• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Tell us now!

Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Mitosis

I just got Linux SuSE. It's great. Are you guys Mac bashers?

iago

Mac is great.  Windows has been copying Mac for like 18 years, but they're always a step behind.

The difference is that Microsoft is extremely good at marketing.  And as long as the major software companies keep making software for Windows, and the hardware companies keep making drivers for Windows, people are going to keep using Microsoft products.

Incidentally, I am extremely happy that Doom 3 was released for Linux.  Not that I like Doom 3, but now two of the major games (Quake 2 [I think] and Doom 3) have Linux ports.  This means that companies are finally realizing that there IS a market on Linux.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Soul Taker

Quote from: iago on October 07, 2004, 07:31 AM
Incidentally, I am extremely happy that Doom 3 was released for Linux.  Not that I like Doom 3, but now two of the major games (Quake 2 [I think] and Doom 3) have Linux ports.  This means that companies are finally realizing that there IS a market on Linux.
All Linux users are pirates and just steal all their software anyway!!!

</joke>

iago

I don't have a single piece of pirated software on Linux, there's no need for it.

The only thing I'd like to have (I'm considering buying) is VMWare Workstation, so I can run a virtual Windows machine to play games on.  But I'm in no rush to get that.

Hitmen

Quote from: iago on October 07, 2004, 07:31 AM
This means that companies are finally realizing that there IS a market on Linux.
Not really. This means that id is realizing that there is a market on linux :P

Thing

Quote from: Mitosis on October 07, 2004, 06:02 AM
Did you buy your SuSE?
Novell is releasing 9.2 during the first part of November.  I will be purchasing my copy of Pro as soon as it's ready.  :)
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

iago

Quote from: Thing on October 07, 2004, 02:42 PM
Quote from: Mitosis on October 07, 2004, 06:02 AM
Did you buy your SuSE?
Novell is releasing 9.2 during the first part of November. I will be purchasing my copy of Pro as soon as it's ready. :)

Paying for Linux -- that's blasphemy!

Mitosis

I downloaded it.
Man my uncle is so lucky. He owns a computer store and just got a new Powerbook 15". It's so sweet. He just gave his son (my cousin) his G5.  Dual 2.0GHz 27" Apple Monitor. WOoo it's so sweet. Ya I used to have the old iMac G4. In a couple years I am going to get a powerbook.

hismajesty

new ringtone -white wedding :D

Banana fanna fo fanna

FreeBSD is where it's at.

Akamas

Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

Mitosis

OS X Tiger looks great.

iago

My OS choice has nothing to do with appearance, it's about speed and functionality.  I love racing my Windows computer (2.8ghz) and Linux computer (800mhz) on simple tasks and seeing Linux consistantly win :-)

SNiFFeR

I like racing my brothers, just to find out the skinnier one always wins.

Thing

QuotePaying for Linux -- that's blasphemy!

I don't consider it as much "Paying for Linux" as I do "Paying Novell's lawyers".  Helping pay the attorney fees in their fight with SCO makes me feel better.  I also just bought 6 IBM workstations for a client.  :)
That sucking sound you hear is my bandwidth.

|