• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

MSNM

Started by Invert, August 22, 2003, 04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

iago

Nooo, Trillian! :(

I'm sure 3rd party software will be prepared with the newest version.. if not, /over :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Invert

You do not know how they plan on doing the verification of their client so being "sure" that 3ed party software will be able to use their servers is dumb.

iago

Eventually it'll be fixed, though

Naem

Will the new version have Palladium or something in it?
اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

Invert

Fixed? What if they have authentication similar to Skywings BC? How do you fix that?

Quote from: Naem on August 22, 2003, 11:37 PM
Will the new version have Palladium or something in it?

It might, but i think Palladium is developed for Windows OS's.

Skywing

Quote from: Invert on August 22, 2003, 06:31 PM
You do not know how they plan on doing the verification of their client so being "sure" that 3ed party software will be able to use their servers is dumb.
Actually, I have a very good idea how, given that I already support emulating MSN Messenger 5.0/Windows Messenger 4.7.

Their "ace in the hole" is a new, undocumented user authentication system based on Passport tickets and SSL.  Additionally, they tried encrypting client challenge data in the executable (to no avail).

According to my research there are no now unknown commands which MSN Messenger 5.0 handles.

I'm confident that this won't be that much of a stopping point.

Invert

Ok Sir. MSNM is up to version 6.0 now and they plan on making you upgrade so everything you know about up to 5.* could be useless.

Do you know how 6.0 is different or will become different with their upcoming new patch and system?

Adron

Well, 6.0 supports webcam, and Skywing's bot doesn't, so obviously it's obsolete :P

Skywing

Quote from: Invert on August 23, 2003, 03:45 PM
Ok Sir. MSNM is up to version 6.0 now and they plan on making you upgrade so everything you know about up to 5.* could be useless.

Do you know how 6.0 is different or will become different with their upcoming new patch and system?
Actually, they plan on making you upgrade to MSN Messenger 5.0 or Windows Messenger 4.7.

Besides that, I do know a bit about MSNP9, the protocol used by MSN Messenger 6.0.   At least the basic authentication schemes were the same as MSNP8.  Most of the additions were related to new commands to support the new features and functionality.

iago

Yay, trillian has been updated and is now complaint.  Ha!

Naem

Please update MSNClient, Skywing.   :(

Skywing

Quote from: Naem on September 17, 2003, 09:19 PM
Please update MSNClient, Skywing.   :(
What needs updating the most?  See if you can come up with a list for me.

Naem

For a day or two it was logging in, connecting, and disconnecting like a minute later. Works now... weird.

Naem

Quote from: Naem on September 18, 2003, 08:17 AM
For a day or two it was logging in, connecting, and disconnecting like a minute later. Works now... weird.

It's doing it again...