Started by Thing, November 22, 2003, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

QwertyMonster

Topaz

Newby

D&D was so incredibly awesome.

I'll sum up the highlighting battle of today:

We are supposed to go through 4 buildings to kill 4 kobold champions at the top of each. We went through 2 successfully today. In building two:

After fighting a group of 7 kobolds, we were going to enter a very crimson-ish room (there was a window and we could see red).

Our fighter had 2 hp (as opposed to his 12 hp max) and our sorcerer had 2 hp as well. Our cleric had 7 hp and no healing spells, and I had 6hp (full) and I'm a halfling rogue.

So, we have 15 minutes before our parents show up, and we can't decide whether or not we should go back to town to heal/rest, or finish off the last room.

The DM hinted that if we left there wouldn't be much to kill on our way back. My friend Grant (the cleric) said "No, we can take it."

So, I used move silently and opened the door. They spotted me. There was an orc, a kobold champion, a skeleton warrior, and a lizard man character.

Earlier on, we fought two orcs. One of them managed to knock our fighter down 9hp in 1 hit. So, I knew it was a formidable opponent.

The kobold champion was quite ferocious too. He had a nice sword.

The skeleton had damage reduction (-5 damage if it wasn't bludgeoning) so he was a bitch too.

So, seeing as how my crew rolled > 13 initiative checks and the DM did 13, we all went first.

I went first!

I took aim with my heavy crossbow, and rolled a d20...

I got a 20!

At this point, my entire team jumps up and we give each other high fives.

So, I roll my 1d8 for damage.

I get a 6!

Times two, is a twelve!

Yes! I pop the kobold champion, and he falls to the ground, defeated, his head having a nice big fat hole from my crossbow bolt, and his brains all over the wall. At this point, the rest of my party advances to meet me. The mage casts magic missiles on the orc, and the orc takes 2 damage. The DM's turn...

The skeleton warrior bashes through the door and runs at me. The DM rolls his d20 to hit...

It rolls a 20! A critical hit! :X

This is looking bad. Very bad. I'm the best character on the team right now, and if I get killed we're fucked.

He rolls the 1d6 for damage. Basically, if he gets a 3 or better I'm unconscious. And since we have no healing spells, we're juden fucked. :(

He rolls a 2. My heart literally stopped beating as the dice rolled. So, I have 2hp.

The round is over, and it's my turn. I decide to hit the skeleton for 2 damage with my short sword. So, I do nothing since damage reduction takes away all the damage.

My friend does magic missiles on the lizardman again, this time for 3 damage. So, the lizardman has -5 hp.

My friend, the cleric, comes up, and hits the skeleton for some miniscule amount of damage, the point being that he did a bit of damage to the skeleton.

My friend, the fighter, comes up...

He swings at the lizardman, and hits him! 2d6+3 damage takes his ass the fuck out. His cleave comes into play, and he swings at the orc! Bam! He hits him! 2d6+3 > orc.

The skeleton, scared because its friends just got knocked the fuck out, swings at me, but the fuck misses.

My friend magic missiles him for 4 damage, and the skeleton is nearing the end of its life.

I swing my dagger, hit him for a critical hit (x3 with my punching dagger), and roll a 3. I do 4 damage, and apparently my punching dagger went through his eye socket and out the back of his skull, totally slaughtering him.

Skeletons are no fun to kill. If I had a warhammer, smashing them would be nowhere near as satisfying as smashing something with guts, seeing as how I could slam their corpse inbetween my hammer and a wall, splattering them like a bug.

Damn, I'm violent. :(

Yes, that was a lot of typing, but I feel it was necessary to bring up how totally awesome that was. That made my week.

293 experience total today. 8)

(If you skipped my post, I feel your pain. If I wasn't into D&D or I wasn't a geek, reading this would be painful.)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Topaz

You're such a loser, Newby

shout

It was fun to read.

I just bought this awsome plexiglass case from one of my friends for $12 + Harry Potter ticket. The only thing is I have no screws for the power supply. So the case is on its side with the powersupply freely resting on the inside of the case. Ill get pics soon.

CrAz3D

Whoo, just finished redoing my schedule since 2 of my wanted classes were full.

monday:
french 1030-1120
psych 1130-1220

tuesday:
cs 855-1010
french 1020-1110
philosophy 1145-1

wednesday:
psych lab: 930-1020
french 1030-1120
psychology 1130-1220

thursday:
cs 855-1010
french 1020-1110
philosophy 1145-1

CS is computer literacy :( boo.

But no friday classes!  & it looks like I can keep my job too, awesomeness
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

CrAz3D

Sunday Excursion:

Rocks

Truck on rocks

More rocks
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

shout

CrAz3D

WHOO!
Made a website geared towards my F150
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/5025-9157-142103.jpg

I'll be trying to setup an apache srever on my desktop once I get home from work.

Also, my P.I.E. adapter should be there when I get home so I can install that into my truck in the morning & have CD quality sound coming through my stereo from my iPod.  Too bad I only drive my truck on weekends :(
(ré-bun-dance)

CrAz3D

Precision Interface Electronic's Ford F150 auxilary input adapter is here!
So is my book, "Do as I say (Not as I do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocricy"
(ré-bun-dance)

Explicit

I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

Topaz

You're hosting it on your machine?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Topaz on November 21, 2005, 09:59 PM
You're hosting it on your machine?
Yeah, I'm currently too cheap to buy hosting & a domain
(ré-bun-dance)

|