• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

StarCraftJ.rar

Started by iCe, August 23, 2007, 06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabajagal

Wow... I feel really bad for you if you think society is everything...

Michael

Quote from: Andy on September 05, 2007, 03:14 PM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on September 05, 2007, 02:16 PM
Quote from: Andy on September 05, 2007, 02:10 PM
Quote from: Camel on September 05, 2007, 08:39 AM
Quote from: Andy on September 04, 2007, 03:56 PM
Or... I could just say fuck you to all legal authorities and refuse to cooperate.

I hope you give the police that additude when they show up to arrest you ;D

Of course I will. I have no intention of dealing with society, so they should have no intention of dealing with me.

You do realize that the mentality you're carrying is irrational, right?  You're knocking on the way our society is, yet don't even acknowledge all of the (positive) things that came from it.  Take the technological progression with computers, for example.

Honestly, technological development has a negative effect on humanity. As does medicine, laws, and anything else of that nature.

Technology makes people lazy. We don't move, we sit in chairs all day (which are very bad for our backs), and most people don't use their brains at all (unless you're working on something, or playing a game that actually takes planned out strategy).

Medicine has nearly negated evolution. If the weak died out, we wouldn't have overpopulation like we do, and the human race would be a stronger, more disease-resistant species. Now we're susceptible to all kinds of things that we weren't before.

Quite simply, I hate society and everything it implicates because it removes us from our natural state of being. With any luck, the Earth will wipe us out and fix itself soon.
Andy, your a cool guy and all but i might feel safer if you were locked up :P, you remind me of those kids who go to their school campus and shoot everyone...

Hdx

Guys don't worry about Andy :P He's been this way for years. He just likes to bash on everyone/thing. You should see where he lives, hes so up in the sticks its not even funny. When it comes to legal shit, just do whatever you want, if they threaten you, comply. It's not worth the headache to deal with them. BUT when it comes to stupid shit like SCJ I don't think blizzard cares, do they even print it anymore? I doubt it. They only care if you're giving out shit for there current games.
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Barabajagal

Quote from: -MichaeL- on September 05, 2007, 05:33 PM
Or... I could just say fuck you to all legal authorities and refuse to cooperate.

Of course I will. I have no intention of dealing with society, so they should have no intention of dealing with me.

You do realize that the mentality you're carrying is irrational, right?  You're knocking on the way our society is, yet don't even acknowledge all of the (positive) things that came from it.  Take the technological progression with computers, for example.

Honestly, technological development has a negative effect on humanity. As does medicine, laws, and anything else of that nature.

Technology makes people lazy. We don't move, we sit in chairs all day (which are very bad for our backs), and most people don't use their brains at all (unless you're working on something, or playing a game that actually takes planned out strategy).

Medicine has nearly negated evolution. If the weak died out, we wouldn't have overpopulation like we do, and the human race would be a stronger, more disease-resistant species. Now we're susceptible to all kinds of things that we weren't before.

Quite simply, I hate society and everything it implicates because it removes us from our natural state of being. With any luck, the Earth will wipe us out and fix itself soon.
Andy, your a cool guy and all but i might feel safer if you were locked up :P, you remind me of those kids who go to their school campus and shoot everyone...

I had plans to take over the world and rewrite the human mind (and since they discovered a cure for fear, those plans aren't so far-fetched anymore), but I've decided the human race doesn't deserve saving. I've given up on trying to change anyone or anything. For all my ranting, I'm completely harmless. Unless you drive a Hummer. I may have to slash your tires and spray-paint your windows if you drive a Hummer.

Explicit

It looks to me like you're just trying to find a reason to separate yourself from the rest of the world (well, society).  I guess now my question is, what makes your paradigm any better than someone who's already integrated into a society?

And if you're actually convinced that your way of life is better, why do you touch a computer keyboard, or a camera, or anything else of the like?

And medicine hasn't "nearly negated evolution," as you put it.  Evolution is a process of random genetic mutation, emphasis placed on the word 'random'.  Just as there's adaptation, there's exaptation, which is the development of a trait or characteristic that in no way benefits the organism.  We'd be more susceptible to eons of exaptation since it's pretty much trial and error, at least until a trait we deem as an adaptation manifests.

Really though, if you hate society and all of its seemingly evil implications, you'd be better off killing yourself now, because it's something that is not going to change any time soon.  You make it seem like anyone who's part of a society is already a sinner whose being is beyond redemption, but the funny thing is, whether you believe it or not, that would include you, too.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Barabajagal

....I never said I was any better than society. And I try to avoid touching cameras...

As for your comment on evolution... I'm not even going to comment on that. I thought people here had more intelligence.

And as for sinning and redemption, please don't attempt to tag the earth with religion. Quite simply, the Earth tends to balance itself out rather nicely, and currently, the human race is an imbalance. It's insane to think we won't destroy ourselves at the rate we're going, but then again sanity is statistical... so maybe insane is the wrong word. In any case, I never said anything about me being better (or different) than anyone else. Where'd you get the idea that I put myself above the system I'm forced to exist in? As far as terms of technological development, my ideals are rock bottom.

Explicit

Quote from: Andy on September 05, 2007, 07:14 PM
....I never said I was any better than society. And I try to avoid touching cameras...

As for your comment on evolution... I'm not even going to comment on that. I thought people here had more intelligence.

And as for sinning and redemption, please don't attempt to tag the earth with religion. Quite simply, the Earth tends to balance itself out rather nicely, and currently, the human race is an imbalance. It's insane to think we won't destroy ourselves at the rate we're going, but then again sanity is statistical... so maybe insane is the wrong word. In any case, I never said anything about me being better (or different) than anyone else. Where'd you get the idea that I put myself above the system I'm forced to exist in? As far as terms of technological development, my ideals are rock bottom.

That's exactly my point.  You're dismissing everything because it doesn't fit snugly into your scheme of how the world "should be," and you seem to regard it and everything else that's a product of society as a plague.  If not that, then at the very least, you carry yourself (demeanor and all) as if you're one who's enlightened and sees something that everyone else doesn't.

So, I want to ask you again, though worded differently: What makes your view of the way the world should work a more ideal place to live in?

By the way, and I know that you don't try to avoid cameras.  If you actually did try, there wouldn't be pictures of you floating around like the one with the Spam.

As for the sinning and redemption part, the intention wasn't to bring religion into it, so I apologize for not clarifying.  I was speaking in general, which is all that you've been doing... acknowledging the negatives, but disregarding the positives (of society).

Barabajagal

That's a lego camera photo, I didn't have to touch it. "Take Photo" button FTW. I don't avoid cameras, I avoid touching them. Don't ask me to give a reason, cause I won't.

I'm about as enlightened as anyone who realizes he's about to drive his car into a brick wall. It doesn't take much to notice. I don't mean to appear "high and mighty" or any of that bullshit.

My ideal is not a more ideal place to live in for people. By that, I mean it's more ideal for the world, and not people. I would rather see people living as animals again than to destroy themselves. It honestly doesn't matter in the least what I tell you, because it's just some bullshit created by a most likely mentally unstable mind (if you don't understand the reference, I mean mine).

Newby

Move to the wildlife of Africa. When you're fighting off rival tribes come tell us how wonderful it is to experience life the way it should be.

Oh, wait, you won't have a computer.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Barabajagal

I've been thinking of it... There's got to be an area between jungle and desert that's not too bad.

Michael

I wouldn't mind living in medieval times, i mean thing about it going around on horse (not having to pay for gas). if you tried to ride a house down the street you would either get locked up or ran over.

Hdx

Theres no laws against riding a horse, as long as you arnt a moron. I actually used to do it a lot when I needed something from intown when I lived in scappoose.
But, like I said Andy lives in a remote area, it does things with your head <3
His ideas are sound (when you can get him to explain them) but the way he goes about it is...
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Falcon[anti-yL]

Time to move this topic to the philosophy forum -_-

Barabajagal

Not so much... trash bin is a better idea.

Explicit

Quote from: Andy on September 05, 2007, 07:54 PM
That's a lego camera photo, I didn't have to touch it. "Take Photo" button FTW. I don't avoid cameras, I avoid touching them. Don't ask me to give a reason, cause I won't.

I'm about as enlightened as anyone who realizes he's about to drive his car into a brick wall. It doesn't take much to notice. I don't mean to appear "high and mighty" or any of that bullshit.

My ideal is not a more ideal place to live in for people. By that, I mean it's more ideal for the world, and not people. I would rather see people living as animals again than to destroy themselves. It honestly doesn't matter in the least what I tell you, because it's just some bullshit created by a most likely mentally unstable mind (if you don't understand the reference, I mean mine).

I don't mean for it to seem like I'm attacking you.  I just wanted to hear your reasons for things, more so that I could at least try to understand exactly what it is that you're seeing.

|