|

Don Cullen

Add this CSS code to your theme:

#bodyPackets {
width: 225px;
overflow: auto;
}

That should solve your problem...

Quote from: rabbit on August 27, 2007, 01:06 PMWell, it's mostly finished, but I have some errands to run so it's not perfect.

Done yet?

QuoteAlso, it'd be great if you could throw some \n's into your output of the menus.  Having 500 characters on a single line isn't fun.

I don't understand. Mind clarifying?

QuoteMake a class :\

Already ahead of you. I modified the code, so you should be able to edit alot of it via CSS now.

#content {
/* The entire site. */
}

#logo {
/* the graphical logo */
}

#textonlylogo {
/* obvious... */
}

.navmenu {
/* class that affects all of the navigation menus on both sides of the site */
}

/* div's include the title bar AND the body, the body doesn't include title bars */

#divMain_Menu {
}

#bodyMain_Menu {
}

#divConsole {
}

#bodyConsole {
}

#divDocuments {
}

#bodyDocuments {
}

#divGenerate_Code {
}

#bodyGenerate_Code {
}

#divPackets {
}

#bodyPackets {
}

#divOther_Resources {
}

#bodyOther_Resources {
}

/* The following is for the text RAW, RESEARCH, and DEFUNCT when listing their status in the packet menu. */

.raw {
}

.research {
}

.defunct {
}

#viewcode {
/* for the "View Code: [  PAS CPP VB PHP  ]" line */
}

If there's anything else you'd like for me to make into a class/id, let me know and I'll add it.
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

rabbit

Toss some \n's into your menu!

<div id="Battle_net_Messages">Battle.net Messages [ <a id="x11" href="#" onclick="toggle_visibility('a1'); toggle_name(this); return(false);">+</a> ]<br><div class="togglable" id="a1"><a href="/?op=packet&pid=370"><font size=1>S > C [0x00] SID_NULL</font></a><br><a href="/?op=packet&pid=174"><font size=1>C >.......A snippet from the menu.

Now, some pseudocode of what your menu code may look likeloop open
    $packetlist .= "<a href=\"/?op=packet&pid=" . $packet_lid . "\"><font size=1>" . $direction . " [0x" . $pid . "] " . $packetname . "</font></a><br>";
loop close
print $packetlist;

And here, some pseudocode of what your menu code SHOULD look like (if it's like the above)
loop open
    $packetlist .= "<a href=\"/?op=packet&pid=" . $packet_lid . "\"><font size=1>" . $direction . " [0x" . $pid . "] " . $packetname . "</font></a><br>\n"; // <-- note the \n
loop close
print $packetlist;
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Don Cullen

Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Don Cullen

Document editor is finished, so documents can be added to BNETDocs Redux now. I've started work on the comment scripts, so people should be able to comment on packets/documents as soon as I finish the script.

Edit: Apologies for double post, forgot to check to see who the last poster was (me).
Regards,
Don
-------

Barabajagal

About documents... The "Related" bit doesn't seem to work right. See "Battle.net's File Transfer Protocol Version 1" or "Version 2" for what I mean.

Don Cullen

Quote from: Andy on September 04, 2007, 01:08 PM
About documents... The "Related" bit doesn't seem to work right. See "Battle.net's File Transfer Protocol Version 1" or "Version 2" for what I mean.

Ahh yes, I see what you mean. The shortcut code seems to be broken. I'm looking into it now.

Edit: fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.
Regards,
Don
-------

Barabajagal

There we go. Also, I've started using tab formatting (DL/DT/DD HTML tags) in some of the messages for easier reading. http://bnetdocs.dementedminds.net/?op=packet&pid=381 is a good example of what I mean. Is this alright?

Barabajagal

Great... Now I can't use any HTML tags or the site errors. What'd you do?

Don Cullen

Most unexpected. Apparently I forgot to add a html filter to the packet scripts, as well as the document scripts. I'll do that.

Quote from: Andy on September 04, 2007, 05:53 PM
Great... Now I can't use any HTML tags or the site errors. What'd you do?

My apologies, works fine now. Thanks for pointing it out. When you said you were using HTML tags, I was very surprised, I thought I had put in code to filter out HTML. So I went in and put in code to filter out html. But I also set it up to allow certain HTML tags, dl, dt, dd should work fine. If there's any other tags you'd like to me to add to the allowance list (currently allowed are: b, i, blockquote, ul, ol, li, br, a, dl, dt, dd), let me know.

My apologies for the errors, you happened to be using BNETDocs Redux at the same exact moment I was adding in the filter. :P I'm done now, so there should be no further errors on that part.
Regards,
Don
-------

Barabajagal

s (strikethrough), u (underline), and possibly style tags would be useful. I'll continue adding stuff later on. See ya!

Don Cullen

Quote from: Andy on September 04, 2007, 06:13 PM
s (strikethrough), u (underline), and possibly style tags would be useful. I'll continue adding stuff later on. See ya!

s, u, and p have been added. I didn't add <style> tags since that'd interfere with existing user's css theme preferences. I however added span to the list of allowed tags, so if you want, you could stylize individual text, or whatever via span. For instance, if you do this:

<span class="example">Example text</span>, you'd be able to use your CSS Theme editor to assign styles to that particular class/id.

You also could do:

<span style="something">Example text</span>, but I'd advise against it since that pretty much takes the ability of users to customize the site to their preferences out of their hands. If you absolutely *must* add the style tag to span or other allowed tags, at least minimize the amount of interference to the user's custom css it will cause... :)

edit: Rabbit, css themes are now done via external files. Thanks for the suggestion.
Regards,
Don
-------

Barabajagal

Well, the main thing I'm wondering is do you have any interest in being W3C valid? Strict HTML 4.01 doesn't have B, I, S, U, blockquote, etc...

Edit: I believe we need to standardize a packet display format. My suggestion (and what I've been using) is:
Format:
(TYPE) [#] Name (Def)

TYPE: Variable Type
#: Count of variables if in a group
Name: Variable name
Def: Default (or seen) value(s) of the variable

Remarks:
Information.

Information on Name:
<dl><dd>0x##: Description
0x##: Description</dd></dl>
More Information.

For (what I think is) the best example of this format, view the MCP_STARTUP documentation.

I'd also like to suggest we use a standardized terminology. For example, all clients referred to by their Product ID (DRTL/DSHR/D2DV/D2XP/STAR/SEXP/JSTR/SSHR/W2BN/WAR3/W3XP), "Realm" for d2 realms, "IPBan" for a temporary IP-based ban, "Battle.net" or "BNCS" for Battle.net itself ("Gateway" for the individual gateways), etc.

Camel

You should change the transform so '\n' becomes '<br/>' automatically.

[edit] or use <pre>...</pre>

rabbit

Quote from: Camel on September 05, 2007, 08:45 AM
You should change the transform so '\n' becomes '<br/>' automatically.

[edit] or use <pre>...</pre>
Bad.  \n to <br /> would make the output pretty, but the code behind it would all be on one line (which I've already pointed out is hell to debug).
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Camel

There's nothing preventing a '\n' => '<br/>\n' transform.

|