• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

68k (680x0) sucks

Started by iago, February 10, 2003, 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

There, I said it.  

I write my homework in x86 then convert it! grrr@learning outdated archetectures (I'm so mad I can't even spell it! :))
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Adron

It doesn't really suck. It's a much nicer architecture to learn than ix86. It just suffers from ibm pc getting popular. Besides, as far as I know, x86 assembler has a very small share of todays total assembler instruction sets.

Grok

As I understand it, a significant emphases of the design of the motorola 68000 was for programmers.

iago

Ok, it doesn't suck then.  It's just a pain to have to learn if after knowing something that's more difficult.  Although "blt" is must better than the x86 equivolant because it makes me think of a sandwich, and "bra" is the best instruction in any set by far :)

KaSiaL

LOL, I'm a student of Authomation & Robotics at the Silesian Technical University in Poland. Last year on the Microprocessor Techniques classes we programming 68k-s, too. ;D We were also messing with i805x, AT91x, Analog-Digital Converters, serial port communication and bunch more.

Grok

YES!!  Now we have a pole to make fun of   :P

Etheran

grrr, everybody has these interesting classes but me.. I'm stuck with CIS-1A (introduction to computers)!!!!
They made me take it, btw.

Yoni

Err, is that introduction to computers, or introduction to computer science?

Grok

Quotegrrr, everybody has these interesting classes but me.. I'm stuck with CIS-1A (introduction to computers)!!!!
They made me take it, btw.

You dummy.  Have you ever heard of going to the dean to get permission to skip the class?  Also, if computer science is your major and you can test out of the class, just ask for the final exam.  Either the dean writes a waiver or you test out of the class.  Don't waste valuable time and money being stupid taking classes designed for stupid people.

Not intended to flame here, just to say man that's stupid taking classes you can already pass.  You're a student there to learn, not a potatoe to be processed.  You DON'T have to go through the assembly line.

iago

You're making the assumption that it's a College/University level course.  Chances are, he's in Highschool and they don't care how much you know, you have to take the course if it's required :)

Grok

Oh. LOL.  Damn good point iago.

Etheran

But I'm not and I'm taking it anyways.  It would be a hassle to try and get into another class now because I need 12+ units.  If I drop CIS-1a it brings me down to 9 and that's not cool with FSA.

Grok

QuoteBut I'm not and I'm taking it anyways.  It would be a hassle to try and get into another class now because I need 12+ units.  If I drop CIS-1a it brings me down to 9 and that's not cool with FSA.

Only 12 units?  That explains why you're a compsci student and have time for so much counterstrike.

Etheran

hehe.. I'll have more units next semester.

Banana fanna fo fanna

"OK class, open visual basics"