• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Forum changes

Started by Spht, March 28, 2009, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spht

We're in the process of reworking the forums

You may have noticed that several boards have been removed.  don't worry, your posts have not been deleted.  the boards are hidden and can be revived at any time if necessary

Mystical

Yeah, bring this back alive! i've seen most of the community moved to x86 forums, but i will never!

Barabajagal

Shouldn't Starcraft and Diablo be subforums of Battle.net? And maybe have a Warcraft one there (separate from WoW)?

Sixen

Just change the WoW forum to Warcraft imo. You can leave it all how it is other than that.

And could you move this to the Battle.net Forum?

EDIT: Do we have moderators for any of the new gaming forums?
Blizzard Tech Support/Op W@R - FallenArms
The Chat Gem Lives!
http://www.diablofans.com
http://www.sixen.org

Invert

On top of forum changes, we are also discussing on what we are doing with vl.com. We are close to a final decision so stay tuned folks :)

Newby

Quote from: Mystical on March 28, 2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, bring this back alive! i've seen most of the community moved to x86 forums, but i will never!

From the looks of it there, you wouldn't think so. Haha.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Barabajagal

When do we get a favicon?

Spht

brew

Dumb. Too many ranks. I like the old ones.
just my opinion on the matter, though

Also, when am I getting my helios back?
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Spht

I've been doing work on the vL classic theme lately.  i'm really satisfied with it at this point.

We have two themes to choose from: the SMF default (light-toned) and vL classic (dark-toned)

Helios was causing problems the last time we installed it and it had some annoying bugs, so helios won't be offered anymore

Personally, i prefer vL classic over all of them because it's really the old vL signature look

Also, stay tuned for valhallalegends.com, where we will be getting back to our roots and what made vL attractive in the beginning

(disclaimer: this post contains no april fools trickery)

MyndFyre

I like the updates to the classic theme.  It's looking really sharp; my only complaint is that the "new post" image is sometimes a little tough to distinguish from the gray on the forum index.

It would be nice if we could figure out how to fix the tab order on the classic theme so pressing tab from the post box went to the Post button.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Spht

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on April 01, 2009, 12:51 PM
I like the updates to the classic theme.  It's looking really sharp; my only complaint is that the "new post" image is sometimes a little tough to distinguish from the gray on the forum index.

It would be nice if we could figure out how to fix the tab order on the classic theme so pressing tab from the post box went to the Post button.

Addressed both issues

Invert

April 1st

MyndFyre

Quote from: Spht on April 01, 2009, 01:23 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on April 01, 2009, 12:51 PM

Addressed both issues

....Thanks
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Grok

Quote from: Sixen on March 29, 2009, 01:53 AM
EDIT: Do we have moderators for any of the new gaming forums?

Will be Invert and up to him if he wishes to get help.