• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

CD-Key in use by _____ .

Started by EnCoDe, July 17, 2003, 12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnCoDe

How do I get the name of the person who is using the CD-Key if I try to connect and it's in use? (VB6)

WiLD

What are you using? CleanSlateBot?
=_=  &&  g0dFraY  &&  -=Templar=-  @USWest

Camel

Taken from BnetDocs:

Packet ID: 0x51
Direction: Server -> Client (Received)
Format:
Help (DWORD)       Result
(STRING)       Additional Information
0x201: CD key in use (Additional info field supplies name of user)

Nova1313

Select Case nResult
             Case &H0
                 Addtext "anerror", "Invalid CD-KEY" & vbCrLf, 1, True
             Case &H1
                 Debug.Print Len(strCurrentData)
                 usedkey = Mid(strCurrentData, 9, Len(strCurrentData) - 9)
                 Addtext "anerror", "Cdkey In use by the installation name in brackets [" & usedkey & "]" & vbCrLf, 1, True

in that used key is the name.

CrAz3D

QuoteHow do I get the name of the person who is using the CD-Key if I try to connect and it's in use? (VB6)
I think he means he wants to know who is ACTUALLY using that key.  Like the users's name.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Camel

Even if bnet knew, which it doesnt, it probably wouldnt tell.

CrAz3D

I'd think that they know everything that goes through their servers, otherwise it could pose a problem.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Maddox

Of course battle.net knows what username is on what cdkey. How else do you think they ban/mute keys?
asdf.

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

R.a.B.B.i.T

i second cr4z3d's idea!

well...actually...bnet doesnt link cdkeys to usernames to dish out to people....it uses the value stored when you install the software (remember the little box above the cdkey inputs?)  i have no idea where thats stored tho.............ooo cuphead thats a good idea, add a .InUse like CleanSlateBot1.InUse = "Bob the magical elf" or something...i dunno i just came up with it.......
ANYWAYS BACK TO MY ORIGINAL TRAIN OF THOUGHT!!

if you could find wher bnet apps store their "registered to" values, you could load a bot on your key, and try to login, and get the error (so you can packet-capture it) :O you could probably then use a IF-THEN-ELSEIF statement to display the InUse values....because 99.9% of bots probably dont have the file with it...and it would be a pain to change anyways..i think.......hmm am i rambling?

Camel

It's in an mpq file; get a cd key viewer.

EnCoDe

I was actually asking how I get the acount name that is using my cd-key if i am connecting and it's in use. (remember on normal SC client when says: "Your CD-Key is in use by: <name> ")

I'm using a hashed bot. None of that CSB/BNLS stuff.

Skywing

Quote from: EnCoDe on July 18, 2003, 03:02 AM
I was actually asking how I get the acount name that is using my cd-key if i am connecting and it's in use. (remember on normal SC client when says: "Your CD-Key is in use by: <name> ")

I'm using a hashed bot. None of that CSB/BNLS stuff.
You don't.  SC gets it from the reply to the CD-key check message, and it's just an arbitrary, short string specified by the remote client.  Thus not really that useful, unfortunately.

EnCoDe

Well I have seen many bots that are able to do this (eg: MadChat). Does anyone have the code for this?

Mesiah / haiseM

It depends on what you insert your cdkey name as (This is good to tell what bots are ethbot or binarygateway ripoffs), you could always insert is as your bots base login name, but for the old login style, it would look something like this:

pBuffer.InsertDWORD 0
   pBuffer.InsertDWORD Len(varCDKey)
   pBuffer.InsertDWORD CLng(dblProdID)
   pBuffer.InsertDWORD CLng(dblValue1)
   pBuffer.InsertDWORD CLng(dblSeed)
   pBuffer.InsertDWORD CLng(dblKey)
   pBuffer.InsertDWORD lngKey
   pBuffer.InsertDWORD lngSeed
   pBuffer.InsertDWORD lngProdID
   pBuffer.InsertDWORD lngValue1
   pBuffer.InsertDWORD lngValue2
   pBuffer.InsertNTString "BuddhaBot"
   pBuffer.SendPacket &H36

the last string in packet 0x36 is the cdkey name, that the client extracts from the mpq and sends to battle.net when you login, so if you replace that with a variable of your bots base login name, then sure, you could WHO your cdkey is being used by, but if its not done by a bot, your most likely never going to be able to tell.
]HighBrow Innovations
Coming soon...

AIM Online Status: