SCGP Client (VB6 Open Source)

Started by Ringo, November 03, 2008, 08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

MysT_DooM

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

Ringo

Quote from: Andy on January 30, 2009, 05:39 AM
Added in an edit... That's why I didn't see it.
That edit a few mins after posting, was infact to correct some pretty bad spelling errors. But nice try ;)

Quote from: Andy on January 30, 2009, 05:39 AM
Fine... But I'm still using DLLs in my bot (whenever I get another version done). It makes it so much easier to update a single component rather than the entire thing.
I don't think you get it, do you?
Doing that, is no issue. How ever, doing that then releaseing the DLL for the mass', just contributes to abuse on battle.net.
Let me educate you.
On battle.net, theres still people who acutaly play battle.net games.. It's crazzy, eh?
Infact theres 100's of 1000's online and playing at any given time.
When alot of these people are not ingame on battle.net, they are in a thing called a battle.net chat channel. Neat, eh?
Anyway, alot of them like to make online friends, ask other people for games, and make clans etc etc.
The last thing any of them want, is some kid who doesn't get bored of flooding/spamming their channels, because they are to dumb or find somthing else better to do with their time.
I couldnt' care less about the spam, since it doesn't effect me. None the less, I respect 100's of 1000's of players who acutaly legity use battle.net still, and have no repesct for the hand full of kids who think its cool and fun to screw it up for other players.  ::)

Barabajagal

I dunno then... Maybe I just skipped over that part of the post.

And in case you hadn't noticed, I don't really respect anyone or anything, nor do I expect any respect in return. I don't see the point in it. Information should be free, regardless of the repercussions. I don't care if you agree or disagree with that. When I started writing battle.net bots (and even now), I didn't want anything to do with the reversing process, nor even handling packets. My interest has always been in the application itself, and how well it does at whatever its purpose is. If that happens to be massloading or flooding, so be it.

xpeh

Partially agree with Andy.

If some1 wanna to do something that you don't like, but is possible, he will made it, w/o asking your opinion.

As for me, working with protocol is interesting. Reversing sux.

Mystical

Quote from: xpeh on January 31, 2009, 12:11 AM
Partially agree with Andy.

If some1 wanna to do something that you don't like, but is possible, he will made it, w/o asking your opinion.

As for me, working with protocol is interesting. Reversing sux.

i don't think that applies to taking someone elses working code modifing it and releasing it into a public distributed dl for all to use, specially even if he did release the source public, he put work and time into it to make it much harder for anyone to jack

xpeh

Ringo

Quote from: Andy on January 30, 2009, 11:57 PM
I dunno then... Maybe I just skipped over that part of the post.
none the less, it kind of went with out saying, unless, you lack any form of common sence.

Quote from: Andy on January 30, 2009, 11:57 PM
And in case you hadn't noticed, I don't really respect anyone or anything, nor do I expect any respect in return. I don't see the point in it. Information should be free, regardless of the repercussions. I don't care if you agree or disagree with that.
Right, so you don't respect anyone or anything, but you respect peoples right to free infomation.
Just listen to you're self for 5min.
Incase you haven't noticed, This topic is all about free infomation, on both SCGP, and warden.
The infomation is free for people to use and learn from.
Just becasue you lack any self respect, doesn't mean you should ignore peoples right to use battle.net with out having to put up with abuseing little kids like nes.
Common man, find that thing you call a brain, and use it.
No wunder the world sucks, with morons like you and with logic like that.

Quote from: xpeh on January 31, 2009, 12:17 AM
Does it violate any license?
Yes. Common sence.

xpeh

Quote from: Ringo on January 31, 2009, 12:20 AM
Yes. Common sence.
Wow, didn't know. What type of license is it?

Why are you so sure, that noone else can write it on his own?

Btw what are you talking about?

Ringo

Quote from: xpeh on January 31, 2009, 12:23 AM
Yes. Common sence.

???

Mystical

Quote from: xpeh on January 31, 2009, 12:23 AM
Yes. Common sence.

I don't think you should be talking if you didn't read the forums.

and i believe this should be in all in respect.

xpeh

Sry, but i didn't read all 10 pages, most of them flood, in all respect :)

Hdx

Quote from: xpeh on January 31, 2009, 01:09 AM
Sry, but i didn't read all 10 pages, most of them flood, in all respect :)
The cause of alot of that is Andy releasing his warden dll then NES begging for help on how to use it in his flood bot. Then thinking hes 1337 and badass because he is flooding again.

Basically, Andy, Don't release DLLs. That should be the end of it.
Ringo, Keep up the good work, Posting docs and maybe psudocode.

Aside form that everyone else shut it and someone perma ban nes?
its more then easy to completely block ips and proxys from the forum.

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Barabajagal

And here I was thinking the world sucks because the people who do use their brains take all the resources they can from those who don't, or are under some misguided pretense that they can improve the human race by removing it from nature. Thinking does much worse than not thinking ever will.

@xeph: My first DLL was my own code; this recent version is basically a rip and a wrapper, since it's impossible to emulate warden without using assembly, and when I tried to do it in PB, it refused to work.

xpeh

Andy, please write my nick properly.

xpeh

Quote from: Ringo on January 30, 2009, 11:31 PM
Doing that, is no issue. How ever, doing that then releaseing the DLL for the mass', just contributes to abuse on battle.net.
Is it the thing you don't agree, releasing fot the mass'?

|