• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

How To: Beat the Censor

Started by Barabajagal, November 01, 2007, 07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leaky

is it just me being blind... as far as i can tell that function will ALWAYS assume lowercase.... really it's completly pointless to do the caps o.O especially since it's not used.. anywhere (i might be blind iuno)

Barabajagal

It only capitalizes the censored words if the entire rest of the text in the variable is capitalized.

UserLoser

Thanks but not really.  Please contribute useful things

Barabajagal

rabbit

You didn't even read what I said.  VB treats ~!@#$%^&*()_+ as uppercase characters, thus
Quote from: rabbit on November 02, 2007, 08:09 AM
if a message is ONLY a censored word, your function will assume it's uppercase.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Barabajagal

Try it yourself if you don't believe me.

iNsaNe

Quote from: Chriso.de on November 02, 2007, 01:04 AM
Splitting it by space wouldn't work, what if someone said cockfag instead of just "cock" or "fag" nothing would happen...

cockfag wouldnt be censored by battle net

Mystical

It's not cencsored but you can't make the account :D

Barabajagal

Mystical

Leaky

Quote from: MyStiCaL on November 03, 2007, 05:37 PM
hmm...?

hmmm bnet trivia

do private channels have censoring?
answer: no

also you don't see the censoring your self everyone else does

Barabajagal

Perfect for this forum, isn't it?

Chriso

Haha yeah, say it in a public channel and view it on another bot (or have a bot say it)... I can't remember if whispers are censored or not, someone want to test that out?

Barabajagal

Whispers are not censored. I know all about this stuff, since I've always been in public channels :P

Chriso

Ahh true, perhaps bad design by Battle.Net? Since you can still swear at others regardless of if you are in a public channel or not?

|