This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Naem

اگر بتوانید این را بهخوابید ، من را "پی ام" کنید

Grok

Table:  $119 at Furniture Store

Chair:  $59 at Wal-Mart

Monitor  Cradenza:  $65 and labor

Losing almost no workspace except in the back corners of the table:  priceless!

Grok

Raven

My desk is sort of similar to that, except I don't have that nifty bookshelf. But the actual drawers more than make up for it. If I still had that digital-camera-like-thing, I'd show it to you guys. Fortunately, the desks they give us at the University are alot nicer. I'll feel spoiled. ;)

TheMinistered

CrAz3D

How can y'all be so unorganized?  Grok's is nice & clean, tghe way it should be.

I'm a neat freak, everything has its respective place & is there unless needed.  My desk is all "pretty" ;)
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Nova1313

I work 14 hours a day 6 days a week. So the day I am home my desk gets cleaned. For the rest of time mail and bills pile up. I have all that nice stuff but i dont get to use it hardly ever which is a true shame. :/

Grok

I need to know the recommended maximum length of EIDE cables, so I can mount my CDR/DVD in the lower-left shelf of my computer rack, and move the computer into a quiet housing.  Does anyone know these lengths and can save me a search?

Adron

Quote from: Grok on July 21, 2003, 06:34 AM
I need to know the recommended maximum length of EIDE cables, so I can mount my CDR/DVD in the lower-left shelf of my computer rack, and move the computer into a quiet housing.  Does anyone know these lengths and can save me a search?

I think the recommended maximum length is around 40 cm.

Grok

That means I will need an external interface.  Should I look for a USB2 adapter for EIDE to connect the CD-R or is something easier and cheaper available that won't decrease performance of the CD-R?

Adron

Quote from: Grok on July 21, 2003, 09:30 AM
That means I will need an external interface.  Should I look for a USB2 adapter for EIDE to connect the CD-R or is something easier and cheaper available that won't decrease performance of the CD-R?

What about Serial ATA? I think those cables can be longer...

Grok

Something like this?  $20.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/doc2/a21040.html

Controller cards appear to run about $50.

Cable (http://www.mwave.com/mwave/doc2/a00306.html) about $9.

$79 + shipping to move CD drive 1m away from computer.  Hmm.