• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Sent to Void

Started by Wolf, October 15, 2003, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

Hey, battle.net did something screwed up yesterday. I don't know if this has ever effected anyone here, but when I made my bot log onto bnet using Starcraft Expansion, I was automatically sent to the void and could not join different channels. Now today when I logged back into bnet, I was able to join all the channels again. How ever, when I logged into b.net using the game client I had no problems, but when I logged back on with my bot, I was sent to the void again and couldn't join any channels what so ever. Anyone care to figure this one out?
:-\
Seen as +i!+Wolf+i!+, (i!)~Wolf~(i!)

Lenny

Quote from: Wolf on October 15, 2003, 01:12 PM
Hey, battle.net did something screwed up yesterday. I don't know if this has ever effected anyone here, but when I made my bot log onto bnet using Starcraft Expansion, I was automatically sent to the void and could not join different channels. Now today when I logged back into bnet, I was able to join all the channels again. How ever, when I logged into b.net using the game client I had no problems, but when I logged back on with my bot, I was sent to the void again and couldn't join any channels what so ever. Anyone care to figure this one out?
:-\
Just to question the obvious, where they using the same CDKey? (didn't mention you were)
Did battle.net send you any message?
The Bovine Revolution
Something unimportant

Live Battle.net:

WARNING: The preceding message may have contained content unsuitable for young children.

hismajesty

Hmm...this happended to me as well, I obviously thought that the key was jailed and I switched keys; thus, it was all fixed...maybe your key was jailed? If in fact you were using the same key then...I have no clue.

Wolf

The CD Key's were not in use, and there are no restrections on they key. I never had a problem, it just reconnected once (at a 10 second interval) and poof, into the void

iago

Make sure you're not using Spawn .. I did that recently :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Adron

This is strange, so many people having the same problem at the same time.... Did anything change?

Skywing

Quote from: iago on October 15, 2003, 04:23 PM
Make sure you're not using Spawn .. I did that recently :)
The server would have banned them immediately after entering chat if they had attempted to use spawn with Brood War.

iago

Quote from: Adron on October 15, 2003, 05:48 PM
This is strange, so many people having the same problem at the same time.... Did anything change?

Well, I discovered why it was happening to me, because BC automatically sets "spawn" if it gets cdkey-in-use error.  Simple fix is to just use BW.

Wolf

Here's the situation, I made a bot to run my account (i!)~Wolf~(i!) 24/7 for the channel and to keep my illigal active. I had a CD Key that nobody uses, the settings have been the same ever since I first built it. I has been logged on to bnet with a CD Key nobody else knows, with starcraft expansion (Not spawn). Yesterday the connection gave away on it and it was forced to restart. From there it logged back into bnet only to be sent to the void. I later logged onto that account name and CD Key with my Brood War client and had no problems, but when I logged onto bnet with my bot again, it was sent to the void. It only worked when I put my client on Warcraft 2 BNE, and I had noticed any client in the i! channel with Starcraft or Broodwar could not join the channel.

<9:14:58 PM> Connected To Battle.net at 1:05:28 PM
<9:14:58 PM> Battle.net Accepted Your Game Version
<9:14:58 PM> CDKey Verified!
<9:14:59 PM> Login Passed!
<9:14:59 PM> Logged On as: (i!)~Wolf~(i!)
<9:14:59 PM> Joined Channel: The Void
<9:14:59 PM> This channel does not have chat privileges.

iago

Sounds like a problem with your bot, then.. are you sure your bot isn't trying to set you to spawn?

Perhaps you're doing something on your bot different from the game client.. packetlogs might be a good idea..

Wolf

No spawn, and my bot sits idle

______

logon using the actuall game , do you still get sent to the void, if so could it be your username?

Kp

Quote from: Wolf on October 15, 2003, 10:17 PM
I had noticed any client in the i! channel with Starcraft or Broodwar could not join the channel.
What sequence of messages does your client use to enter the home channel?  This note makes me wonder if somebody banned all SC/BW people in i!, so the cdkey was prohibited from joining.  IIRC, attempting to forcejoin a channel from which you are banned sends you to The Void.  If your client tried to join i! directly at logon, the situation I describe would bring about the result you're seeing.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

UserLoser

WiLD

Posted by: UserLoser
Maybe hes on JSTR
i though JSTR was restricted to public channels? eg; open tech support
=_=  &&  g0dFraY  &&  -=Templar=-  @USWest