• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

My new comp Im getting

Started by Mitosis, November 17, 2003, 05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Mitosis

Grok, thanks alot for your help man I really apreciate it, I learned something new and I did it on my own (with your explanation of how, of course :)), well thanks again man.

iago

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Mitosis

Yeah, the only problem now is that I dont have an anti virus and I just got a fucking Blaster Worm and deleted it with Mircrosofts patch.

j0k3r

The 5 minutes is not a break, it's the time it takes to get around the halls of my school to the next class.
QuoteAnyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of course, living in a state of sin
John Vo

Mitosis

No your wrong for me...
this is how it gos
classes start at 9 am
recess 10:30 - 10:45
class 10:45 - 12 pm
12 to 1 is lunch break
1 - 2:30 is classes
2:45 to 3:30 is classes
3:35 is dissmisal

Grok

Quote from: Mitosis on November 19, 2003, 05:47 PM
Grok, thanks alot for your help man I really apreciate it, I learned something new and I did it on my own (with your explanation of how, of course :)), well thanks again man.

I have renewed hope for you!

In the future, when several people are telling you the same advice, if you're having trouble following it, the fault probably is with you, not with the advice.

Just thought of something funny.  Most of the time when several vL tell you to reformat C:, we're just messing with someone.  In your case we were actually trying to help!

Mitosis

Well, Grok, when I was re-installing windows it didnt delete the old portion, I would press D and it would say it cant delete it.... so therefore I got a new fresh xp but my old xp is still on here..

Probe

is a 160GB harddrive really necessary?

Hitmen

Not necessary, but the extra space is always good to have.

Grok

And it's ridiculously cheap.

DarkVirus

Did I mention I bought an 80 gig drive for my system and I've only used about 17 gigs even when including all my software, developer tools, music, etc....  160 is definately a little excessive :)

Mitosis, remember what I said last night? You need to boot either using boot disks (Windows XP Professional) or from the cd so you can get to the setup screen. If you start the installation from inside Windows, you can only install a "fresh" copy of windows but not delete the old installation. For this reason you need to delete your partition (or thats what I always do, saves potential problems for later) by booting into the setup. If you don't, you will just get the same problem you recieved because the C: drive is still using temporary files and can't delete them. I can't seem to stress that enough to you :)
To restrict ones ability to learn based on current surroundings means to never learn anything at all. - DarkVirus

Mitosis

Well the boot disks wont work, second of all It did give me the option to delete, and I tried and an error would come up saying it cannot delete it..

Skywing

Quote from: DarkVirus on November 20, 2003, 02:58 PM
Did I mention I bought an 80 gig drive for my system and I've only used about 17 gigs even when including all my software, developer tools, music, etc....  160 is definately a little excessive :)

Mitosis, remember what I said last night? You need to boot either using boot disks (Windows XP Professional) or from the cd so you can get to the setup screen. If you start the installation from inside Windows, you can only install a "fresh" copy of windows but not delete the old installation. For this reason you need to delete your partition (or thats what I always do, saves potential problems for later) by booting into the setup. If you don't, you will just get the same problem you recieved because the C: drive is still using temporary files and can't delete them. I can't seem to stress that enough to you :)
160GB may be excessive for your uses, but other people may have different needs.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: Grok on November 19, 2003, 07:04 PM
Quote from: Mitosis on November 19, 2003, 05:47 PM

I have renewed hope for you!

In the future, when several people are telling you the same advice, if you're having trouble following it, the fault probably is with you, not with the advice.

Just thought of something funny.  Most of the time when several vL tell you to reformat C:, we're just messing with someone.  In your case we were actually trying to help!

Grok, I think he was sucking up. :P

And recess, man, I haven't had that since 6th grade.

Do you have a playground?

Crypticflare

Everyone has differnt courses, heres my scheduling.

8:30 - 9:55 (Class 1)
9:55-10:10 (Break)
10:15-11:30 (Class 2)
11:30-11:55 (Lunch)
12:00-1:45 (Class 3 )

1:45 (Senior release, I go home.)

Also, playgrounds rule, though we haven't touched ours since 6th grade...sigh.. the good ol' days of red rover.

|