• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

68k (680x0) sucks

Started by iago, February 10, 2003, 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Etheran

First class assignment: email the teacher!!

iago

QuoteFirst class assignment: email the teacher!!

Should mailbomb her, might get bonus marks!
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Yoni

QuoteShould mailbomb her, might get bonus marks!
Write a program in 680x0 assembly that does that!

iago

QuoteWrite a program in 680x0 assembly that does that!

Impossible; for 68k we're using an ugly virtual machine, so we can't do anything outside of it.

Nova1313

actualyl some highschools care. I tested out of vb coarse at my school pricipal gave me permission. If you goto guidence if you are a senior in highschool some colleges let you take courses there at night for college and highschool credit it's what im doing..

I have school from 8-3 then I take 3 college classes at night during the week(all year but 1 last semester 2 this semester) . This semester I have cs 2 and a calc class.

They all ended up getting paid for by the college as When you do it you get excepted into the dean scholars program there. Most colleges offer this they just dont tell you about it.

It's hard and it takes alot of time management skill and be prepared to have no life but in the long run i think it's worth it. If honors physics 2 in highschool wasn't 8th period they would let me out 4th period so id have more time but there are scheduling restrictions for me.

As for the outdated processors yes i know they suck. We just got through assembly on a mac - 1 machine which is a simple machine that was made up in a book a really long time ago. Someone actually went and implimented it made a little emulator and you can write assembly for it. Things like that I'll never use but boy was it an experience.

Grok

Big mistake, in my opinion.  This is a little off topic of assembly.

You only are 17-18 once in your life.  You damn well ought to be having fun, dating girls, going out with friends, living carefree.  Don't give up the best time of your life to be sitting in classrooms.

You may learn a little more knowledge but you won't get any smarter for the effort.  Your 'career' will be just as on-track whether you start it at 17 or 18, so just have fun and then study hard in college.

Grok has spoken.

Banana fanna fo fanna

What should I do, being 15?

iago

You should jump off the biggest cliff you can find onto some pointy rocks.

Banana fanna fo fanna

iago

Do it again, but make sure you do it head first this time.

Etheran

Quote from: St0rm.iD on April 04, 2003, 09:46 PM
What should I do, being 15?
Grok said 17-18, so you have two to three more years left. :p