My new comp Im getting

Started by Mitosis, November 17, 2003, 05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Spht

Quote from: iago on November 18, 2003, 10:25 AM
Quote from: Grok on November 17, 2003, 07:04 PM
Quote from: Mitosis on November 17, 2003, 06:09 PM
I know how to install ****ing windows Xp or operating systems, like I stated before, when I would pop the cd in, it wouldnt install!
Just because my computer wouldnt install it doesnt mean I dont know how, and I know I dont know shit about programming or alot about comps, but Im just saying I do know how to install an OS.

You need to put it in, shut the CD door, shut down the computer, let it power off, (by the way, the WinXP CD should still be in the drive).  Now power it up, and when it starts looking for a bootable device, it will start with CD (assuming you made those BIOS changes AND SAVED THEM), and display a message like ...

Isn't leaving a cd in the drive when the computer's off harmful to the machine? ;)

Since when?

iago

Quote from: Spht on November 18, 2003, 10:30 AM
I know how to install ****ing windows Xp or operating systems, like I stated before, when I would pop the cd in, it wouldnt install!
Just because my computer wouldnt install it doesnt mean I dont know how, and I know I dont know shit about programming or alot about comps, but Im just saying I do know how to install an OS.

You need to put it in, shut the CD door, shut down the computer, let it power off, (by the way, the WinXP CD should still be in the drive).  Now power it up, and when it starts looking for a bootable device, it will start with CD (assuming you made those BIOS changes AND SAVED THEM), and display a message like ...

Isn't leaving a cd in the drive when the computer's off harmful to the machine? ;)

Since when?

I was lying; notice the winkey? :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Spht

Quote from: iago on November 18, 2003, 10:35 AM
Quote from: Spht on November 18, 2003, 10:30 AM

Since when?

I was lying; notice the winkey? :)

I thought the winkey meant SO NOW YOU'RE SCREWED!

iago

nono, it means "You'd better not believe this, or you're a moron"

Grok

I have little confidence that Mitosis has actually gone into his BIOS settings.  When asked what his BIOS version number is, his reply was Plug and Play.  Since I'd really like to see him save his money, and since he and I apparently have a communication gap, maybe someone else can help him differently, with more success.

There's no reason why he has the only PC in the world that won't boot to CD.  Someone help him.

iago

I have actually had a computer that wouldn't boot to cd, and it was incredibly annoying.  However, that was an olde 486, and I don't think a P3 would change that.

Mitosis - when you boot the computer, it'll say "Press <F1> to enter Setup" or "Press Del to enter setup" or something like that.  Do you see it?

Mitosis

Yes and I went into the bois, moved the arrow key to the right to the BOOT tab, there is no boot from cd in there.

iago

Quote from: Mitosis on November 18, 2003, 04:52 PM
Yes and I went into the bois, moved the arrow key to the right to the BOOT tab, there is no boot from cd in there.

Write down the list of options and post it here.

Naem

اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

Mitosis

Quote from: iago on November 18, 2003, 05:14 PM
Quote from: Mitosis on November 18, 2003, 04:52 PM

Write down the list of options and post it here.

AwardBIOS Setup Utility

Main / Advanced / Power / Boot / Exit

iago

Mitosis

Quote from: iago on November 18, 2003, 06:16 PM
What's it say under boot?

/ Boot \ [thats the tab]

1) Removable Device = [Disabled]
2) IDE Hard-Drive = [WDCWD400BB-00DEAO]
3) Atapi CD-ROM = [Atapi 44xCDROM]
4) Other Boot Device = [INTI8Device(Network)]

Plug and Play O/S = [No]
Reset Configuration = [No]
Boot Virus Detection = [Enabled]
Quick Power On Self Test = [Enabled]
Boot Up Floppy Seek = [Enabled]
Full Screen Logo = [Enabled]

Hostile

Quote from: Mitosis on November 17, 2003, 05:42 PM
Photo Shop 10.0

And here I thought the latest version was CS(8.0). hehe You must be one special guy to skip 2 versions ahead into the future. Hey did they finally add mind reader cards to just import the mental image youre thinking of directly into Photoshop?
- Hostile is sexy.

Mitosis

Quote from: Hostile on November 18, 2003, 06:58 PM
Quote from: Mitosis on November 17, 2003, 05:42 PM
Photo Shop 10.0

And here I thought the latest version was CS(8.0). hehe You must be one special guy to skip 2 versions ahead into the future. Hey did they finally add mind reader cards to just import the mental image youre thinking of directly into Photoshop?

Thats what my brother told me so I dunno..

Mitosis

Quote from: Mitosis on November 18, 2003, 06:41 PM
Quote from: iago on November 18, 2003, 06:16 PM
What's it say under boot?

/ Boot \ [thats the tab]

1) Removable Device = [Disabled]
2) IDE Hard-Drive = [WDCWD400BB-00DEAO]
3) Atapi CD-ROM = [Atapi 44xCDROM]
4) Other Boot Device = [INTI8Device(Network)]

Plug and Play O/S = [No]
Reset Configuration = [No]
Boot Virus Detection = [Enabled]