• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

How To: Beat the Censor

Started by Barabajagal, November 01, 2007, 07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: Chriso.de on November 03, 2007, 07:46 PM
Ahh true, perhaps bad design by Battle.Net? Since you can still swear at others regardless of if you are in a public channel or not?

/ignore fixes that problem.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Barabajagal

or /o igwhis... Nobody uses the option features, though. And no, Chriso, it was intentional.

Chriso

Just seems odd that swearing is only blocked in public channels though, I mean children could stumble into a private channel and get e-molested (in #sex) or e-abused.

UserLoser

Quote from: Chriso.de on November 03, 2007, 10:39 PM
Just seems odd that swearing is only blocked in public channels though, I mean children could stumble into a private channel and get e-molested (in #sex) or e-abused.

#sex isn't/wasn't ever a channel on battle.net

Kp

Censoring was not present in the original version of the software.  It was added after I had been on battle.net for several years.  I presume the decision to censor only public channels was driven by the fact that public channels are a landing zone and have no operator.  If someone is swearing in a private channel, the operator can remove that person.  If the operator refuses, the offended parties can move to a different private channel, and /whois will not allow you to follow them.  On the other hand, if you change public channels, the cursing entity can follow you easily.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: UserLoser on November 04, 2007, 01:38 AM

perhaps not but

/j #sex
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Leaky

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on November 04, 2007, 11:09 AM

perhaps not but

/j #sex

LuLz he didn't say it was an invalid channel he meant it's not an actively used channel

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: Leaky on November 04, 2007, 01:49 PM

perhaps not but

/j #sex

LuLz he didn't say it was an invalid channel he meant it's not an actively used channel

you might want to double check that information. it's full almost all the time on east.

UserLoser

Leaky

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on November 04, 2007, 01:51 PM
Quote from: Leaky on November 04, 2007, 01:49 PM

perhaps not but

/j #sex

you might want to double check that information. it's full almost all the time on east.
i did double check it see /\ userlosers' post # is filtered out of the channel name :P invalid channel name it is it is

l2k-Shadow

i was merely pointing out with my first post that /j #sex and /j sex are the same thing.

Chriso

Sorry habit from IRC, yeah I meant /j sex

Barabajagal

Sex on both west and east has always been popular, east often having 3 or more channels, with the first two often totally full. It's a bunch of idlers, with random quiet chat occasionally.

UserLoser

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on November 04, 2007, 03:10 PM
i was merely pointing out with my first post that /j #sex and /j sex are the same thing.

Not on Battle.net

Mystical

Quote from: UserLoser on November 05, 2007, 02:18 AM
Quote from: l2k-Shadow on November 04, 2007, 03:10 PM

Not on Battle.net

If you use "/join #sex" or "/join sex" on starcraft client they work the same.

|