• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

wanting to make a bot

Started by 13-yr-Old-Newb, November 24, 2003, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

13-yr-Old-Newb

I wanna make a bot but i have to learn a language first.  Im in gr 8 and im pretty good on computeres(thats like all i do) so i figure y not.  I should try to make a bot.  Im not trying to make anything to complicated just something that can connect to bnet.  then when im done that start expanding.  could someone please tell me where i can start.  if you could that would be great

Dyndrilliac

I would say get aquanted with a  language first. One of the easiest that instantly comes to mind is Visual Basic.

You can find tutorials at places like Here and good books are invaluable. Once you have an understanding of the language you choose, if you happen to be using Visual Basic, I suggest using CupHead's CSB(Clean Slate Bot) OCX(Active X Control) and his tutorial on making a basic bot to connect with. That should get you started.
Quote from: Edsger W. DijkstraIt is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

______

Quote from: 13-yr-Old-Newb on November 24, 2003, 02:55 PM
could someone please tell me where i can start.
I can tell you where to start when you learn a language, whenever you are trying to connect to battle.net, connect to *Server* and port 6112

*Server* = any battle.net server your connecting to, Example USEast.battle.net

13-yr-Old-Newb

lol i know what a server is i use bots and all and i make websites usin html its not like im a total newb just at making bots  :)

MyndFyre

Quote from: 13-yr-Old-Newb on November 24, 2003, 03:46 PM
lol i know what a server is i use bots and all and i make websites usin html its not like im a total newb just at making bots  :)

Whoa!  Guys!  He MAKES WEBSITES USIN HTML!!!!!
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

13-yr-Old-Newb

hey myndfire YOUR STUPID im 13 i dont talk perfect lol so i talk in slang big deal when u were younger i bet u did or if u still are young i bet your a fag at school

13-yr-Old-Newb

no i dont know any programming languages.  i want to learn vb but dont know where and im too cheap to buy a book i was looking for a website

Kp

Quote from: 13-yr-Old-Newb on November 24, 2003, 04:04 PM
hey myndfire YOUR STUPID im 13 i dont talk perfect lol so i talk in slang big deal when u were younger i bet u did or if u still are young i bet your a fag at school

Attacking more experienced members of the community is not conducive to getting good responses.  As we've explained to countless other people (which you would have seen if you'd looked around), proper typing makes it much easier to read a post.  Posts which are easy to read are answered more readily.  See the connection?
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

MyndFyre

Quote from: UserLoser. on November 24, 2003, 04:05 PM
Quote from: 13-yr-Old-Newb on November 24, 2003, 04:04 PM

I'd have to disagree, from what I've seen I believe Myndfyre usually knows what he's talking about

Edit: Spelling

Well TY.  :-)
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

13-yr-Old-Newb

whatever sorry mindfyre but u dissed me cuz i talk in slang lol

MyndFyre

Quote from: 13-yr-Old-Newb on November 24, 2003, 05:03 PM

Actually, I was making fun of you for bragging that you know HTML, although I was emphasizing the "usin" comment for understatement; well, nevermind, I'm not going to take the time to explain it now.  I'm at work.

You might want to check out this forum: http://forum.valhallalegends.com/phpbbs/index.php?board=24 .  It's the Computer Science Classes forum; there are several people here willing to take time out of their day, including myself, to teach people programming skills.  I am actually offering two courses, both in C#, but one has had no interest (the total newb course), so it might be dropped.  Let me emphasize that, at least for my classes, I won't get into botmaking skills, such as Sockets communication, until at least after the 201-level class, which is not yet posted.  Also, my 101 class will not be a good primer for introductory programming; we go over all of the lingo in the 100-level class (such as the distinction between a class and member method, and a variable and identifier - stuff you need to know when you're compiling) - but as I said, it hasn't had any response, and I won't do it for only one or two people.

Anyway, take a look around, and hopefully you'll find something that interests you, and possibly take away some programming skills while you're at it.  I am almost entirely self-taught, and I've found that with a good book or web tutorial, you should be able to get involved fairly easily.

Cheers,

--Rob

iago

Quote from: 13-yr-Old-Newb on November 24, 2003, 05:03 PM

They call it "slang" now?  i've always referred to that as "idiot", but that's just me.  And yes, even in grade 8 I talked in complete sentences and spelled correctly, because I know that if I didn't, people would look down on me.  It's hard enough to make a good impression when you're younger, but why make it more difficult?  

You'll quickly find that you have to earn respect here, there aren't any easy answers.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

13-yr-Old-Newb

Okay.  I will talk in normal sentences and say laugh out loud instead of lol.  If it earns me respect and if people will help me learn how to make a bot then I guess I will start to type correctly.  I've never been to a forum like this one before so I did not know.
                 Sorry to everyone -- 13-yr-old-newb

iago

Saying "laugh out loud" is going too far, in my opinion.

And this is a good place to stick around, you'll learn a lot if you keep up.  
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

13-yr-Old-Newb

Alright then, I'll stick around and learn as much as I can and hopefully someday, I can make a bot.

Thanks people,

13-yr-old-newb