• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

BNLS backup server

Started by Denial, March 26, 2007, 10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Cullen

Quote from: Ersan on March 28, 2007, 03:57 PM
I think he changes it when BNLS goes down to ringo's server or crappy dialup home pc or whatever, I don't think BNLS is down, or even was when this was posted...

BNLS.DementedMinds.net is a redirector. When BNLS goes down, I have it redirect to the next available service that offers the best compatibility at the time, such as Ringo's server (although Ringo no longer hosts it, last I heard, Ringo was transferring his data to Hdx -- whatever happened to that?), and Hdx's JBLS server. BNLS.DementedMinds.net by default redirects to BNLS until BNLS goes down, then it starts redirecting. As soon as BNLS comes back up, it resumes redirecting to BNLS.

I set up BNLS.DementedMinds.net so people could use it and not worry about having to update the BNLS address everytime a server went down, since BNLS.DementedMinds.net would already be updated to redirect elsewhere until BNLS was restored.

Speaking of which, I noticed JBLS.org was down, Hdx. Would it be fair to assume you're updating JBLS? Any plans on updating JBLS to use Ringo's data, that is, if he has sent it to you yet?
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Hdx

No im not updating the servers right now.
I'm still working on ym next release of JBLS.
It was down because I don't have access to add any services or startup scripts on the server it is hosted on.
And the server went down sometime during the week.
I was out of town at my bro's for spring break, so I had no clue.
Its up now (Just had to run a batch file that logged into ssh and ran a command)
BUT I am going to take a show and pass out.
We went camping and I have so much mud on me I look like a nig... Black guy. >.>
As for Ringo's cache data. JBLS has it. I jsut never bothered to upload the data to the server cuz its moot now it dosent have all the data.
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Baroness

Is anyone currently working on the lockdown for JBLS?  If so, I would be more than happy to jump in on the project and help.  I simply do not want to do it by myself.

Ersan

Your time would be better spent on the problem in general, not how it affects JBLS...

Baroness

Quote from: Ersan on April 10, 2007, 03:50 PM
Your time would be better spent on the problem in general, not how it affects JBLS...

Was just offering help to a problem that people would surely love as an EXACT alternative to BNLS.  When BNLS is down.

*Shrug*

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: Baroness on April 10, 2007, 11:31 PM

Was just offering help to a problem that people would surely love as an EXACT alternative to BNLS.  When BNLS is down.

*Shrug*

Are you an expert in assembly?
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Baroness

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on April 10, 2007, 11:33 PM
Quote from: Baroness on April 10, 2007, 11:31 PM

*Shrug*

Are you an expert in assembly?

No, but doesn't mean I can't learn.

Don Cullen

For one, I've been monitoring both BNLS and JBLS, and from what it seems so far, JBLS has the same reliability ratio as BNLS. What I'm basically saying is JBLS has the same problems of being down as much as BNLS does. The most frequent I've seen from JBLS is last week. That was particularly bad. I'll probably code in some stuff so my script will keep track of both servers' uptimes so I can give a more accurate reliability ratio.

As Ersan has said, your time would be best put to use to reversing lockdown, and not worry about JBLS in particular. In fact, if you released a method for how to best generate the lockdown checksum, you can rest assured Hdx would immediately implement it without waiting for you to contact him.

Secondly, if you're not an expert in assembly, then the chances of your successfully reversing lockdown is slim to none at this point of time.

However if you're determined to learn assembly, then who's to say that you wouldn't be able to eventually reverse it? Baroness, I'd strongly recommend you not worry about lockdown right now and just focus on learning assembly. When you've mastered it, you can then get cracking on reversing lockdown. People here at the forums usually prefer working with someone who is experienced, so I would think it'd be a fair assumption that you'll have rough luck in locating a proficient partner in reversing lockdown.

Good luck.
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Hdx

Sorry about last week.
Fapiko was switching hosts and it took a LONG time.
If you would of noticed, my server was up still ;)
As for lockdown, I've dang near given up on it.
I know some people who are working on it. And making progression. But its not going fast.
And school has gotten in the way so, I cant do shit for the next 2 months till school ends. After that I MAY work on it.
Doubt it tho.
~Hdx

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status

Don Cullen

Yeah, I noticed it had stabilized the last few times I glanced at my script. I was watching it lately waiting for it to suddenly go down again. My script checks JBLS.org hourly. While my script monitors JBLS regularly, I don't monitor my script regularly. :p

I also noticed Asia was having downtime problems last week too. Europe also went down once. USEast and USWest maintained good uptime last week. But like I said, I wasn't monitoring the script 24/7. I probably will code it so the script will keep track of the uptimes for all of the servers.

As for lockdown, it's no big deal. BNLS is good enough to get past lockdown for now anyhow.
Regards,
Don
-------

Barabajagal

Baroness

Quote from: Kyro on April 11, 2007, 01:24 AM
For one, I've been monitoring both BNLS and JBLS, and from what it seems so far, JBLS has the same reliability ratio as BNLS. What I'm basically saying is JBLS has the same problems of being down as much as BNLS does. The most frequent I've seen from JBLS is last week. That was particularly bad. I'll probably code in some stuff so my script will keep track of both servers' uptimes so I can give a more accurate reliability ratio.

As Ersan has said, your time would be best put to use to reversing lockdown, and not worry about JBLS in particular. In fact, if you released a method for how to best generate the lockdown checksum, you can rest assured Hdx would immediately implement it without waiting for you to contact him.

Secondly, if you're not an expert in assembly, then the chances of your successfully reversing lockdown is slim to none at this point of time.

However if you're determined to learn assembly, then who's to say that you wouldn't be able to eventually reverse it? Baroness, I'd strongly recommend you not worry about lockdown right now and just focus on learning assembly. When you've mastered it, you can then get cracking on reversing lockdown. People here at the forums usually prefer working with someone who is experienced, so I would think it'd be a fair assumption that you'll have rough luck in locating a proficient partner in reversing lockdown.

Good luck.

Yea that's what I decided earlier but didn't make a post about it.  I'm going to get some books on assembly and just learn it before I even attempt at it.  Otherwise, you're right, I won't go anywhere with it.

Barabajagal

I'm working on a little helpful server... It works like a JBLS/BNLS server sort of. It accepts requests the same anyway. It checks my cache database for values, then connects to JBLS/BNLS. I'm working on making it "smart" if the cache fails, so that it will work as often as possible. Also, values are added to the cache if not listed, so the chances of it working when there are no other servers to connect to is higher. The current version is running on my crappy Compaq server thing I got out of a dumpster. You can connect to it at RRLS.No-IP.org ls.realityripple.com (Port 9367).

It passes everything except 0x1A off to JBLS, and it runs 0x1A through a few things (checks my DB [which will allow D1 connection], checks JBLS and BNLS). It'll work better when I have more time for it. Try it out if you want.

Mystical

bnls still doesn't support w3?

Hell-Lord

Nope Hdx.Jbls.org and Andy's server both do though.

|