• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Canadians bring back the death penalty

Started by Invert, November 16, 2007, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

Barabajagal

Spht

Good thing the taser gun was invented.  without it, the four cops would have had to physical grab the unarmed guy and handcuff him

MyndFyre

Seems like he wasn't tasered to death, he was choked.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Invert

Barabajagal

I think it's about time to recall those stun guns...

disco

Say it with me:

Invert

Quote from: Andy on November 25, 2007, 03:35 AM

Yes! Those pesky stun guns just seem to be killing people all on their own.

Let's use this for our campaign slogan: A Canada without stun guns is a better Canada!

Barabajagal

I didn't say all stun guns, I said those stun guns. As in, they may be malfunctioning if they're killing people. Either that, or their police force needs better training.

iago

Yeah, the thing is, stun guns aren't supposed to kill people. These ones are killing people. Therefore, there's a problem. The RCMP is looking into the issue and will find out what's going on, so for now things should be ok.

And incidentally, I've never heard anybody talk about this on the news, but I feel really, really bad for the people who were holding the stun guns. Could you imagine accidentally killing somebody who was no threat? I'd feel horrible!
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Invert

Jumping to conclusions is easy. Those stun guns were the problem.

or

We can consider other possible factors like medical conditions and/or drugs. Maybe we can go as far as saying that the officer might have held his knee on the guys neck a bit too long?

Who knows, we might be too smart for thinking out of the box, lets just go with "These ones are killing people. Therefore, there's a problem" logic.

I also feel bad for those security people that did not even try to find a translator so that they can communicate with the guy. I mean, how can you go wrong with trying to talk with someone in English when he only understands Russian? Damn those darn stun guns!

Barabajagal

No, it's called checking all the bases. Not jumping to conclusions. To disregard that there could be an issue with the stun guns is just stupid. There is someone or something at fault here. Whether it's the police training or the guns remains to be seen, but unless they check both, they won't be able to fix either!

I honestly don't see why you have to try to argue with common sense.

Invert

Quote from: Andy on November 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
No, it's called checking all the bases. Not jumping to conclusions. To disregard that there could be an issue with the stun guns is just stupid. There is someone or something at fault here. Whether it's the police training or the guns remains to be seen, but unless they check both, they won't be able to fix either!

I honestly don't see why you have to try to argue with common sense.

I'm confused. Are you pretending or are you really this obtuse?

What bases have you checked? You were the first one (and then iago) to jump to a conclusion that there was something wrong with the stun guns without considering anything else. I never said one thing or the other is at fault. I never argued for or against anything and only mocked your faulty logic. I used sarcasm and dramatization, you probably did not get it.

Go team Canada!

Barabajagal

Did you even read my post?

Here, I'll make it easy for you:
Quote from: Andy on November 27, 2007, 02:19 PM
...they may be malfunctioning if they're killing people. Either that, or their police force needs better training.

Invert

Quote from: Andy on November 28, 2007, 12:35 AM
Did you even read my post?

Here, I'll make it easy for you:
Quote from: Andy on November 27, 2007, 02:19 PM
...they may be malfunctioning if they're killing people. Either that, or their police force needs better training.

Yes, but before you said that you said this:

Quote from: Andy on November 25, 2007, 03:35 AM

The way you can make it easy for me and the rest of us is to stop posting nonsense.