, chat with people, etc, you DO need those things.

I don't know how IRC works, so I can't compare them.

quasi-modo

So what is char(3) and char(4)? What is the signifigance of that? Since it is comeing before the logon? Ill play around more with this tomorrow. I was under the impression that I was going to need to figure out how to use the storm.dll etc, so I was thinking this is more difficult then it is. Thanks for your help so far.
WAR EAGLE!

iago

char(3) = the protocol, 1 is binary, 2 is ftp, 3 is chat.

char(4) turns off echoing, so it won't send you back whatever you send it.  It's optional, but for your program I would recommend it.

hismajesty

Quote from: UserLoser. on December 17, 2003, 10:56 AM
forgot parameters

Private Sub wsChat_DataArrival(ByVal bytesTotal As Long) :)

iago

Ugh@giving code.  It wouldn't have been hard for him to code, and it would have been good for him.

quasi-modo

Ok, I am running this bot, Now when I connect inside of txtrecieve I see 4 characters, they are just solid lines, does it sound like it is working? I do not see stats in text recieve, I changed the name and the game client to peofeoknight sexp just to see what happened and the same thing happens. Is this good or bad, I do not get any errors or anything though, there were some syntax errors in the code above that I fixed, but thank you for typeing that up for me, I could have done it but heck I am not complaining just less for me to do.  ;). Back to the characters, I want to see stats to believe this to just make sure it is working, does this sound like it is working? How can it be convirted to normal text?
I dropped in a label and on change of txtrecieve I am setting the labels caption equal to the text of txtrecieve, only there is no text that displays, and I cannot copy these characters, so whats up with that?
WAR EAGLE!

effect

You must parse your incoming data

basically sorting what u need from what u dont , in this particular situation you could ignore just about everything and focus on your , IIRC USER_INFO? event.

someone correct me if im wrong about this event displaying a person's stats
Quote from: Mangix on March 22, 2005, 03:03 AM
i am an expert Stealthbot VBScript. Recognize Bitch.

Kp

Quote from: iago on December 17, 2003, 04:47 PM
It wouldn't have been hard for him to code

I disagree.  Based on the quality of his posts and his apparent inability to solve anything prior to UserLoser posting that code, I think it would have been very hard for him to do that on his own. :)  (I agree with you about it being bad to give him code though.)
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

quasi-modo

Quote from: Kp on December 17, 2003, 05:14 PM
Quote from: iago on December 17, 2003, 04:47 PM
It wouldn't have been hard for him to code

I disagree.  Based on the quality of his posts and his apparent inability to solve anything prior to UserLoser posting that code, I think it would have been very hard for him to do that on his own. :)  (I agree with you about it being bad to give him code though.)
I know vb, the language and I have used winsock before, I just have never worked with anything quite like this before so I was still in the dark as to what I had to do until just before that code was posted, once I knew it was just winsock and send those characters I could have handled it from there. But the code helped, I probably would have screwed a few things up and had to do trial and error for a while till I figured it out.

http://www.valhallalegends.com/docs/bnetbotbygrok.htm
something like that would have been very helpful right from the start! Thats what I was after aghhhhh, I did not want to hassle you I just wanted to be pointed to the right place.
WAR EAGLE!

quasi-modo

Private Sub wsChat_DataArrival(ByVal bytesTotal As Long)
Dim InData As String
   wschat.GetData InData, vbString
   txtrecieve.Text = txtrecieve.Text & vbCrLf ' add the incoming data to the textbox
End Sub

Ok that is what I have, I am just getting the crlf, so it seems like I am not getting any data, whats going wrong? It seems like I am getting two empty lines.
What groc is using is

Private Sub ws_DataArrival(ByVal bytesTotal As Long)
   Dim strData As String
   ws.GetData strData, vbString, bytesTotal            'last two parameters are optional
   ChatBot.AddToBuffer strData                         'pass new data to the buffer
   ChatBot.ProcessData                                 'parses and handles complete lines, if any
End Sub

chatbot is a module, I have to figure out how to get the winsock data to that text box, so now what I need to do is get the winsock data to the text box right?
WAR EAGLE!

|