• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

What would make your ideal bot?

Started by UserLoser, February 26, 2007, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbit

Quote from: Kyro on February 26, 2007, 09:14 PM
Good point rabbit. But also consider: it appears that he is coding a plugin system. Based on prior experience with other kinds of software, usually plugins indicate that the software is intended for eventual public release. I'd think it's safe to assume that while the software won't be released for the public anytime soon, the ultimate intention is to. The only question here is when.
Nope.  He even said his plugin system was based off of BinaryChat's (which is BCP).  BinaryChat was never public, and IIRC no bot UL's ever made has been public.

@Ringo: see "not public".
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Arta

Assuming the fruits of this this project will be made public, bear two things in mind:

- Ringo is right;
- Blizzard are fairly easy-going on bots (at least so far) but suspect they will take a dim view of software that can join and host games: they'd consider it to be a hack program.

That said, it's an impressive feature list you've got there. Hope it all comes together nicely!

Sorc.Polgara

Quote from: UserLoser on February 26, 2007, 08:13 PM
Quote from: Kyro on February 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
Mmm. Again, why would you add in IRC support when that could be best left as a plugin?

I doubt there's anyone out there who would want to write the plugin (and do it good)
Wow, if or when this bot is finished, it'll be awesome.  Are you going to obfuscate the code?  If not, I'd be interesting in decompiling it to take a look at the patcher code, as well as your lockdown implementation :P.

EDIT:  Oh if it's not going to be made public... :(.  I've kind of retired from botdev (too busy with school), but I'm looking for a nice full-featured non-VB bot... this would probably be my choice of a bot to use...

Don Cullen

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 27, 2007, 03:09 AM
And...
Quote from: Kyro on February 26, 2007, 09:26 PM... ability to modify even the header/footer of a packet.

BNet is NOT going to modify the backbone of their packet system. There's no reason to.

I was referring to other protocols. What if Blizzard comes out with a new game and UserLoser is no longer maintaining it? Users would be able to then add the new packet system for that game thus make the bot support that game as well. By implementing the ability of users to modify even the header/footer section of the packets as well as customizing the packet itself, UserLoser would be definitely extending the life of the bot long way past the point UserLoser stops maintaining it.

Quote from: Ringo on February 27, 2007, 01:34 AM
Quote from: UserLoser on February 26, 2007, 05:38 PM
- Support for logging on every Battle.net product using local version checks and password hashing
- Multiple profiles running per executable, the user should never need more than one executable running at a time.
- Ability to host/join UDP games (Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft II)
- Ability to host/join Diablo II games and Warcraft III custom/arranged team games
- Complete Diablo II realm support
Way to screw over bnet.
Anyone with the abbilty to add such support should know its not fit for public domain. show some repect :P
That last thing battle.net needs is ingame massloaders. (that is what it will be used for)

Just my 2 cents -- I thought you had more sence than that :)

I agree with Ringo. Perhaps if you coded in security measures? For instance set it up so the program will allow only one instance per server to enter a UDP game. This way, you'd be giving the users this ability, but also at the same time restricting their ability to massload.
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

brew

There will always be some way to bypass that. I recommend scrapping udp support for any public version completely. Or perhaps port the code for it to a private plugin.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

MysT_DooM

even if he restricts the udp port to just one, it would stop 1 user from creating more than 1 game but look at it at this way. If one person has a userloser bot and another person and another person and another person, etc and all different people, and there all using it to advertise something like "JOIN CLAN BLAH" or something of that spamish nature than the gamelists would just be messy if you get what i mean.  And since blizzard cares about its gamers and something like i mentioned above would affect gamers, than blizzard would step in and do something.
So your best off leaving it out and it be used as something to brag about, like "HAHA my bot can host and join games and yours cant! noob"

Catch my drift ;)

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

vuther.de

UserLoser should just give out his bot to people that he trusts. That would save him less worry.

Spht

Go ahead and write the game client if you haven't already just for the learning experience, but keep it to yourself

Sounds like it's going to be a great product anyway without it

warz

My suggestion would be to leave out the extra networking related protocols. Since this is a bnet client, and not mainly an irc, or botnet client, I don't see any need for the protocols for any of those to be included with the initial download. Include those in separate plug-ins.

Edit: As well as in-game protocol support. Allow users only looking for a bnet chat client to have just that, a simple chat client. I, honestly, view in-game support as extra junk - nobody joins games strictly for chat purposes anyways.

People still write bnet bots? :(

UserLoser

Quote from: Kyro on February 27, 2007, 01:18 PM
Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 27, 2007, 03:09 AM
And...
Quote from: Kyro on February 26, 2007, 09:26 PM... ability to modify even the header/footer of a packet.

BNet is NOT going to modify the backbone of their packet system. There's no reason to.

I was referring to other protocols. What if Blizzard comes out with a new game and UserLoser is no longer maintaining it? Users would be able to then add the new packet system for that game thus make the bot support that game as well. By implementing the ability of users to modify even the header/footer section of the packets as well as customizing the packet itself, UserLoser would be definitely extending the life of the bot long way past the point UserLoser stops maintaining it.

Quote from: Ringo on February 27, 2007, 01:34 AM
Quote from: UserLoser on February 26, 2007, 05:38 PM
- Support for logging on every Battle.net product using local version checks and password hashing
- Multiple profiles running per executable, the user should never need more than one executable running at a time.
- Ability to host/join UDP games (Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft II)
- Ability to host/join Diablo II games and Warcraft III custom/arranged team games
- Complete Diablo II realm support
Way to screw over bnet.
Anyone with the abbilty to add such support should know its not fit for public domain. show some repect :P
That last thing battle.net needs is ingame massloaders. (that is what it will be used for)

Just my 2 cents -- I thought you had more sence than that :)

I agree with Ringo. Perhaps if you coded in security measures? For instance set it up so the program will allow only one instance per server to enter a UDP game. This way, you'd be giving the users this ability, but also at the same time restricting their ability to massload.

I still maintain some things from nearly 6 years ago, and I'm not going anywhere soon :)

As far as the game stuff, I don't see it being THAT much of a threat.  The only real abilities is to chat/read chat (your characters/items/objects/units/etc would be idle in game unless you wrote a plugin to manage them).  I do plan on implementing the same exact anti-flood/spam system for chat in games that I will have on for Battle.net (which is a modified version of reversed Warcraft III's built in anti-flood system).  It's not like the bot is going to be a spam bot/automated in games.

ArtofMurder

Useless post alert:

I'm looking forward to the release of UserBot.

P.S.: Do you have any screen shots of UserBot that you'd like to share?

UserLoser

Quote from: ArtofMurder on February 28, 2007, 02:11 PM
Useless post alert:

I'm looking forward to the release of UserBot.

P.S.: Do you have any screen shots of UserBot that you'd like to share?

Keep your eye on this thread.  There is one screenshot (so far) of the system tray interface where you can control the profiles (similar to SphtBotv3's profile launcher, but based off of Skywing's BinaryChat).  The other dialogs are still being worked on so there isn't much to see yet.

ArtofMurder

Edit:

I'm stupid.

Barabajagal

If you need a good list of game icons, you can get one here. I created d2 icons with dots for what act/difficulty they're in. Also includes w3 and clan icons, and Away/DND/Away+DND icons I made for friend listings... May save you some time...

rabbit

UL likes to download the BNI's and unpack them himself, using drawing API to create anything else he needs (like ladder ranks).
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

|