• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

wanting to make a bot

Started by 13-yr-Old-Newb, November 24, 2003, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Anyway, back to your original question.  It has been answered before, but I'll answer it again anyway.

Is there a library nearby you can get books from?
Do you live near a university?  The libraries there are much nicer, but you would have to sit inside it and read, since you wouldn't be able to get a card from there.

You can get example code from www.pscode.com, but you would need a compiler.  If you want to learn C++ (it's harder, but better eventually), there are plenty of free ones, like Dev-C++, but if you want visual basic it's harder.  There was a free version of VB release called VB 6.0 CCE, or Control Creation Edition.  It's limited, and you can't output to .exe files, but it's a legal free version.  And, like I've said before, I neither support nor condone piracy, but I won't stop you from trying.

That being said, I have a lot of eBooks for VB or C++ or anything else that I can download/send you if you have icq or msn or aim.  My contact information is at the left ( <--- ) if you want to add me to your list on any of them.

Hope this helps!
-iago
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

13-yr-Old-Newb

I don't live near any univerisities or anything so I can't go to the library there and the library in my town has like books which are soooo old so I'm not even going to try to look there and I'm on the VB explorer site right now but I am not finding how where to start at it so pretty well I would have to buy a book in Toronto which is the largest city close to me but it takes an hour to get there.  So I am going to ask people here or search the web.
Thanks for the Help
--13-yr-old-newb

iago

Well, you can do what I did and get a QBasic book.  Spend a week, learn QBasic well.  The skills you learn there translate very nicely to Visual Basic, I found.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

13-yr-Old-Newb

Hey everyone can you all start responding to my other subject, Learning VB.  I got some questions over there so if you don't mind...
Thanks
--13-yr-old-newb

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on November 24, 2003, 05:19 PM
Quote from: 13-yr-Old-Newb on November 24, 2003, 05:03 PM
whatever sorry mindfyre but u dissed me cuz i talk in slang lol

They call it "slang" now?  i've always referred to that as "idiot", but that's just me.  And yes, even in grade 8 I talked in complete sentences and spelled correctly, because I know that if I didn't, people would look down on me.  It's hard enough to make a good impression when you're younger, but why make it more difficult?  

You'll quickly find that you have to earn respect here, there aren't any easy answers.

You may have learned spelling, not grammar though.

As to 13-yr-Old-Newb, I'd recommend downloading Visual Basic from somewhere other than Microsoft.  I'm almost possitive that the version you are downloading is just a trial version & will have some type of restrictions.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

MyndFyre

Quote from: 13-yr-Old-Newb on November 24, 2003, 05:53 PM
I don't live near any univerisities or anything so I can't go to the library there and the library in my town has like books which are soooo old so I'm not even going to try to look there and I'm on the VB explorer site right now but I am not finding how where to start at it so pretty well I would have to buy a book in Toronto which is the largest city close to me but it takes an hour to get there.  So I am going to ask people here or search the web.

Let me give you an example by what iago means as "complete sentences."  This paragraph theoretically translates into:

I don't live near any universities or anything, so I can't go to the library there.  The library in my town has books which are so old, I'm not even going to try to look there.  I'm on the VB explorer site right now, but I am not finding how or where to start at it.  So, I figure I'd have to buy a book in Toronto, which is the largest city close to me -- but it takes an hour to get there.  So I am going to ask people here, or continue searching the web.

Do you see how adding the punctuation makes this paragraph infinitely more readable?  I think I maybe changed three our four words out of the whole thing - only adding a few periods, taking out your run-on "ands," and I even included a dash for kicks.

Just trying to help.  :-)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

ChR0NiC

Quote from: 13-yr-Old-Newb on November 24, 2003, 02:55 PM
I wanna make a bot but i have to learn a language first.  Im in gr 8 and im pretty good on computeres(thats like all i do) so i figure y not.  I should try to make a bot.  Im not trying to make anything to complicated just something that can connect to bnet.  then when im done that start expanding.  could someone please tell me where i can start.  if you could that would be great

You are just like everyone else who wants to start making bots, you ask us for some help on making something that connects to Battle.net then you want this, than that AND MORE AND MORE. It never stops. They want channel list and icons and suddenly you are showing these new bot makers how to do 0ms. STOP THE MADNESS !!!!!!!

SiMi

Quote from: ChR0NiC on November 24, 2003, 09:19 PM
Quote from: 13-yr-Old-Newb on November 24, 2003, 02:55 PM
I wanna make a bot but i have to learn a language first.  Im in gr 8 and im pretty good on computeres(thats like all i do) so i figure y not.  I should try to make a bot.  Im not trying to make anything to complicated just something that can connect to bnet.  then when im done that start expanding.  could someone please tell me where i can start.  if you could that would be great

You are just like everyone else who wants to start making bots, you ask us for some help on making something that connects to Battle.net then you want this, than that AND MORE AND MORE. It never stops. They want channel list and icons and suddenly you are showing these new bot makers how to do 0ms. STOP THE MADNESS !!!!!!!
Why don't you shut the fuck up? He's here trying to learn and your here trying to make your self like you know more then he does. You've been praticing Visual Basic for quite a certain amount of months and you still don't know how to use a timer chr0nic? Don't try and bash on him ok, chr0nic. Everyone has a starting point.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Hello and welcome to the forums.

First I'd like to say, shame on the warez link :)

Next, you'll encounter several hurdles posting here as a newbie. Here are some tips to avoid being flamed:

- Try it yourself first. Experiment; never ask "will this work," try it yourself, and if it doesn't work, ask
- Post the section of code you're having trouble with and the troubles you're having with it. (use code tags!)
- Don't demand anything because no one here owes anyone jack shit
- Don't make two posts after each other unless you have to. You can modify your existing post if you forgot to add something.

I would stay, start off with Python: www.python.org. It's just like a graphing calculator on steroids.

CrAz3D

My bad, I saw that 13-yr-Newb was getting upset at not finding a good copy of Visual Basic so I tried to help, I didn't show the link, people don't have to look if they don't want to.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

MyndFyre

Quote from: St0rm.iD on November 24, 2003, 09:55 PM

Next, you'll encounter several hurdles posting here as a newbie. Here are some tips to avoid being flamed:

- Try it yourself first. Experiment; never ask "will this work," try it yourself, and if it doesn't work, ask
- Post the section of code you're having trouble with and the troubles you're having with it. (use code tags!)
- Don't make two posts after each other unless you have to. You can modify your existing post if you forgot to add something.

I would stay, start off with Python: www.python.org. It's just like a graphing calculator on steroids.

Is this a standard thing you say, Storm, to all newbies?  ;)

Something else I've found is helpful here is, when I'm asking, "Well why doesn't this work," and I proceed to discuss my algorithm, I'll find the problem, try a fix, and boom, I'm set.  Don't just be mindlessly typing your problem - be interactive with yourself in trying to solve it.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: Myndfyre on November 24, 2003, 11:49 PM
Quote from: St0rm.iD on November 24, 2003, 09:55 PM

Is this a standard thing you say, Storm, to all newbies?  ;)

The part about Python is. It's way better for newbies than VB, IMO.

ObsidianWolf

If you want any help you can contact me, i get people started all the time on basic programming

13-yr-Old-Newb

Obsidian, Do you have msn or aim or anything because I would like to learn vb and you said you would help me get started so leave a post and maybe you could teach me.
Thanks.
-- 13-yr-old-newb

ObsidianWolf

|