• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Girl starts smoking because she "likes it"

Started by Spht, December 17, 2007, 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spht

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t52668.html

Ahh. Self-contradictory hilarity at its finest

Summary:

- I tried smoking.  I like it, so how can I smoke without getting addicted?
- I love smoking.  I can stop whenever I want
- I'm not addicted.  I like smoking like I like my chocolate--if someone offers it to me, I EAT IT
- Smoking is the best thing ever.  I feel like having a smoke.  Still not addicted though™
- Wow, you guys are making it sound so bad, I'm kind of scared to have my next cigarette that I planned on having
- Turns out I won't be an addict because I can't afford it and my mom and dad would be mad, so I had a couple smokes tonight.  Smoking is so great, you have got to try it.  It's the ultimate pleasure
- It's nice that I can smoke whenever the need arises without being an addict.  Just remember not to inhale
- I tried inhaling instead.  Wow, that is so much better
- Damn.  You guys were right.  I'm smoking like a chimney now.  I'm addicted. Ok, I'm going to quit
- Oh no!  I had another cigarette!  Non-smokers just don't understand how hard it is to quit
- Alright I quit
- Damn.  I gave in.  I smoke daily now

No more posts from Kelly.  I assume she died from lung cancer after 2 months of casual smoking

Dale

Quote from: Spht on December 17, 2007, 04:32 PM
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t52668.html

Ahh. Self-contradictory hilarity at its finest

Summary:

- I tried smoking.  I like it, so how can I smoke without getting addicted?
- I love smoking.  I can stop whenever I want
- I'm not addicted.  I like smoking like I like my chocolate--if someone offers it to me, I EAT IT
- Smoking is the best thing ever.  I feel like having a smoke.  Still not addicted though™
- Wow, you guys are making it sound so bad, I'm kind of scared to have my next cigarette that I planned on having
- Turns out I won't be an addict because I can't afford it and my mom and dad would be mad, so I had a couple smokes tonight.  Smoking is so great, you have got to try it.  It's the ultimate pleasure
- It's nice that I can smoke whenever the need arises without being an addict.  Just remember not to inhale
- I tried inhaling instead.  Wow, that is so much better
- Damn.  You guys were right.  I'm smoking like a chimney now.  I'm addicted. Ok, I'm going to quit
- Oh no!  I had another cigarette!  Non-smokers just don't understand how hard it is to quit
- Alright I quit
- Damn.  I gave in.  I smoke daily now

No more posts from Kelly.  I assume she died from lung cancer after 2 months of casual smoking

That's hilarious, it's great how some of us just don't pick up a cigarette in their life.

iago

Reading that thread is like watching a trainwreck. You can just see it happening but nobody can stop it, you just have to watch!

In any case, it almost sounds like a joke, although I don't think it is. I read the first page, which only covers 20 days, and she seems to go through the entire stages of addiction. Kinda funny, in a way.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

l2k-Shadow

but you can tell (just by the way she writes) how dumb she is.  so it's not as if you could do anything for her anyway.

i don't understand how people love the taste of cigarettes, it tastes like shit, literally.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

warz

for me, it's the smell. i've smoked cigarettes plenty of times, and am not addicted. i've never bought my own pack, and only usually smoke if I'm drunk and a friend offers me one. but, the smell of cigarette smoke is what makes me want one sometimes.

Dale

Quote from: betawarz on December 18, 2007, 03:23 PM
for me, it's the smell. i've smoked cigarettes plenty of times, and am not addicted. i've never bought my own pack, and only usually smoke if I'm drunk and a friend offers me one. but, the smell of cigarette smoke is what makes me want one sometimes.

Hah, I've never, not once picked up a cigarette, as hinted towards in my first post, but I do know what you mean when you say the smell makes you want to have one, There are certain cigarettes, (I don't know the brand) but they actually smell pretty good. But some do smell god awful.

iago

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on December 18, 2007, 12:25 PM
i don't understand how people love the taste of cigarettes, it tastes like shit, literally.
"literally"? That implies that you know what shit tastes like.

Newby

Cigs heighten your drunk buzz for a short period of time if you don't smoke them very often. It's nice.

I think I've only finished one cigarette completely in my life.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

warz

The brand of cigarettes called "Kool" smell pretty damn good. This old guy at my work smokes them all day every day, and I go out on smoke breaks with him sometimes just to get a smell of them. lol (but also so avoid doing any actual work)

DeTaiLs

You guys ever smoke clove cigarettes, they smell so good it smells just like somebody light a bunch of incense. They taste so damn good also but they are 8 dollars a pack unless you live in Delaware.

warz

Quote from: DeTaiLs on December 19, 2007, 05:13 PM
You guys ever smoke clove cigarettes, they smell so good it smells just like somebody light a bunch of incense. They taste so damn good also but they are 8 dollars a pack unless you live in Delaware.

Yeah, back in the day a friend of mine always had Digarms, or some shit. They're all black and smell amazing. They taste like candy, too. They crackle whenever you smoke them. I heard they were real bad for you, though.

Dale

Quote from: betawarz on December 19, 2007, 07:38 PM

Yeah, back in the day a friend of mine always had Digarms, or some shit. They're all black and smell amazing. They taste like candy, too. They crackle whenever you smoke them. I heard they were real bad for you, though.

Are you insinuating that other cigarette brands aren't dangerous or just as dangerous as far as health risks?

warz

Quote from: Dale on December 20, 2007, 02:11 PM
Are you insinuating that other cigarette brands aren't dangerous or just as dangerous as far as health risks?

No, dangerous as in if you smoke them, level 70 elite mobs will spawn and gank you. Do not smoke unless you have at least a party of 5. Certain brands may even require a raid of 25+.

iago

I can agree with that, I hate the smell of incense, too.

And you're lucky if they're $8, in Canada you won't find any cigarettes for under $10.